THURS, 1PM ET
THURS, 3PM ET
VIL4
ZUR1
THURS, 3PM ET
MON5
APO0

FIFA 14 Wishlist: What’s Yours?

fifa 14 FIFA 14 Wishlist: Whats Yours?

We’re nearly nine months away from a new FIFA video game, so it’s time to start wishing for a new one. With everything that went into last year’s iteration, what could go into a new one? Here are my four suggestions:

1. Next Gen FIFA

The biggest question on my mind is that with the possibility of new consoles possibly coming from Sony and Microsoft this year, can we possibly see new and upgraded FIFA games? Will EA finally give us a whole new next gen experience or will it be a training wheels-type exercise as the kinks get worked out for a new console? Thinking back to the Madden 2005 experience on the then new Xbox 360 makes me hope that EA avoids this.

2. Improving the Managers’ Career Mode

FIFA took a step forward last year with a lite version of a Managers Career mode that let players take the role of the manager of their club with opportunities to even become an international coach. While it was a great start that could rival some of the soccer management sims out there, there were still a few bugs. The biggest fix I would like to see is negotiating the transfers of players. In FIFA 13, once negotiations went south, that was it. This needs to be fixed. Also, I would love more interaction between the players and coach — especially when there are new players and trying to get that ‘right’ chemistry for your team.

3. Commentary

I believe EA is just too lazy to really figure out how to use dynamic commentary in a game in light of the paltry competition that PES gives them yearly. I don’t know how many times I have to say this but if EA took notes from 2K Sports on how to make a dynamic game, then FIFA would fly off the shelves even more than it does already.

It would be nice to hear during the course of a game how players and teams are on a hot or cold streak or how well a player does playing in a particular venue or how a coach is doing with a particular team. Too many times in FIFA 13, I heard audio miscues. Foe example, when a team was in good form, I would hear that they were in poor form. And vice versa.

4. Dynamic and adjustable AI Tactics

While the on-the-field AI has gotten better in some respects, what I would like to see is your AI opponent switch tactics too. Come on EA! Your motto is “If it in the game, it’s in the game!” How many times do we see managers make adjustments at half time and whatever they do becomes a key to them winning or losing a game especially if a player has been carded? If the 4-4-2 formation is not working for the AI, then let the AI change at halftime and really surprise the player at the beginning of the second half by running something different. Even adjusting where players are on the field would be great.

I have a feeling that something like this probably won’t happen until the next gen consoles come out but it’s an idea worth pursuing.

Last year’s iteration was a huge step forward for me but I still feel that more needs to be done under the hood instead of a huge overhaul. As long as EA improves on some of the small bells and whistles that they added last season along with some of the suggested changes, then FIFA 14 could be a big hit. We know as long as PES is around that FIFA won’t get all of the licenses, but FIFA does make up for this in great dynamic gameplay. With new consoles on the horizon, who knows what we may be in store for?

So, now it’s up to you readers. What would you like to see in the next FIFA game?

This entry was posted in FIFA Video Game, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

85 Responses to FIFA 14 Wishlist: What’s Yours?

1. noikis says:

It might be a bit too much, but id love to have some classic teams in the section where they have a wolrd 11 and classic 11. Imagine playing with the invincible arsenal team or the treble winning united team, the madrid galacticos and so on. I think it would be great fun and dont think it ll be that hard to do.

• Opti says:

Yup!!

1) I like having Classic teams or even just more “great” players to choose from in Classic XI. Madden did this back in the day with Madden Cards… I would like to be able to unlock FIFA Cards that contain legendary teams of last 60 years of football. It would be glorious to pit 80s liverpool against 68 Manchester United team, etc…

2) Loosen the off-side calls and allow refs to make mistakes. It should be SO EASY to implement. Just apply a truncated Gaussian decision model based on how far a player is off-side. It would be fun! :)

3) Speed up simulations. That is, improve underlying framework of FIFA. It is getting WAY TO SLOW to play a season in Manager Mode with all the background loading. I wonder how much of the 8 cores on a PS3 are really utilized by FIFA 13… it’s just too slow. FIFA manager mode should 100 times faster than Football Manager, but I am not sure it is even 2 times faster. Big one for me!

4) Continue to improve upon physics engine. Still a lot of “weird” collision between team mates on the field. Improve AI “awareness” to avoid having two players fall over each other again and again. Makes quick back-passing in own half so artificially dangerous.

