THURS, 1PM ET
VIL
ZUR
THURS, 3PM ET
MON
APO

Arsenal May Play Friendly in Boston During Summer 2014, Says Report

arsenal america Arsenal May Play Friendly in Boston During Summer 2014, Says Report

Arsenal are finalizing a friendly to be played in the United States for Summer 2014, according to a report by Arsenal Insider. Boston has been identified as the city where Arsenal would like to play, which will represent the first time in 25 years that Arsenal FC have set foot on US soil.

The source revealed that:

“The club are fully aware that commercially America has been largely untapped and that taking the brand to the US is critical to the club’s ongoing development.

“There are already a number of well-established Arsenal supporters clubs in America but the market there is huge and as a business decision going there makes perfect sense.

“Through our visits over recent years the club has established and maintained fantastic support in the Far East and are always ready to explore commercial links in Asia.

“But it now looks unlikely that the team will visit Asia again this summer with focus on America – and Boston in particular – while there is also a consideration being given to Austria.”

Arsenal have a massive fan base in the United States, and supporters have continually been frustrated by the club’s decisions in the past to schedule friendlies in Asia and Africa, while completing ignoring the United States of America. At the same time, the majority of Premier League clubs have played on US shores — everyone from Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Norwich, Swansea, Everton, Newcastle, Stoke, Tottenham, Aston Villa, West Ham United and Stoke. In fact, almost every Premier League club has played in the US in the past 10 years, including some who are no longer in the division such as Bolton, Burnley and Wigan, among others.

The World Cup is being played from June 12 to July 13 in the summer, while the first kick-off match of the new season is August 16. It’s most likely that Arsenal would play in Boston either in the last week of July or the first week in August. And due to the World Cup as well as possible training in Austria, Arsene Wenger’s side may only have enough time to play one game Stateside before they head back to Europe.

Ok, Arsenal fans (and soccer fans)… who’s definitely going to try to buy tickets to see Arsenal if and when they play in Boston next summer? If so, tell us in the comments section below and where you’ll be traveling from to see the Gunners in person.

Editor’s note: Gunners fans, read the latest news, analysis and opinion about your favorite club on the Arsenal team page.

This entry was posted in Arsenal, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Arsenal May Play Friendly in Boston During Summer 2014, Says Report

1. steve says:

Please let it be true, i have been dying to see them come to the US. I will buy multiple tickets as soon as they go on sale.

2. Chris Stagliola says:

Seriously. I have begged, hoped and dreamed of Arsenal to come to the US, and you are telling me they might come to MY CITY?! Almost too much to believe! Let’s hope its true!

3. Jonathan says:

I’ll buy tickets immediately. I live an hour outside of Boston, so this would be the most exciting football news I’ve heard in a while.

4. Milhouse says:

Assuming that they play at Gillette, I’ll be travelling from about two and a half miles southeast of the stadium parking lot.

5. Efrain says:

Great news, hope it works out. I’m there! Driving from Springfield, MA.

6. Ivan says:

I live in Puerto Rico and I am a HUGE Arsenal supporter! I’ll be there! As soon as they give more information about dates and tickets, I’ll buy my airplane tickets to be there. This would be great! It is about time they come to the USA!

7. Los says:

My family and I live in New Mexico. Yes, the State. We are Red members and try to travel to UK once a year to see the Arsenal. This would cut the cost in half; we would buy tickets and arrange travel as soon as available. Also, it would be my daughter’s 1st match, 3 would-be 4!

8. EPLNFL says:

Great for Gunner fans in the USA. Another sign that the US audience really counts to the EPL.

9. jonathan says:

definitely buying tickets. I live in Indiana but would be well worth the trip to see my Arsenal FC. I hope this goes through!

10. Mark Williamson says:

Live half hour from Boston. This would be a dream come true.

11. gunnergrrl says:

I live near Toronto and would just about die if they made it here (and mortgage my home for tickets if need be), but I know there would be a HUGE T.O. contingent making the trek to Beantown if they couldn’t.

12. np says:

Hopefully this is true and they make it stateside this summer.
    Given that this will be after the world cup many players will be missing but i will go regardless of the squad that comes over.

13. Barry Goldman says:

My son just loves the team, when will ticket be available? We will be coming from Palm Beach, FL.

• Christopher Harris says:

Nothing official has been announced yet, so no tickets are on sale. But keep on coming back to World Soccer Talk and we’ll post a new article when tickets become available.

14. jonathan says:

yeah i will definitely be going. i would probably end up buying at least 4 tickets, and traveling from kentucky. i have traveled from kentucky to london to see my gunners, so going to boston is not a problem.

15. ace says:

come to california!!!!

16. aswin says:

I will be flying from Houston. I can there with the rocket from the NASA. In Wenger we trust.

17. MRP says:

I’ll be coming in from Denver should they go on-sale and I can get tickets.

18. Michelle says:

I would definitely by a ticket to see Arsneal in Boston. I live in CT and my boyfriend is a HUGE fan!

19. JH says:

We will definitely be there. My boyfriend is a HUGE Arsenal fan. Can’t wait.

20. Meron says:

That would be Amazing!

21. I love it whenever people come together and share thoughts.

Great website, continue the good work!