Powered by
bra0
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Top 10 Favorite Soccer Blogs

On a daily basis, I read over 20 different soccer blogs from around the world to stay on top of the English game. Here are my top 10 favorites:

1. Bobby McMahon’s Blog – Light on quantity, full of quality. Who doesn’t love Bobby?
  2. The Offside – Dependable, daily and would be number one if Bob was still around.
  3. Du Nord – Very U.S. centered but many links of wisdom to stories about English game.
  4. Pitch Invasion – Visually stunning and unique stories.
  5. Maple Lions – A gem in the rough.
  6. Hudsonia – Audio clips and poetry from Ray Hudson.
  7. Some People Are On The Pitch – Aesthetically pleasing and interesting analysis.
  8. Soccerlens – A good source aggregating some of the better football related stories.
  9. Squadgod – Fantasy football tips and recommended reading, plus refreshing design.
  10. Odds and Sods – Haikus, rants and inciteful observations from BillEShears.

What soccer blogs are your favorites and why?

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Top 10 Favorite Soccer Blogs

1. Anonymous says:

Inciteful? lol

1. Who ate all the Pies
    2. Reuters Soccer Blog
    3. The Football Tragic

TT

2. ossie's dream says:

101 Great Goals has become indispensable to this ex pat!

3. The Scout says:

Maple Lions?? Sorry but nothing has been posted there since Jan 07! :)

4. Anonymous says:

DuNord? What an Yank centric blog. I wouldn’t touch that rag. That blog doesn’t focus at all on English Football, the only true passionate, quality game around.

5. Liverpool John says:

I certainly like Kartik’s blog but don’t like the fact that he gave up the blogspot site for an affiliation with the 2Gs. That having been said he defends his pro-American jingoism well on the site and is a good fit for those wankers on the 2Gs who are as hyper sensitive as he is about American Football. When he posts some of that rubbish here at EPL Talk I always call him out on it as I am sure you have noticed.

My favorite English Footy blog is this one and the Guardian. My least favorite is anything associated with Steven Cohen and his liverpool baiting and hating self. We’ve won five. How many has Cheski won?

6. MJ says:

Liverpool John, how many times has Liverpool won the Premier League in the last 18 years? Zero. How many times has Chelsea won the PL in the last three years. Two. Thank you very much.

It’s tougher to win the PL because you have to play 38 games, whereas in the CL teams play 6 in the group (but even then only 2 of those are usually tough), then have to just score more goals over two legs for 6 more games (Round of 16, 8, and 4), then win one one-off game for a toal of 13 matches.

7. Liverpool John says:

Great, that means Cheski has won 2 titles in the past 53 years! Even Forrest has more than that!

8. MJ says:

Right, but you seemingly don’t understand that it’s a “what have you done for me lately” business, and for all of Liverpool’s history and their success and for the relative lack of Chelsea’s past success, the fact is that Chelsea have won more than Liverpool recently and that’s what people care about.

As thescout said, not sure how you can put Maple Lions at #5 when nothing’s been posted there for a more than a year. Surely there are better blogs out there; why are you grasping at straws?

9. Anonymous says:

Good point MJ. That’s why Rafa and his rotation needs to go. It chokes team chemistry for the long 38 game PL season. Bring back Houllier! No wait, maybe we can go after Rjkjard, Van Basten or Guillit. I’d love to have a Dutch manager playing “total football” with the Reds!

10. dave says:

SPAOTP is one of my favourite while I enjoy this site to get the US perspective.

I like a bet (shame on me!) so I find the betting at Betfair blog pretty helpful…and ocasionally funny.

11. I love pitchinvasion.net for me this is the ‘complete’ football blog, with stunning images and unique football stories, I vsit this site often.