WED, 3PM ET
SAT, 10AM ET
STO
LEI
SAT, 10AM ET
SUN
TOT

chelsea bus WATCH Jose Mourinhos Post Match Interview After 3 1 Loss to Atletico Madrid [VIDEO]

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is never short for words, and The Special One was particularly talkative in his post-match interview after Chelsea were knocked out of the UEFA Champions in a 3-1 defeat against Atletico Madrid at Stamford Bridge.

And for once, in a long time, he was humble and congratulatory (sincerely) to the opposition.

Surprisingly, Geoff Shreeves from Sky Sports didn’t ask Mourinho whether his negative tactics in starting six defenders against Atleti had an impact on the result of the match.

With the loss to Atleti, Mourinho now turns his attention back to the Premier League with this weekend’s match against Norwich. Jose may have lost the UEFA Champions League opportunity, but his team still has a chance to win the Premier League.

Watch the video here:

For mobile viewers, click on this link to view it in a new window.

This entry was posted in Chelsea, Jose Mourinho, Leagues: Champions League, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to WATCH Jose Mourinho’s Post-Match Interview After 3-1 Loss to Atletico Madrid [VIDEO]

1. R.O says:

Hey Alex, the picture you used for this article, I feel is in poor taste. Showing a bus that was severally damaged, poor poor taste. Don’t know if people were hurt in that but not a good reference to Chelsea’s tactics or loss. I feel you could have found some better. Just my opinion.

• Jake says:

Just pathetic to be honest and very bitter.
      Accuse him of lacking class and they all do the same.
      Alex he started 6 defenders yes but how were they negative?
      Did you watch the game at all or just saw thr lineup and assumed it was negative?
      They scored first, had better chances, and lost due to poor individual errors?
      In no way did they Park the bus the game was even and it turned towards the penalty.
      “And once in a long time he was humble and congratulatory towards the opposition”.
      Pick the few press conferences where he actsclassless and judge him on those out of 50+ ones that he does a year.
      Be bi-partisan in your analysis. It’s just annoying always reading something negative.It’s not like this was an opinion piece or a comment.

• Eddie says:

Sounds like somebody has a man-crush.

• R.O says:

Jake,

First i did not accuse Alex “of lack of class” I said using that picture was in poor taste. big difference.

The picture has nothing to do with the tactics of the game, I just feel using a picture of a bus that appears to have been in a serve accident, wasn’t in good taste.

My opinion and view.

• Jake says:

I was agreeing with you R.O.
          No I don’t. I just don’t get the over the top reactions towards Jose and to a lesser extent Pep.
          The brief article above sounds bitter in its tone. I’m not a Chelsea fan at all. I just don’t get why people are so angry because he parks the bus and wins. I thought everyone hated United the most but I think I may be wrong.
          It’s supposed to be an objective article from a neutral point of view but it’s written by someone who is a bitter fan.
          I state facts and logical reasons in my arguments but a lot of the the reasons are against Jose make no sense. He’s lost 4 straight semis so what? How is that a failure?
          Some managers don’t even make it make it to the UCL semis once much less 4 times.
          Fergie made it to the final 4 times won 4/7 semis in 20 years of UCL play does that make him a loser?
          Keep your petty jibes and taunts.

2. ayodeji says:

what is wrong with those buses?i guess they have loopholes.morinho about to go trophiless again.its a pitty;(;(

3. CTBlues says:

I think the only mistake Jose made was starting Cole instead of Schürrle. I really don’t see Cole coming back next season.

4. Kyle says:

It showed that the ‘bus conductor’ looked weary and overly defensive. Perhaps he’s been overworked recently due to the tube strike.

5. Remy says:

Thank goodness. It won’t be a boring Champions League final now that Jose Bourinho and his park-the-bus tactics won’t be in it.

6. CassanovaFrankenstein says:

Architect of Failure

• Jake says:

2 Time Champions league winner. He’s one of three active managers to have the most UEFA Champions League titles and has made 8/10 Semifinals. He has also won a treble in the process. He went unbeaten against the top 4 in the prem and took 16/18 points with the only blemish a draw against Arsenal. I guess in a weird way that he is a failure but hey if that’s a failure then I guess every manager in the world is.
      I wish he’d managed my team so he could he “fail” some more.

• CassanovaFrankenstein says:

Architect. Of. Failure.

• Jake says:

Can you explain why?
          I made my point but I’d like to know how he’s a failure. The stats say otherwise.

• siddharth dhruva says:

I am a Jose fan, I like his all over tactics, even parking the bus is fun for me to watch as how the rivals get frustrated. But the only annoying thing he did ever was ruining madrid, no matter how madrid players are arrogant and want glamour more than anythn.. He could have made the difference like ancelotti, making them inspire rather than critisizing.. He had the best but yet couldn’t take out best from them.. And what horrible back-room fights and ego with casillas, ramos and ronaldo.. That portrayed his overall personality to be negative.

• Jake says:

Ancellotti has Isco, Bale, Carvajal, Casemiro, and Modric is settled in now.
            He has a better team than Jose and Michael Cox has also pointed out that they still use his template with their ferocious counter attacks.
            To be fair Diego Lopez played better than Jose when he came in. He was great last year.