5) Lower price? How can they justify $60 when upgrades are so incremental? That’s why I only buy every other year now… because, if you remove the squad list updates, the improvements are not worth it.

• mrhappy5000 says:

I posted the exact same idea then saw this :/

2. Matt says:

I couldn’t agree more with the first point. Madden 05 was a markedly better than every iteration until 09.

One thing that I keep clamoring for is complete goalkeeper uniforms for every team in the game. I hate building league two sides up to the prem only to see the same sad generic goalkeeper jersey circa 2005 from nike, adidas or puma minus the logos.

3. Pete says:

1. Create a game in which your players don’t stand still while the ball is 2 feet from the player. Your computer teammates should be more aggressive.

2. Fix the throw ins – So ridiculous that you have two stationary players to choose from.

3. 1st touch changes were needed, but they went overboard. Defenders just letting the ball dribble off of their feet onto the path of an attacker does not happen as much as it does in the game.

4. Too many people online quit after being scored upon within the 1st 5 minutes. If you’re losing and quit – you should get a loss no matter how much time is on the clock.

5. If you have chosen for your settings to not allow auto-switching on defense, then make sure that is the case. Time and time again, my defender is switched to someone I don’t want after a pass (not aerial) is made. This should not happen.

6. No need for the constant rain online.

7. Make sure that the referees are not wearing the same color jersey as the opponent.

8. Open goal misses and flubs, especially when the goalie is out of position. Prime time players should not be missing open headers 1 foot from the goal as often as they do.

9. Maybe it’s my imagination, but at times it is as though the game is pre-scripted and one team gets every fortuitous bounce no matter the quality of the opponent.

10. Sometimes I just want a basic pass to go to the player where he is at, not 5 feet in front, and certainly not 10 feet behind. I know I can switch to manual passing, but a simple fix would improve the flow from passing so much.

Other than that – love the game.

• Ralph says:

7. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHOOSE THE REFS KIT AS WELL

• asfhba says:

Also, it should be more realistic..in the sense, if you’re playing against real madrid, ronaldo doesn’t do any multiple step-overs like in reality. he only does roll-overs and sidesteps you. you should also be able to go to player interviews, manager interviews, and so on in career mode.
      in career mode, if it is not too much to ask, i would like to see the training everyday, and decide which training to do etc. but this should be an option as some might not like it.

4. Jack Pendleton says:

1. PES 2013 Gameplay with the addition of physics.

2. Other teams having youth squads that work in Career mode. This is the main problem with career mode. After 8 years, your team is the best. I am sick of Barca taking my 3rd string keeper on loan because the young keeper they have has a rating of 50. Each teams youth squad should have it’s own coach(s). Their ability when you start the career should be linked with how effective they currently are a evaluating young talent/developing it. Of course you should have the ability to change this for a better/worse/different staff at any time.

3. Ability to scout ANY part of the world, this could go as far as certain counties/states of countries. Why can’t i scout Wales but i can scout New Zealand?

4. Defenders with the ability to actually jostle with players while the ball is outside the box.

5. Hip/shoulder tackles.

6. Managers actually leaving teams for other teams and retiring (this is in Madden, why not fifa)? This could also go into ratings for managers and their own ability to develop.

7. Players off the ball in ever soccer sim to date do not act like they actually understand what space is, fix this. This is especially evident when defenders just let the attacker receive the ball. If i want to play a press, i should be able to occasionally force them to back pass.

8. Actual tactics that work both attacking and defending. To put it simply, the game still plays like 22 robots on the field with no actual idea of what soccer (yes yes i know you want me to call it football) is.

9. 50 years at least in career mode, if you don’t want to play it you don’t have too but what is the harm in having it?

10. Ability to have more than 3 scouts. Perhaps specific scouts for each position?

11. Players actually developing properly when on loan in another league/being able to see their stats.

12. COACHING STAFFS. Let me hire my own. Let me decide who i want to mentor my young gun striker.

13. No more player regens, just use the youth squad effectively for all teams and there will be no need. If you have to have them, make the player regen at random in any team. The AI almost never sign free agents. I have seen 18 year olds with 75 ratings sit in the free agent pool for years. EA will also have to add more spots available in the youth squad for players if this is to work.

14. Reserve grade football for your reserves, seems simple enough. This way young players with actually develop realistically.

15. Different movements for different players. I cannot stress this enough. Why is the NBA 2k series so successful? One reason is they actually recreate shots/dribbles of player. This could go into the gate of players in fifa, as well as shots etc.

16. 99 speed does not mean i win every game ever. Angles exist, teach the defenders to take them.

