SUN, 8:30AM ET
VIL
ALM
SUN, 8:30PM ET
LAG
SEA

DishWorld Product Review; Watch beIN SPORT Online Without TV Subscription

soccer games dishworld 600x355 DishWorld Product Review; Watch beIN SPORT Online Without TV Subscription

For soccer fans in the United States, live streaming of beIN SPORT is now available for $10/month via a new service named DishWorld.

I had a chance to test drive the service this weekend, and here’s how it works. DishWorld, not to be confused with DISH Network although they’re part of the same company (you don’t have to be a DISH subscriber in order to use DishWorld), and not to be confused with beIN SPORT Play (they’re completely different products), is a live streaming service that features sports and international channels that you can watch on your TV, phone or Roku device.

Once you sign up for the DishWorld Sports package via the DishWorld website (no contracts required; $10/month), setup takes a few minutes. You download an app via their website (the app is available for PC, Mac, Android tablet or phone, iPad, iPhone, iOS, Roku and Samsung TV or Samsung Blu-Ray devices).

Then you log in (see screenshot below) with the username and password you created when you signed up for the service, and you’re in.

dishworld login page 600x346 DishWorld Product Review; Watch beIN SPORT Online Without TV Subscription

The interface is easy to use and not overwhelming. And the streaming quality when I used the app was superb. No buffering. No pixelation. Just very high quality video and audio.

There’s also a “Watchlist” feature if you want to mark certain programming for viewing at a later date.

A brilliant feature is that you can go back through the TV guide for the last 8 days to play any of the programming you may have missed, or want to watch again.

Another neat feature is that when you join programming that has already started, you can select to either watch it from the beginning or join it live in progress (see screenshot below).

dishworld options DishWorld Product Review; Watch beIN SPORT Online Without TV Subscription

With the Sports package, you can watch programming from any of the following channels: beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol, One World Sports, Universal Sports (which offers rugby, cycling and other sports) and the Nautical Channel. With One World Sports, you can watch Arsenal TV, Chelsea TV and Bayern Munich TV.

With your Sports package subscription, you also have access (at no additional cost) to movies and English-speaking international channels. With the way the dashboard is designed, you can watch live programming (see below) on the left screen, while browsing through what other content is available in the right window.

Or you can focus on the game you’re watching by closing the right window pane, or you can view the match via full-screen.

dishworld dashboard 600x328 DishWorld Product Review; Watch beIN SPORT Online Without TV Subscription

DishWorld fills a void for two completely different types of customers: (1) for soccer fans who unable to subscribe to beIN SPORT because their TV provider doesn’t offer it (COX, Charter, etc), and (2) for cordcutters, who want to free themselves from a TV contract but are interested in a streaming only package.

With a 30-day subscription to DishWorld, you can select from a ton of games via beIN SPORT.

Check out DishWorld today for more information. And when you’re ready to sign up, visit this page.

beIN SPORT has the exclusive rights to La Liga, Serie A, Ligue Un, Africa World Cup qualifiers, Copa America 2015, Championship, League Cup, Coppa Italia, Copa del Rey and more. One World Sports has the rights to Chelsea TV, Arsenal TV, Bayern Munich TV, NASL, J-League and more.

DishWorld is only available to residents of the United States.

Listen to our interview with DishWorld to learn more about the service.

82 Responses to DishWorld Product Review; Watch beIN SPORT Online Without TV Subscription

1. Gary says:

Thank you gaffer. This is great.

I just saw this service the other day but was under the impression you had to subscribe to one of their foreign language channels (like Arabic, Hindi, urdu, Chinese, etc)to get the sports tier for free. Great that you can get just the sports package for $10. I’ll definitely be signing up to see how good it is. Great news for us soccer junkies who don’t get beIn.

2. Flyvanescence says:

Do the games have to b watched live?
    Im rarely home from work in time to watch weekday games and theres only certain times during the weekend that i can watch stuff too so to be able to watch replays would be nice.

Great news by the way.

3. R.O says:

Now if goltv would offer the same thing to watch Bundesliga.

4. Van Gerwen says:

Sponsored post?

• Christopher Harris says:

No. But, for full disclosure, World Soccer Talk receives a small commission for each signup. We don’t often endorse products, but this is one that works very well and provides a valuable service to soccer fans who don’t otherwise have access to beIN SPORT.

5. Frill Artist says:

So you can watch LA Liga now?

6. Philswin08 says:

Is it available on iPad or iPhone?

• Christopher Harris says:

Correct. It’s currently available on the Mac, but not on iPhone or iPad. But it is available on Android devices.

7. BlueCitizen says:

So is this feature only with what is actually aired on the BeInSport Channel? Do you have access to all of the live games on BeInSport Play?

My cable provider currently only has FSC (UEFA), NBCS (EPL), and Gol (Bundesliga). Until a service like Roku can stream all EPL games live (City fan), I can’t quit cable. I’ve heard rumors of NBC sports talking with Roku, but we’ll see where it goes.

• Christopher Harris says:

Good question. All of the content shown on beIN SPORT and beIN SPORT Espanol (as well as One Sports World) is available on DishWorld, but that doesn’t include beIN SPORT Play content.

• Daniel says:

Sorry just to clarify — I understand that you cannot see beinsportplay content on dishworld itself, but does subscribing to BeIN through dishworld grant you credentials to watch beinsportplay.tv content on the web? I note that Dish is one of the few carriers which authenticates users on beinsportplay.tv.

8. Tony Butterworth says:

The guy who sits next to me at work has this and he let me use it for the recent Man Utd v Liverpool Carling. It’s an excellent service but not enough content I am interested in for me to pay.

9. Gabriel Fleming says:

This would be a great fit for Goltv as so many providers have dropped it( doubt it will happen as history has shown that Bein and Goltv do not not seem to co-exist on any viewing platform (suspect we have Bein to thank for this).

10. Gabriel Fleming says:

Chris, think Bein Espanol has English SAP on some systems, would you please check to see if this option exists on Dishworld?-having La Liga and Adelante games in English would be worth 10 a month for me.

• Christopher Harris says:

They have beIN SPORT in English-language, as well as beIN SPORT en Espanol.

I checked anyway, but there’s no SAP, just CC. But like I said, they have games commentated and announced in English on beIN SPORT — the main network.

• Manny says:

Chris, I don’t know if I looked right, but on both, roku channel and android app, I can see only bein sport 1. The advertised bein sport espanol is missing.n

• Christopher Harris says:

Manny, I checked into it. beIN SPORT Espanol is definitely available on Roku and Android devices, as well as the other devices listed. But the channel is off-air a lot and only shows games for a few hours a day, but beIN SPORT Espanol is there, I verified.

11. yespage says:

I wish they’d add NBC Sports to this. Even at $10 more a month, I could cut the cord.

• Len F says:

Sports is really the last barrier for many to cut the chord but the unfortunate truth is that it is against the better financial interest for most sports networks to offer stand-alone internet access to customers. Doing so would kill their golden goose that is bundled pay tv packages.

12. Gabriel Fleming says:

Think I figured out why earlier poster was having issue with Espanol. Bein sport and Bein Espanol are 2 seperate channels (Espanol shows a lot more La Liga and also some Adelante matches), however it seems that Dish does not offer the Espanol channel, what they do have on a seperate channel is Bein Sport set to Spanish via Sap that only broadcasts during live events. Therefore if you’re like me and only have Bein Sport via TV, this will not get you the additional La Liga matches.

• andres says:

I think this answers my question. The dishworld “espanol” channel is not the REAL channel from beinsports.tv.

The dishworld option is just an alternate channel where randomly something is broadcast.

• Christopher Harris says:

That’s incorrect. DishWorld broadcasts beIN SPORTS Espanol, which is a HD feed of the same thing that beIN SPORTS Espanol shows.

beIN Sports Play is something entirely different, not available on DishWorld, and only available via limited TV providers.

13. john cavanagh says:

Chris, can you use your influence with the folks at DishWorld to get Dishnetwork to show Premier League Extra Time ?

• Christopher Harris says:

I can certainly recommend that they encourage their superiors to make it happen, but I can’t promise it’ll result in anything. Doesn’t hurt for me to try though.

14. Hans says:

Hi Gaffer, you are a life saver, without your sport package link, I would have paid $15 instead of only $10.

Cablecutter.

15. Jim says:

Is it possible to use a DishWorld username and password to log into NBCSN live streaming, or is that limited to just Dish?

16. poryorick says:

Yeah, I notice that you don’t make mention of the quality of the One World Sports stream which is running at about 480p…better than the pirate streams online, but still pretty terrible for viewing on a big screen with Roku. Any idea when OWS might have an HD stream?

• Christopher Harris says:

I didn’t neglect to include that information on purpose. I don’t own a Roku, so I wasn’t able to test DishWorld on that. I’ll check to see if I can find out when a HD stream will be available.

• Christopher Harris says:

Poryorick, a HD stream of One World Sports should be available in the next month or so according to DishWorld.

17. goisles01 says:

is this serviced billed monthly or do you have to pay for months in advance?

18. Darshan Bhojani says:

Sounds like a great service. However, can you confirm what would happen if there are concurrent La Liga matches broadcast live? Would it follow the TV schedule on its website or give us options to choose which match we want to see. According to current TV schedule for La Liga on beIN sports website for this weekend, they have not yet mentioned any particular matches but just reserved time slots. Real Madrid plays at 10:00 AM EST on saturday, and there is no time slot for a live sports event that matches with it. So does that mean that I won’t be able to watch the Real Madrid match this weekend despite having subscription to beIN sports?

• Christopher Harris says:

If there are concurrent La Liga games on, for example one on beIN SPORT and another one on beIN SPORT Espanol, then you could select between either game. Or switch back and forth as you like.

DishWorld will show whatever beIN SPORT and beIN SPORT Espanol shows on television (as well as One World Sports and the other channels it makes available).

19. Daniel says:

I’m a chelsea fan in the states, so do i get to watch all of the chelsea matches with this service? or do i need nbc sports for that?

• Christopher Harris says:

NBC Sports is what you need for that. But if you want to watch more coverage of Chelsea (interviews, and other exclusive footage), you can get Chelsea TV via DishWorld (on their One World Sports channel) which provides that.

20. Tony Butterworth says:

Why is this story showing up as new ?

21. bizzaro pizzaro says:

What sucks about this service is that the streams can be behind by several minutes. Worse than some illegal streams.

• Christopher Harris says:

The streams were only 30 seconds off for me. But a lot of it depends on Internet connectivity, processing power on your computer, etc.

The quality is far better than illegal streams. Plus, it’s Malware free unlike some illegal streams.

22. margaret says:

Could you please tell me what “premiere” means next to the listing on beIN Sport. It will either read “Live” or “premiere” Wanted to watch Milan and while it was listed I could not access it. I am using the 48 hour trial of Dishworld sports.
    Thanks.

23. Jorge says:

what about real madrid and barcelona games? are they all in bein sport?

• Christopher Harris says:

If you live in the United States, all of the La Liga games (including Real Madrid and Barcelona) are shown on beIN SPORT and/or beIN SPORT Espanol, so with a subscription to DishWorld you can see all of their games.

24. jorge villeda says:

Am a Manchester United fan and i would like to know if i can watch those game in dishworld before i subscribe

• Christopher Harris says:

DishWorld shows games from beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and One World Sports, so the only United games it would show are Capital One Cup games that are shown on beIN SPORT.

25. jorge says:

nobody has mentioned anything about
    World cup 2014 ?
    if I subscribe for this service will they televise any of the world cup soccer games ?

26. Jim says:

IS there a service like this for Canada? Please HELP!

27. thu nguyen says:

Thanks Chris
    I have something need to be clarified.

1. Can I watch on multiple platforms? I have a Samsung Smart TV which has the Dishworld app, but can I watch on both TV and my laptop with one subscription? Of course at different timing.

2. How much bandwidth does one typical match on beIN Sport use? I see it is on 720p. Does it cost much bandwidth?

3. If there are multiple matches at the same time, do I have option to choose which one to watch or just what beIN Sport is showing? I am an Inter Milan fan and I watch mostly SerieA games, and other leagues’ big names. I don’t want to miss any Inter Milan match.

4. Meanwhile, my brother is a Chelsea fan. I see One World Sports has Chelsea TV, does it have all the live Chelsea matches? Is there any chance what we can watch both a live EPL match and a live SerieA match if they are at the same time?

• Christopher Harris says:

thu nguyen, here are the answers to your questions:

1) You need to get the family plan at checkout for extra streams. 3 max.
      1 stream free, 2 streams = $5/mo, 3 streams = $10/month.

If someone already has a subscription, they need to call customer service to add more streams.

2) Assuming a two hour soccer match, we’re looking at between 170 MB and 3 GB.

If you use the bandwidth limiting settings in the application, it’s 450 MB for a 500kbps stream, 900 MB for a 1 Mbps stream, 1.35 GB for a 1.5 Mbps stream, etc. BEIN1HD caps out at 3.6 Mbps.

3) You can only watch what beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and One World Sports is showing.

4) It has Chelsea matches on delay, not live.

28. Alex Williams says:

so, i’m sure I am far behind the times here, but i wanted to confirm that bein sports, through roku/dishworld, will NOT play EPL games?

• Christopher Harris says:

Correct. DishWorld does show One World Sports, though, which shows Chelsea TV and Arsenal TV (games are shown on delay a couple of days after the match).

29. ray says:

I just got dishworld. I like it so far. I just saw the almeria vs levante live. You get BEIN espanyol and BEIN SPORT ENGLISH.

30. Robin Garr says:

I am still unclear: Will World Cup 2014 be available on DishWorld? English or Spanish, I’m happy either way; as a cable cutter, ESPN and Univision are not available to me.

• Christopher Harris says:

If you live in the United States, the only two networks that have rights to show the World Cup are ESPN and Univision, so no DishWorld will not be carrying it.

31. Yaman says:

do this subscription include arabic Bein sports channels ?

32. blaise says:

can you watch world cup on this service

• Christopher Harris says:

You can watch World Cup highlights and a nightly review show at 10pm ET on beIN SPORTS via DishWorld.

33. mohammed says:

it`s bad . because it is avaliable just in united states

34. Mario says:

I subscribed but when I try to install the app in Windows 7 it gives this error: “Error Applying transforms”…do you use it in Windows 7?? Thanks.

35. andres says:

Does the programming schedule for both beIN sports and beIN sports Espanol match the schedule of beinsports.tv? On dishworld when I sign up, the beIN sports Espanol does not have any programming .

36. Martin says:

I just signed up for Dish World. Everything is good so far except Bein Espanol is not HD which is very disappointing.

• Christopher Harris says:

It’s a live feed from the beIN SPORTS Espanol TV network. Unfortunately beIN SPORTS Espanol is not in HD yet.

• Martin says:

Thanks for the answer. It’d be great if you can inquire if it’s going to be presented in HD at some point. I absolutely love the 8-Day Replay auto-records feature but I can’t choose any of the Bein Espanol programming from last week. Do you know if that feature works with that channel?

• Christopher Harris says:

Unfortunately beIN SPORTS doesn’t have a PR company representing them, so it’s hard to get any information from them. But if/when beIN SPORTS adds HD for its beIN SPORTS Espanol channel, we’ll be sure to write an article about it.

Regarding the replay question, check with DishWorld at support@dishworld.com

37. gabriel fleming says:

Chris has stated repeatedly that Bein Espanyol mirrors what we get on TV(it does not-check the schedule)now I appreciate everything Chris has done for this site and would never doubt his intregrity, however The Dishworld Bein Espanyol only broadcasts part-time for live events unlike the real ‘Espanyol’ which broadcasts 24 hours per day

• Martin says:

That was certainly true over last weekend but now it seems like they are showing everything the real channel is showing. Now if only they made Espanyol HD, dishworld would be perfect.