SUN, 11AM ET
ARS
GAL
WED, 2:45PM ET
BAS
LFC

AT&T U-verse Adds NBC Sports Live Extra; Great News For EPL Fans

att uverse nbc sports live extra AT&T U verse Adds NBC Sports Live Extra; Great News For EPL Fans

With just 42 days to go before the 2013-14 Premier League season starts, AT&T U-verse had added NBC Sports Live Extra for its customers so they can have access to 100% of Premier League matches online, via tablets and smart phone devices.

As long as AT&T U-verse customers have an active TV subscription to NBC Sports Network, they’ll be able to login via authentication to NBC Sports Live Extra.

AT&T U-verse was added this week as one of the approved TV providers to offer NBC Sports Live Extra. Learn more information about NBC Sports Live Extra.

Currently, the following TV providers that offer their subscribers access to NBC Sports Live Extra are xFinity Comcast, Cablevision, DISH, Mediacom, Suddenlink, Verizon FiOS, WOW! and, now, AT&T U-verse.

The major TV providers who haven’t reached an agreement with NBC Sports Group yet include Time Warner, DirecTV and RCN. Out of all of the TV providers listed, the one that reportedly is the least likely to sign an agreement is Time Warner.

If you’re a Time Warner customer, here’s what you need to do to tell them that you want NBC Sports Live Extra.

Congratulations to the AT&T U-verse customers who demanded that the company offer NBC Sports Live Extra. And thank you to AT&T U-verse for listening to the demands, and taking a positive step forward.

Thanks to reader Rick Plybon for the news tip!

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, NBC. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to AT&T U-verse Adds NBC Sports Live Extra; Great News For EPL Fans

1. Jake says:

YEESSSSS!!

2. Matt says:

OH, THE HAPPY FEELS.

3. Leafsfan1967 says:

Is there any indication that DirecTV is nearing a deal?

4. osondu says:

i though nbc had deals for the olypmic app wiith all tv providers why starting all over a again with live extra,thier should just switch it

5. Dan L says:

Looks like I will be switching from Time Warner to Uverse.

6. Jovz80 says:

i have uverse internet but directv is my satellite provider. does this mean i can still access nbc sports live extra even though i don’t have uverse tv?

• Leafsfan1967 says:

Access depends on who your TV provider is, not your Internet provider. I have Comcast Internet and DirecTV so, for the moment I’m out of luck.

7. Marc says:

What about uverse getting bein sports???
    Miss my Serie A!

8. Rick says:

Great news!

9. Joseph says:

Time wanner keeps saying its not them its NBC soooo sad

• Christopher Harris says:

Joseph or anyone else, if Time Warner says “it’s not them, it’s NBC” in writing (either on social media or in an e-mail), please post it in the thread or e-mail me at thegaffer@epltalk.com. Thanks.

10. Yespage says:

More EPL for everyone. Huzzah!

11. Valdo says:

Time Warner is always slow on these deals. What options are there for people without a TV subscription?

12. mike yuhas says:

WhenI ask Directv about this – I get that they have no new update at this time instead of that they have no plans to add this feature. Sounds a little positive. Anybody have any insight?

• Leafsfan1967 says:

That’s standard DirecTV speak for we aren’t going to comment on this until we are ready. I wouldn’t read anything, either positive or negative into this.

13. frogers says:

Now we just need the NBC Sports Live Extra Android app fixed so that it doesn’t crash 30-60 seconds after it starts up. From the reviews, it appears that many users (myself included) have this problem.

14. sicariis says:

Still no support from Cox Cable, which is much larger than RCN, please add them to the list. Also COX cable requires an extra sports pack to receive NBC Sports Network just like FOX soccer.

15. Ben says:

Since the NBC extra stuff is supposedly being offered for free, can you help us understand what is causing cable companies to not carry it or not make a deal?

If its supposed to be free, what deal has to be made? What are the cable companies looking for from NBC?

• Christopher Harris says:

If it’s Premier League Extra Time, some of the TV providers may not have the channel capacity available. But if it’s NBC Sports Live Extra, there’s no excuse for TV providers to not provide it to their customers. Both Premier League Extra Time and NBC Sports Live Extra are being offered by NBC as free to TV providers. For some TV providers, it could come down to either being stubborn or playing politics. Or it may be that they simply don’t care about their customers. The excuses vary from TV provider to TV provider.

• Pat says:

Is there information you have that shows it’s free for the TV provider that we can use when we contact our TV provider?

• Christopher Harris says:

I’m sure there’s a quote somewhere on the Internet. I asked NBC Sports directly and they reassured me that there is no charge to TV providers to offer the service.

16. Aman says:

Currently I am not having any TV service provider , I used to have TWC but got rid of it because its service is not good. But will need to sign up a Tv service when new season starts , I love EPL and get Tv service just to watch that.
    So far I was sad that only Dish was forthcoming with proper coverage but good to hear U verse has agreed to provide a little more too. But was wondering if U verse would be also providing Premier league extra time?
    Would go with Dish but there you are required to sign 2 year contract but I just want to stick with 1 year or no contract. So now at least there is option of having U verse, hopefully others jump onboard too so people have options.

17. Wolf says:

Question for the experts – I’m a Uverse t.v. subscriber and have been waiting for this announcement. However, the announcement specifically mentions that “AT&T U-verse Adds NBC Sports Live Extra”.

What about the “Premier League Extra Time” channels? I don’t watch that many matches online – mostly on t.v. I want to be sure I have the overflow channels with Uverse.

Thanks

• Christopher Harris says:

None of the TV providers have announced whether they’ll be providing Premier League Extra Time yet. As soon as we have more info, we’ll let you know.

• Wolf says:

Chris – first of all, I appreciate your prompt response.

Second, do you know how NBC sports live extra will work? In other words, will there be only live match coverage or will it offer, say, on-demand match replay like Fox Soccer2Go offered?

Any insight is appreciate.

Thanks again!

• Christopher Harris says:

Everything will be shown live. We’re awaiting confirmation of whether games will be available on demand.

18. Dan L says:

I took a look on the nbc sports live extra website and it says the following
    The vast majority of live streaming content on NBC Sports Live Extra will only be available to authenticated cable, satellite and telco customers via TV Everywhere. NBC Sports Live Extra is currently available for Comcast Xfinity, Verizon Fios, Cablevision, Suddenlink, Mediacom, Bend and Grande customers. We’ll be adding more cable providers shortly, so check back soon.
    It might just have not update the info. Can someone with u verse comfirm that they now get this service. As I am very close to switching but need to be sure. Thanks.

19. Marc L says:

Some Time Warner call center drone promised me that this would be added “in July.” But I am about 99% certain that he was saying that just to make me go away.

It worked, and I am going away. All the way to FiOS!

It was very frustrating dealing with Time Warner in general, as most people I talked to did not even know what NBC Sports Live Extra even was.