Just want to say that i do love your podcast and i really appreciate the time and effort you put into it. Sorry if this was a bit long.

Peace out brothers,

And as always, enjoy your sim football.

5. Kamden Keenan says:

I would like it to have Concacaf Champions League, Gold Cup, NASL (National Amarican Soccer League) and a MLS super draft (just random names)

6. RBP says:

More real stadiums would be the big one for me.

• Liam Mcglynn says:

The nets in the goals need changing up a bit more. So far theres only a couple of different styles of net just with a few different colours. example man u and chelsea may both have white netting but its totally different style. same with barca and real madrid. needs to be made more realistic.

7. Dean Stell says:

A couple….

1). As someone mentioned above, faster sims in career mode. It just takes too damn long to sim one’s way through a season.

2). The ability to control subs in a simmed game so you can still sim, but get a young player or player with low morale a few minutes.

3). More access to the youth team. I’m sick of seeing these kids just be names, ages and positions. I never play enough seasons to see them actually become real players who are any good. Also a way to track the diaspora from your academy would be fun. AND…some access to their actual stats when they are on loan. I’d love to actually be able to play some of these kids in youth games.

4). Better difficulty settings. I play with the sliders and have a hard time getting the AI to be competitive. It’s either 0-0 because the AI’s defense is too good or I’m beating the AI 7-0.

5). As someone else said above, more confederation-specific club tournaments. How hard is this?

6.) Some ability to watch your team play in career mode.

8. CTBlues says:

My guess is they will take everything out of it that they added while making them for the current consoles and PC like they did when they went from PS2/Xbox to PS3/360 and then add them back in.

Also I don’t think the new consoles will be out by the time FIFA 14 comes out so the versions that come out on the new consoles will not be that special because they will have to also work on the current gen consoles. If only everything was developed on PC then down graded to work on consoles.

9. dust says:

How about applying actual statistics from the real world to players instead of having stats and them mean nothing, e.g. if Defoe has 80 shots but only scores one of them then that should be the form they are in so if he scores 6 goals in 4 games then that should be how he plays. Bale should be able to burst away, as should Lennon, but they don’t as everything is out of whack.. fix that!

Tactics like phil jones on Ronaldo wouldn’t work in fifa because the capabilities of each player are so out of whack.. more realism… is a must as well as better response/reaction.

Better on screen controls for free kicks as well as customized set piece runs, plays and better options for defending free kicks.

10. Frill Artist says:

Look, you guys can wish all you want but EA ain’t changing $h!t just like they’ve been doing the past three years.

11. SteveE says:

I would like to see something like a preferred transfer team in career mode. If you want to go to a specific team you should be able to alert them so there is more of a chance of a transfer if you are to their caliber.

12. Purd says:

I’m pretty much addicted to the current FIFA so I don’t think they need to change much.

One awful thing, already mentioned, is people quitting after I score a goal in the 3rd minute and I don’t get the win. Quitting while losing should be a loss.

Ultimate team interface needs some updates. Make it easier to search for individual players and items up for auction.

I don’t like how different stadiums have different camera angles.

I think alot of foul calls are incorrect. If your striker is running with the ball, gets it stolen then collides face first into the defender it shouldn’t be a foul on the attacker.

I’d like custom kits, and ability to use national team kits in ultimate team.

All minor quibbles…

13. David says:

Perhaps for pro clubs season, have like a ultimate team style set up where you can buy players to play alongside , except the positions where your and your teammate(s) pros play, instead of the spastic CPU players which cannot pass properly or shoot very well.

14. iudica007 says:

I like to see some licensed MLS STADIUMS.
    - ALLOWD US TO EDIT STADIUMS.
    - ALLOWD US TO CHANGE COLORS ON THE STANDS.
    - nets, goal post.
    - SOUTH AMERICAN LEAGUES.
    -ALLOWD US TO UPDATE ROSTER IN MANAGER MODE.
    -MUDDY FIELDS.

THANK YOU.

15. Andy says:

Improved teammate AI would be my No. 1 wish. Very frustrating when a ball ping pongs in the box, falls near a teammate’s boot and he stands there like a statue. Ugh!!

16. mrhappy5000 says:

What I really want to see is the ability to play as historic squads. Maybe as a bonus but when you have friends over and one of them is an Arsenal fan, maybe the option to play with the invincibles?

