Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting that Manchester City are preparing a £34million bid for AC Milan striker Stephan El Shaarawy.
The 20-year-old striker scored 16 goals in 37 appearances for Milan in 2012/2013. And according to the reports in Italy, Manchester City are keenly interested in trying to sign the centre-forward who they reportedly showed an interest in signing as early as January.
Do you think City can sign El Shaarawy to add to their other signings, Fernandinho and Jesus Navas? How much of an impact could the striker who plays for Italy have on the Premier League? Give us your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Man City prepare €40m bid for AC Milan forward Stephan El Shaarawy — 101GG
- Arsenal ready to smash records in splurge on Gonzalo Higuain, Ilkay Gundogan & Lars Bender — Mail
- Iago Aspas: ‘When I heard of Liverpool’s interest I did not hesitate even for a minute’ — The Mirror
- Phil Neville will not play at any level again as the coaching bug bites — The Telegraph
- Romelu Lukaku will play his football at Chelsea next season after Mourinho talks — Sky Sports
- Swansea will thrash out Laudrup’s future on Tuesday following his criticism — The Sun
- Jose Mourinho wants to bring Xabi Alonso to Chelsea [Sunday Telegraph] — 101GG
- Manuel Pellegrini targets £30m Angel Di Maria for Man City title challenge — The Mirror
- Florent Malouda gives classy Chelsea goodbye statement — The Mail
- David Villa’s €11m contract clause places doubt on summer move to Arsenal or Spurs — 101GG
- The inequality game – 93.27% of TV billions goes to the Premier League — The Mail
- Roberto Mancini eyes up Premier League job as he sets up base in London — The Mirror
- Manchester City won’t play many Englishman under Manuel Pellegrini — The Mail
- Spain’s coach Del Bosque juggles soccer and family life — Sun Sentinel
- A Norway fan did some knitting during their U-21 team’s win against England — Dirty Tackle
- UEFA officials left red-faced after lyric broadcasted before racism appeal at England match — The Mail
- Stuart Pearce says England deserve to exit the European u-21 Championship — BBC Sport
- Stuart Pearce feels heat over humiliation of England Under-21s — The Guardian
- O’Shea, Walters and Hoolahan withdraw from Ireland’s game with Spain — BBC Sport
- Watford release seven to leave squad of 12 — BBC Sport
- Villarreal promoted back to La Liga — BBC Sport
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.