Write for EPL Talk

3067285400 bf664c0ce01 Write for EPL Talk

Photo by martin.canchola

Do you consider yourself a massive soccer fan? Have you always wanted to write about the sport and share your ideas, opinions and knowledge with thousands of soccer fans around the world? If so, and if you can write well, we here at EPL Talk would love to have your content published on this site.

Trusted since 2005, more than 500,000 unique fans visit EPL Talk each month for expert news and analysis of the Premier League. Whether you’re interested in writing a post, creating a video or sharing original photographs, we’d like to give you the opportunity to be published on the award-winning EPL Talk site. We’re looking for original content. It could be about your favorite Premier League club, tips on how to excel at Football Manager or FIFA 11, a tactical analysis of a recent game, or any remarkable ideas you may have.

If you’re interested, please e-mail me at thegaffer[at]epltalk[dot]com and share a writing sample or example of your work.

Whether you’re interested in a career in soccer journalism or if you simply want to get something off your chest, EPL Talk is your venue. Later this summer we plan on launching a massive redesign of this site and the others in the EPL Talk Network, which will elevate the quality and quantity of content that soccer fans worldwide can read here. If you have an interest, we’d love to chat to you.

Last but not least, there are some additional advantages to being a blogger for EPL Talk. For those proven writers, you’ll have the opportunity to review soccer books and video games as well as get press passes to matches and attend different events around the world as a member of the press (depending on where you live, of course).

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Write for EPL Talk

1. Do it, kids. This site has seriously advanced some people’s careers, and Gaffer is a really nice guy. I can’t encourage budding writers enough to give this a shot and send Gaffer an email.

• Sean says:

Not that I doubt you but, can you go into a little detail as to how it has or where it has helped people advance to?

I like seeing people succeed and it is also nice to read a success story or two.

• The Gaffer says:

The best example is Richard Farley who, through hard work, professionalism and an excellent portfolio, graduated from EPL Talk and joined FoxSoccer.com as an editor.

Kartik Krishnaiyer also earned his experience at EPL Talk and MLS Talk (through writing, podcasts and developing his network) and later became head of communications for the NASL.

We’ve also had several other writers who went on to join GolTV, Soccer By Ives and other well-known sites.

2. Guy says:

I second Kevin’s thoughts, even if you’re not a budding writer. At my point in life I’m not a budding anything, but I do get ideas about the game running around my head every now and then. I have zero experience as a writer, but The Gaffer has been kind enough to publish eleven of my rambling thoughts in the last year.

Your article could be tactical, emotional, wondering, discovering, whatever. All he requires is a clear sense of purpose and some skill in expressing it.

Personally, as I have said before, I wish you guys across the pond would write articles more often. I can’t be there, but you are. That’s hard to beat.

btw, it helps to have a thick skin because at some point someone is going to tell you how stupid you are. If you have a wife then it’s no problem. You’re already broken in. ;-)

• Sean says:

“it helps to have a thick skin because at some point someone is going to tell you how stupid you are. If you have a wife then it’s no problem. You’re already broken in.”

Bahahahaha!

3. Chowie says:

For games in the south (and west) I would be happy to represent this great site. The only trouble being, there is no EPL sides :) If an EPL team is drawn up against a southern side in the cup then give me a shout. I’ve always thought a “day out experience” (with pics outside the ground etc.) rather than just match reports would work for you guys, US soccer TV does not give you that.

4. Footy mad says:

I am huge football fan and would love to have the chance to write for EPL, however, I am only 13. Would this count against me in anyway? Plus, would you be interested in a young person’s perspective on EPL talk?

5. John says:

I also would encourage female writers. I may be wrong but all of the writing here is by males. It would be a change to have a different perspective on some issues.

Something else I’d like to read is what typical supporters living in England feel about issues concerning their club. Maybe EPL Talk can invite a supporter in England from each EPL club to write an article or two during the season about their club.

• The Gaffer says:

We’ve had a few female writers pen articles for EPL Talk and our sister sites. But I would definitely love to have more contributing.

From time to time, we have writers from England sharing their stories of what it’s like to go see their local club. If there are any others out there interested in writing, please contact me at thegaffer[at]epltalk[dot]com

6. MUFCforlife says:

Just would like to say its been an absolute pleasure writing for this website. I saw this article and was inspired to start up a new hobby which I fully embrace now. It’s extremely easy to get your work published and nothing is better then getting your message across. EPLTalk is just the venue to make your voice heard by the masses.