Powered by
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Clint Dempsey Transfer Listed By Tottenham, Says Report

clint dempsey 600x393 Clint Dempsey Transfer Listed By Tottenham, Says Report

American midfielder Clint Dempsey has been transfer listed by Tottenham Hotspur, according to a reports coming out of England today.

The 30-year-old US international signed for Tottenham Hotspur last summer after leaving Fulham. During the 2012-13 season, Dempsey scored 7 goals in 28 league appearances.

With Tottenham signing Paulinho, the midfield is becoming crowded at Spurs, so it’s quite possible that Spurs may try to offload the talented American to generate funds to sign a striker. But this is one of those stories that I’m leery about. I could be wrong, but I don’t see it materializing. Dempsey is staying at Tottenham until we hear otherwise.

H/T Pro Soccer Talk.

This entry was posted in Clint Dempsey, Leagues: EPL, Tottenham Hotspur. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Clint Dempsey Transfer Listed By Tottenham, Says Report

1. Quinn says:

Earlier today at work, I was thinking that Dempsey would leave Spurs because of the new players AVB is signing. Maybe Everton? Maybe Villa after Benteke is sold? Hopefully he’ll stay in the Premier League.

2. Pete Q says:

I’m sure that tool Eric Wynalda is tipping his cowboy hat to “The American”…so glad I don’t have to watch the Premier League on Fox Soccer anymore.

• Fulhamish says:

Hate to nitpick, but Rob Stone did the lame “American, Clint Dempsey” schtick. And no, I won’t miss it either.

3. S says:

Thanks for the goals clint and good luck on your journey.
    I can’t see him playing now that we have Paulinho, Siggy and Holtby pushing for places.

4. Carl says:

but most likely it will be a 4231

……………….Benteke
      Dembele……Bale………Chadli
      …….Paulinho…….Sandro
      Rose…..Vert….Kaboul……Walker
      ………………..Lorris

Either way…I cant weight for Sept 1st!

I would hope Yilmaz…he is a very underrated player and him as well as Benteke would be a treat but on the unrealistic side..
      I think we are going for Benteke but I would go for Yilamz over Benteke.

But thats why Baldini gets paid the big bucks!

5. huy says:

^^^spot on…expect parker and ekotto out

6. john says:

Is avb retarted they need dempsey

• Kagawa26 says:

What did he do besides be american? He scores two lucky tap ins against Utd and all of a sudden hes a good player

• Berneezy says:

Ever heard of positioning? The anti-American bias is sickening. He was one of the only reasons those underachieving Spurs ever had a run at 4th place, which they failed to do of course.

• Dust says:

LOL troll

• FreddyFreak says:

I have to agree with Dust and Kagawa on this. Try to look outside the fact that he is American for once.

• Berneezy says:

At the troll comment, I’m no supporter of any BPL club but I usually root for Spurs regardless. And Freddy, he was 3rd in goals scored in the league for Spurs. 3rd, behind only Bale (with 21) and Defoe (with 11). He was the closest of any other Spurs players to score double-digits. The majority of them with him coming OFF THE BENCH in the 60th-70th minute.
            Try to look outside the fact he’s American and realize that he’s talented.

• Old Gaffer says:

Quit being a major Manc tool on every article.

• Carl says:

No we do not! He offers us nothing if he ain’t scoring. No disrespect to Dempsey but he is probably one of the worse ballers I haver seen play for spurs.

What we should have done was sell Dempsey and replace him with the beast altindore.

7. K says:

Berneezy, didn’t Dempsey get 7 league goals in 29 games? 1-2 more the Siggy who rarely started. Truth of the matter is he is not good enough for spurs.

• Berneezy says:

True, but how important were each of those goals? 2 against Man U for the win and there was another that started the 3-1 comeback against City. Maybe he’s not the most talented but the guy is clutch and tenacious, something lacking on the Spurs squad. That said I wouldn’t mind seeing him move to a club that’ll actually let him play 90 minutes. Also he did get about 4 assists, not to mention the brace in the Europa that *should’ve* saved the team.

• K says:

His goals have been important and we thank him for that however if we were to bring in 2 forwards I just can’t see him playing because he doesn’t work hard enough for the team. When Siggy plays we are stronger defensively and he can also chip in with important goals. I have no doubt whatsoever had Siggy started more matches we would have won more….. Just my opinion

8. Conor Canavan says:

he is good enough to still play for a big club. everton would be a good option for him

9. Chris says:

Well, he sure as sh*t aint going back to Fulham. Thats for sure.

10. Andyb says:

Spurs game is all about pace. Dempsey has none.

11. Wongo1 says:

Did you see this on an official Spurs document or announcement? If not then why bother putting nonsense news (if you want to call it that) out there.?