Another night in Italy, and yet another night of racist abuse. Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas complained tonight about the racist abuse his players received at the hands of Inter Milan supporters in the San Siro.
“It was very, very easy to hear the chanting so I am sure that Uefa will act on it,” said Villas-Boas. “It’s difficult for Inter because it is something that has happened before.”
Monkey chants were reportedly heard as well as an inflatable banana in the crowd. These actions are disgraceful and it’s about time that UEFA does something to crack down on these unfortunate scenes that do not belong in football.
Here are the Premier League news headlines tonight:
- Andre Villas-Boas expects Inter Milan punishment after ‘racist abuse’ — BBC Sport
- Steven Taylor celebrates with disabled Newcastle fan — 101 Great Goals
- Michael Laudrup vows to keep key trio as Swansea boss seeks to build on success — The Mail
- Nuri Sahin: ‘I have left Brendan Rodgers, thanks be to God’ — The Independent
- Sunderland boosted by return of striker Connor Wickham — The Mail
- Swansea City’s Mark Gower joins Charlton Athletic on loan — This Is South Wales
- Rafael Benitez pleased Fernando Torres was confident enough to take a penalty — The Mail
- Cardiff City sign Norwich City defender Leon Barnett on loan — Wales Online
- Rio Ferdinand: England manager Roy Hodgson finally bows to common sense — The Guardian
- Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup hopes new deal will aid transfer bids — Wales Online
- Blatter accuses Platini of tearing the “heart and soul” out of the Euro 2020 — Telegraph
- How Everton FC perform on Facebook [Infographic] — UK Sports Network
- Robert Lewandowski favors a summer move to Man United over Bayern Munich — Telegraph
- England squad for World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Montenegro — The FA
- Beckham, England’s last man standing in the Champions League — Marca
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.