Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is under contract at the club until 2017, but the Uruguayan has reassured Reds supporters that he’s not going anywhere in an interview with the Sunday Times.
I’ll be here next season yes. Not only am I playing for Liverpool, I am playing in one of the best leagues in the world. I am very happy (at Liverpool) and I want to see out my contract, though in football you never know quite what’s ahead.”
It’s imperative that Liverpool holds on to the striker even though the club won’t be able to provide him Champions League matches next season.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Luis Suarez wants to stay at Anfield club ‘for another four years’ — The Telegraph
- Arsenal interested in Joachim Löw replacing Arsene Wenger — 101 Great Goals
- Most of Premiership money still goes to players — Football Economy
- Cardiff seal Championship title with two games to spare after draw at Burnley — The Telegraph
- Brad Guzan is arguably the Premier League’s best-performing goalkeeper — The Independent
- David Moyes writes off Everton’s Champions League chances — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.