17. Romans116 says:

I’d like to see scheduled substitutions where you can plan ahead either a game or during HT to have a player that substitute that you know is tiring or will tire. You can perhaps include an option to confirm or decline it to avoid taken out a player having a blinder or the like.

18. guest says:

1.More detail information abaout transfer market.
    2 Press speculation.
    3 Detail information about previous matches.
    4 More Improved and advanced scouting.
    5 Scouts giving more information about other club player who are not happy.
    6 Managers of other team talking in press conference.
    7 More user friendly tactics.
    8 Put assistance manager in box for more information about pitch, player rating and making subtitute.
    9 Commentary should have latest news about player, market and incident in pitch.
    10 More stadiums
    11 Make game fan suppport more fascinating in rival matches.More drama.
    Last minute goal. More fouls by opposition and habit of player should reflect in game for eg: Balloteli, Rooney etc.
    12 Fan support must be differ according to the league table.
    13 Editing of player.
    14 No use of youth player in reserve and even we can’t give them a game due to low rating.
    15 Make youth grow more advance like if the youth have 60-71 overall his over all should increase by 71-75 which is perfect. In youth squad and make them release youth player at a age of 18. And directly placing in subtitute or reserve.
    16 In fifa 13 in my game manager of man city sold David silva, carlos tevez. and plalayer guideti and balotteli in place of aguero and dzeko . I felt shock so manager must have a.i in selecting player.
    17 Most prominent hiring and firing of manager must be made in my fifa 13 chelsea were in 11Th position but no sign of firing RDM .
    18 More real life illness for player like flue, cold etc and more back to back injury if he is injury prone.
    19last but not the least freezing, hanging must be fixed and offline playing must be improved not only online.

19. william tinkler says:

My ideas for Improving Fifa

Pro Club
    Career Mode
    Ultimate Team

My idea for improving Pro Club Dramatically:

If you ever played the Euro add on for last year you had to play countries then win players from reserves, subs and then first team to play in your team. Instead of countries you play teams in real world with the same star rating or if not play then get given a pack with players that are in the same star rating teams which you either get given each week or pay via Fifa points. I am fed up of EA overlooking Pro Club i think everyone enjoys it, and i am very glad the ability of hacking has been stopped but nothing has changed regarding the players you are given.
    Also to stop the 5 minute quit option people do. if you are like me you sometimes score within 30 seconds and all the other team has to do is quit and it counts as if you never played, also people quitting as you earn a accomplishment will cause you to not have earn that accomplishment.

My Ideas For Career:

Personally i really do enjoy what has been done with the career i think the improvements over the years have been very good.
    The idea of stadiums and the ability to expand is very good idea.
    I liked the ability to get sponsor deals because unless you are choosing barca or club with same wage budget you do end up struggling for money. The billionaire buy out was good idea but should be allowed to use in next season or with new career you start.
    The one major idea i really would like to see is a two player career so you can play with a mate and both improve the club together, discussing who to buy who to sell and see if you can take a club to the top together.

Ultimate team:

I know this will never happen because their is a huge amount of money involved but the ability to buy packs with real money should be stopped. I am frustrated with playing against people with a squad average of 90 when i have a bronze team the very first game i play, which also leads me to say they need to sort out the game syncing. If a player is a good player they should be playing other good players not someone who is rubbish. I consider myself a good player and i get very fed up with beginners, and i am sure beginners are also fed up.

20. scaifey says:

i would like to see improvements on the basics of the game as more REAL stadiums included for example elland road in the 10 biggest stadiums in england yet isnt on the game i would also like to see the english league go down as far as the evo-stick league and i would also like to see lower leagues of other countries as well also this was afore mentioned i would love to see a classic XI or maybe classic XI teams of memrobal occasions like the invincible arsenal or leeds united 1972 fa cup final team. Thank you

21. Adrian says:

Fifa 13 was GREAT! There is not many things they could improve in my opinion but there are a couple things that can make the game better.

1. Fifa Ultimate Team: When you play online games, you should be paired up with people around youre rating, a 98 shouldn’t be up against a bronze team.

2. Have you’re teammates be more involved in the game, when I play, my teammates that are controlled by the computer are always just standing there, they rarely go after loose balls.

3. Injuries: Make the injuries more realistic, also when your player gets injured they should go more in depth. It should show an x-ray of the bone that was broken and it should show the player leaving the field or getting carried off and the commentators talking about the injury. That would be pretty cool.

4. My player mode: They should make the player upgrades by skill points not achievements. For example every good pass you get, assist, goal, tackles (etc.), you get a certain amount of skill points and you should be able to upgrade whatever attribute you like. The fact that you can only upgrade your player by achievements really sucked, it made me quit my player a little while after I started.

