Gareth Bale has become just the third man to be crowned PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year in the same season. Bale picked up the two trophies tonight in an awards ceremony, and joins Andy Gray and Cristiano Ronaldo on the proud achievement.
Meanwhile in London, the Professional Footballers’ Association named their PFA Team of the Year, which was:
De Gea (Manchester United), Zabaleta (Manchester City), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur), Baines (Everton), Hazard (Chelsea), Carrick (Manchester United), Mata (Chelsea), Bale (Tottenham Hotspur), Suarez (Liverpool), Van Persie (Manchester United)
What’s your opinion about the PFA Team of the Year and whether there are any glaring omissions or players you feel that shouldn’t have been selected? Let us know your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Gareth Bale named PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year — The Telegraph
- Paolo Di Canio: Aston Villa game Sunderland’s ‘Champions League final’ — The Guardian
- Man Utd and Liverpool fans apply to protect grounds — When Saturday Comes
- Frank Lampard moves to within one of Bobby Tambling’s Chelsea goalscoring record — The Mail
- Chris Hughton tries to calm Norwich nerves ahead of Aston Villa game — The Guardian
- Steven Taylor compares Newcastle 6-goal thrashing by Liverpool to death in the family — The Mail
- Newcastle manager Alan Pardew says his future is out of his hands — The Guardian
- Paul Scholes will stay at Manchester United next season says Sir Alex Ferguson — The Mail
- Arsène Wenger’s men plagued by a consistency conundrum says Michael Cox — The Guardian
- Reading and Queens Park Rangers relegated — The Mail
- VIDEO: We killed each other off – Harry Redknapp — BBC Sport
- Ron Vlaar ready to do battle for Aston Villa’s backroom staff — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.