The 2014 MLS Super Draft kicks off today in Philadelphia as club officials and prospective players from around the country converge on the NSCAA Convention.
For viewers in the United States, you can watch the MLS Super Draft live on ESPNEWS beginning at Noon ET, as well as online live at WatchESPN.com. Coverage of the Draft begins at Noon and ends at 3pm ET.
In changes from last year’s Draft, this year MLS has expanded it from two rounds to four rounds. Plus the Supplemental Draft, which was typically held one week after the Draft, has been eliminated.
The MLS SuperDraft selection order is as follows:
1. The nine clubs which do not qualify for the playoffs receive picks #1 through #9 (in reverse order of season points);
2. The two clubs eliminated in the Knockout round of playoffs receive picks #10 and #11 (in reverse order of season points);
3. The four clubs eliminated in the Conference Semifinals receive picks #12 through #15 (in reverse order of season points);
4. The two clubs eliminated in the Conference Finals receive picks #16 and #17 (in reverse order of season points);
5. The club which loses 2013 MLS Cup receives pick #18;
6. The club which wins 2013 MLS Cup receives pick #19.
For more MLS news, analysis and opinion, visit the Major League Soccer page.