5. Create a stadium/team: This would be a pretty cool feature, I know you can create your own team from the computer but it would be better if we were able to do it through the actual game. also the create a stadium would be part of the create a team feature.

That is it, if you like my ideas then go ahead and repost some or all if you’d like, hopefully some of these ideas can improve the game.

22. Kieranjohn says:

1. Sort out the lagging. I find fifa13 slow when changing your squad around.

2. Remove overall potential caps. If a young player is being used regulary and is playing well they should be improving as they progress and not stop at a given rating. Obviously slow the growth down as they age and possibly stop above 30.

3. Relevent attribute growth. I always find players in midfield for example who bag allot of goals each season dont really improve their finishing attributes but instead random ones improve.

4. Progresson in career mode. Over time the manager should have more influance such as stadium reqiirements to improve capacity and finances. Certain deals and freindly organisation in certain countrys to increase global recognition as in real life. For example man u are touring asia in the summer to increase their fan base etc.

5. Freindly games should be unlimited subs as in real life

6. More transfer terms and conditions such as buy back clauses would be welcomed.

7. Improved commentary. No real excitement from this just seems to be repetitive rubbish which allot of it gets wrong such as saying a team is on form when their really not. The funny ones iv seen is when the ball goes iut for a corner yet the commentator sys its a goal kick?

8. Speed of players. Some players such as lennon for example appear to be getting outpaced by defenders with very low pace? Dont make sense.

9. Hire backroom staff such as coaches, physios ect. Could base this in improving training and reducing injurys etc.

10. Assign individual training needs to players for example get a player working on their shooting, strength training, free kicks etc.

11. Players loaned out actually go to teams where they play regulary and improve. Your players actually grow more being in your squad and hardly playing then they do on loan.

12. Squads. Reserve team matches, under 21 matches etc and have the choice to premote and demote players during the season.

13. Postion retraining. Like in fifa manager certain players can learn to play in other positions. Such as a CB training to play CDM or RB.

14. Remove the “threatened” moral status. This is just annoying and doesnt go away for a whole season even if the player is playing week in week out

15. More usage of strength of players such as a strong defending nudging a skinny winger off the ball. Iv seen “weak” players out muscle some of the big ones.

16. Injuries. Iv seen players break a leg and then walk off the pitch.. No

17. Moral boost for players being called up for their country. Particually young debutees

18. Always get an email sayin what players have been called up and for u alter ur squad accordingly.. Well international games never play the same time as the league games (higher leagues anayway) bit pointless.

19. More player interaction to keep moral high

20. Players leave for african cup of nations and other cups.

21. Add big teams from leagues that are not currently on fifa

22. More national sides

23. Upgradable facilities i.e improved training ground, youth acadamy etc

24. Players tend to get a growth spurt at the same time. Done see why. Should be more individual which reflects that players match time and performances.

25. Different ref strictness. Maybe abit real life which includes the odd mistake or over reaction. Might annoy some people but that would make it feel more life like.

26. Virtual pro. Have more than one playable postion. If you pick midfield you only get a choice of one position when realistically most players can play in various positions across midfield and even others. Pick work rate would be good aswel.

27. More freedom when creating custom formations.

28. Improve basic looks of players. For example romeu of chelsea has a shaved head but has hair in fifa? Not a major issue.

29. Player ranking. I cant for the life of me understand how this works i have players who are first team, play well and have high ratings yet are lower than some of the subs?

30. Stadium names. Seems to be allot if generic stadiums used across the game. The more reconised clubs should have detailed and named stadiums.

31. Weather. Weather changes during the match.

32. Remove the whole player doesnt like living in the country anymore scenario. Its just annoying

23. just a fan says:

Can FIFA 14 please have the actual Shield for the country and not just their flag !?!? its already pretty rude and sad that they only have certain countries shields like mexico or usa but when you go look at brazil,chile, colombia, peru, bolivia its just their flag.Like Come on why cant we have our Countries soccer shield????.This also brings me to the next point… can countries have their actual jerseys not just some made up ones. This is all i ask!! thank you

• fifa14!! says:

I think the problem with some of the kits and the flags like you say is with licensing issues. It would be great if they could sort all of it out and have everything as realistic as possible, and also have the kind of league depth as football manager

24. Mitch Allen says:

I love Fifa 13 and think there are only a few changes that need to be made.

