‘Tis the season for ridiculous transfer rumors. After we reported last night that The Mirror revealed that Bayern Munich are interested in signing Wayne Rooney, The Mirror came out tonight and said that Chelsea is interested, too, and that according to a reporter for The Independent, Rooney has asked Manchester United to let him leave.
On top of all that, The Daily Mail is reporting that Cristiano Ronaldo is interested in returning to Manchester United.
Sorry folks, but I’m not believing any of these stories at this point. But if you can convince me otherwise, I’m all ears.
What do you think? Let us know if you think the transfer stories are fact or fiction in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Wayne Rooney is wanted by Chelsea as well as Bayern Munich — The Mirror
- Cristiano Ronaldo lined up for stunning return to Man United — The Mail
- Manchester United say Wayne Rooney is not for sale — BBC Sport
- Decision to call an end to Fergie’s remarkable career was made in February — The Telegraph
- Phil Neville interested in Everton job after David Moyes era — The Guardian
- Roberto Martinez tells Wigan players to forget league form ahead of FA Cup final — Independent
- Bobby Charlton claims family and health issues are the reasons behind the decision — Telegraph
- André Villas-Boas’s Tottenham still a poor relation to fantastic four — The Guardian
- Costel Pantilimon prepares to bow out from Manchester City after FA Cup final — Independent
- Everton put Swansea’s Laudrup at top of list to replace David Moyes — The Mirror
- Andre Villas-Boas left hoping for rivals to ‘slip-up’ after draw at Stamford Bridge — The Independent
- BT Sport aims to tackle Sky head on — The Guardian
- Arsenal’s fate now in their own hands — Arsenal Insider
- Rafa Benitez defends his substitutions after draw with Spurs — The Independent
- Winston Reid has been named as the 2013/14 Hammer of the Year — West Ham United
- David Bernstein: John Terry must clarify position on England retirement — The Guardian
- Action must be taken to Cardiff City players for sick promotion celebrations — This Is South Wales
- David Moyes offers continuity and prudence to Manchester United — The Guardian
- Moyes would succeed in first season according to Football Manager simulation — The Mail
- Derby County are on the brink of signing Norwich City striker Chris Martin — Sky Sports
- John Terry staying retired from England duty, says David Bernstein — The Independent
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.