It seems that Arsene Wenger is suffering from the same disease as Brendan Rodgers. After their clubs get one or two good wins under their belt, both managers start saying silly things. In Wenger’s case, he believes Arsenal can finish second in the league this season — leapfrogging Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City. First things first, Arsenal needs to beat Spurs on Sunday.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal can finish second in the league — Sky Sports
- BT Group acquires ESPN’s UK and Ireland television channels business — BT Group
- Andre Villas-Boas dismisses data analysis in football as ‘useless’ — The Independent
- Leon Britton deserves England chance after midfield masterclass at Wembley — The Mail
- Swansea coach reveals history video inspired Capital One Cup heroics — Sky Sports
- Behind the scenes with Swansea City: Pictures from Wembley triumph — Wales Online
- Sergio Agüero suggests his long-term future lies with Manchester City — The Guardian
- Michael Laudrup takes the blame for Nathan Dyer’s penalty row — The Telegraph
- Michael Laudrup says League Cup victory eclipses any that he won as player — The Independent
- Swansea are set for a heroes’ welcome during a bus parade in their home city on Tuesday — Sky Sports
- Fifa grants goalline technology licence to German firm — The Guardian
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.