7. Smokey Bacon says:

Bring back Di Matteo!

• Flyvanescence says:

Yeah cuz Di Matteo totally played free-flowing, attacking football.

• Smokey Bacon says:

Compared to Mourinho he did.

• Flyvanescence says:

Meant to attach a smiley thingy to show that i was joking. Not much difference for me.

I did thoroughly enjoy watching Di Matteo’s Chelsea put Barça in their place in 2012

• insert name here says:

and everyone enjoyed Atletico putting Chelzzzzz in their place in 2014… !!! and -unlike Chelzzz in 2012- Atletico were by far the better side too !!

• yespage says:

But he wasn’t a arrogant, manipulative jerk. I have nothing against Chelsea per se… it’s Mourinho. I could easily enjoy watch a DiMatteo led squad. Of course, he only won the Champions League, so he needed to be fired.

8. insert name here says:

What a great game of football. Atletico battered & bullied Chelzzz. They could do everything defensive that Chelzzz could do, they could out muscle them if needed, out time waste them etc but they could also do so much more with the ball then Chelzzz could. They played some quality football… Footballs great again !!! Great to see the team that tried the most to win it, win it and to do it away from home aswell and with such power and style and with a squad that cost so so so much less than their financially doped opposition.. Great result for football tonight & I think most fans -bar Chelzzz ones- will be delighted with it.. Mourinho needed to be brought down a peg or two and you could see he was humbled at the end. This season he may end up been a “specialist in failure” afterall….Anyway Fantastic result. Now come on Atletico, please please win the final and Id be happy for them if they won the league too.. Great to see. Super performance. The third goal was brilliant.

9. Smokey Bacon says:

Where are our resident Chelsea trolls this evening? Were they riding on that bus?

10. Brian says:

Any team that plays with 6 defenders at home in a must-win game deserves to lose. It’s not as if Chelsea don’t have the talent to play non-defensively. Parking the bus in response to going down to 10 men or against superior opponents can be justified, but not when you have the talent in the squad Chelsea have.

11. Arsenal Till I Die says:

Balotelli was driving the bus…

12. Soaring eagle says:

Hahaha, ‘Mourinho specialist in failure

13. Jim says:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

That’s what you get for playing anti-football. Thank goodness Atletico have a better manager than Liverpool.

14. Ken says:

It’s funny all the bitterness from fans of teams that either can’t get in the Champions League or teams that fail year after year when they do.

The use of the picture is clearly extremely bad taste.

It’s pretty clear that many of you never watched Real or Atletico play much because you have zero idea how they play.

Let the haters hate and JM will keep on picking up titles and cups of that there is no doubt.
    Add the trophies Wenger has won in the last 9 years to what JM has won….only one specialist in failure there.

• Clampdown says:

“… picking up titles and cups”

Not this year, despite all that money spent and the “genius” Mourinho.

I do like Hazard, though. Maybe he can go play for a manager that appreciates and develops creative players.

• Jake says:

I’m pretty sure Jose hasn’t spent that much since coming back. Matic and Salah were bought with the Mata money so Chelsea made a surplus and add the other 17 million pounds they got for the De Bruyne sale and that covers the Scheurlle purchase which was for 14 million. He’s made astute signings since coming in as Chelsea boss and the net spend of Chelsea this season is significantly lower than that of Arsenal, United, City, and definitely Spurs.
        They’re the only English side in the semi finals. Bayern tore apart all the other English sides Arsenal z United and City but they needed a last gap equalizer in the 120th minute of extra time to beat Chelsea in the Super Cup to win on penalties Chelsea lost to this same Atletixo side 4-0 in the previous year’s Super Cup.
        Are you talking about the worth of the squad Clamp?

• Clampdown says:

Yeah, not just his purchases, the value of the whole squad (salaries, etc.) … and I agree he has made nice pickups. I’m just doing a little winding up.

• Smokey Bacon says:

From a guy who routinely dishes it out to supporters of other teams on here to accuse others of being bitter……too funny.

15. scott. says:

Quote of the year from Eden Hazard: “Chelsea is not made to play football.” Chelsea top player admitting Mou plays anti-football.

• CTBlues says:

I was waiting for someone to dig that one out.

• Clampdown says:

“He’s not the kind of player to sacrifice himself for the team…Eden is the kind of player that is not so mentally ready to look back to his left-back and to leave his life for him.” (quote from Mourinho)

Eden, you’re going to love Paris.

16. Chelsea Ren says:

I was born to a very poor family, but didn’t take long to realize that there’s a lot of fools on this earth who are just sitting around waiting to be taken advantage of. Thank you for my life style and keep posting crap as Im thoroughly entertained by your ignorance. Stay stupid my friends, my children want your money too.

17. Ianor says:

Totally unrespectful and unprofessional act by world soccer. That ugly picture doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in this great football club. The only english club that made proud for the english football and performed magnificently in europe in the last decade, seven champions league semi finals two finals,europa league holders. Do they deserve this? It’s really shame for world soccer to associate such a bad picture to this club and i would be more surprised if the chief editor chris don’t apologize it.

18. Adj Nahal says: