NBC to Televise Swansea-Man United On Free-to-Air NBC On August 17: Daily Soccer Report
The opening game of the 2013-14 Premier League season on US television will feature Liverpool against Stoke City live on NBC Sports Network on Saturday, August 17.
Later that day, the match between Swansea City and Manchester United will be televised live on free-to-air NBC with the kick-off scheduled for 12:30pm ET. The match between the Swans and Red Devils will feature many firsts. It’ll be the first Premier League match of 20 that will televised on the free-to-air NBC network, bringing the league into millions of American homes. Plus, the match will be David Moyes’s first Premier League match as Manchester United manager.
If you live in the United States, find out everything you need to know about NBC’s coverage plans for the Premier League. And if you’re a Time Warner customer, you need to take action today if you want access to all of the Premier League matches for the 2013-14 season.
Be sure to bookmark World Soccer Talk’s Premier League TV schedule to stay updated on where to watch all of the EPL matches on US TV and Internet. We’ll update that page throughout the summer and the season as soon as we get updates.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Swansea sign Bony for club record fee — Premier League
- Arsenal to return with improved bid for Suarez – but hopes of signing Higuain fade — Independent
- Manchester City close to finalizing deal for Jovetic, but United will not give up — Mediaset
- Roque Santa Cruz signs three-year deal with Malaga as City clear out continues — The Mail
- Daniele De Rossi move from Roma to Chelsea ‘all-but-agreed — The Independent
- Everton sign Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu on season-long loan — The Guardian
- Sunderland sign midfielder El Hadji Ba after Le Havre exit — BBC Sport
- Nemanja Vidic misses start of Manchester United tour due to sciatica — The Guardian
- Jerome Thomas: Crystal Palace sign former West Brom winger — BBC Sport
- Michael Laudrup to target “different” striker for Swansea — This Is South Wales
- New Man City boss Manuel Pellegrini promises to entertain — BBC Sport
- Watch Manuel Pellegrini’s first press conference as Manchester City manager — The Mirror
- Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini — 101GG
- Martin Olsson and Carlo Nash agree Norwich City moves — BBC Sport
- Liverpool midfielder Suso set for Almeria loan — Sky Sports
- FOX Soccer in record number of homes in July; Distribution booming — Sports Business Journal
- Sunderland set to beat Fulham to £5m signing of Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone — Independent
- Manchester United get heroes’ welcome in Thailand — The Telegraph
- Premier League clubs urged to invest in the future to avoid spiralling debt — The Independent
- Man City reveal Barclays Asia Trophy squad list — Premier League
- Arsenal name 24-man squad for Asia Tour — Arsenal FC
- FIFA U-20 World Cup: Iraq – Uruguay — FIFA
- France beat Ghana to reach Under-20 World Cup final — ESPN FC
- Belize players claim they declined bribe to lose to the USA — Dirty Tackle
- Eintracht Braunschweig sign Norwich’s Simeon Jackson — Eintracht Braunschweig
- Nicklas Bendtner’s move to Frankfurt could be off due to Arsenal striker’s wage demands — Independent
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.