1) should be able to redesign a new shirt every 2 years.

2) You should get job offers from any teams and all jobs are availble instead of just a few.

3) Build up a stadium, If you start with a league 2 team you cant do anything with the ground even if you get into premiership, and when you do you should see building work being done.

4) Money should be done by week by week where you earn money from sponsers and gate takings, You should be able to get into debt with transfers.

5)Goalkeepers gloves should be availble on catalouge to purchase.

6) More interaction with players (fining them for talking to press ect) more interaction being able to respond to demands and other aspects

25. Adam Hulbert says:

I would love to see a loan window in the lower leagues. and I would love to see the big leagues expanded like add the conference national, Scottish lower leagues, French 3rd division (I forget it’s name) etc.

26. Eric says:

I am a huge addict of Manager mode. I need it to be more realistic.
    I want to hire my own crew. I want to know what other managers are doing, create dossiers.
    Hold training sessions, a reserve/youth league instead of just having a tab with youth in it.
    Financial control? I always wonder where that odd % of the transfer fee goes. Manage board finances, ticket prices, renovations, etc etc.
    Real atmosphere! Real attendances at the real team stadiums based on form, support size, and ticket prices! Dynamic fans who cheer based on what is happening, at other team fans, ref, etc.
    Can other managers be sacked as well and have their own crew and youth academy? I always wonder why im in league 1 getting offered Arsenal job…
    Another thing. Please make it harder to keep hold of your star and youth players if you are a lower club. I play as Derby county a lot and it is so easy to grab premier quality players and keep my stars.
    Give players a personality! They have feelings and attitudes in game, show them! If a player shows up late to training you should be able to fine them. There needs to be more interaction!!!!!
    Get rid of this dual management… the internationals in fifa 13 is terrible. At least do what pes does and have every intl team and continental cups if your going to include it.
    Also, i hate how pace dominates this game. Defenders need to know how to take angles, shoulder them off the ball, etc.

These additions aren’t out of the question. You can easily do it and if you want to eradicate pes forever you should. I love fifa manager mode and want it to be like real life (: please and thank you

• Eric says:

also i forgot club debt! There should be a possibility of administration and such. It is impossible to go into the red in finances in the game!

27. Liam Mcglynn says:

Why cant fifa have the champions league fully licensed like pro evo? Also its annoying when the same clubs buy the same players in the transfer window example mascherano to man utd.

28. Liam Mcglynn says:

I almost forgot the glitch where u buy a financial takeover and it states you get the money every season twhen u only get the money once in ur 1st season then never again.

29. Liam Mcglynn says:

I have thought of a few more things on my wishlist.

1) A much better player history database. Rather than wiping the slate clean every season you should be able to filter through the previous seasons played and look at how many goals a player scored or how many clean sheets a player got. This would be great for when you are looking to buy a player.

2) Stop the rediculous calendar schedules. Example games on a wednesday then a friday in the premier league. There are no friday games ever!

3) International management offers for the top teams example spain and brazil should only come after 2 or 3 really successful seasons with your club in league and europe not halfway through your 1st season.

4) have the real managers names mentioned in the news section and transfers of managers to other clubs. Also have other club teams approach to sign you if your reputation as a top manager grows.

5) Include end of season awards example player of the season, european player of the year, team of the year etc

6) Update the nets in each stadium. Not all the netting should be the same. i know some are red,black,green etc but need to have more variety of styles. example the nets at old trafford and stamford bridge are both white but different. The netting in europe is different to say the premier league.

7) Quitting games online should be punished much more severely. Anybody who is losing no matter whether its the 1st minute or the last quits the game they should have 3 defeats added to their profile.

30. Abongile says:

Take a look at nba13 2k’s career m0de and copy it

31. peter says:

new asian teams like UAE Kuwait uzbakistan etc and some african national like ghana zambia burkina faso and nigeria and in rest of the world al ahly sc aukland city shakhtar and mazembe
    and add become a refree

32. Liam Mcglynn says:

Make certain players attributes more realistic for example bale should be running past people like their stuck in treacle. Also the fatigue of players in career mode needs lookin at. a player shouldnt be on low energy 3 or 4 days after the previous game.

33. Perry Delaney says:

Make it more realistic commentary when scoring a goal such as the Spanish commentry shouting ‘goooooooaaaaaaallll!!!’

34. Saikiran says:

FIFA 13 was great……
    Just one wish from me….

Please include Ukraine League or atleast Shakthar Donetsk in Rest Of World…
    I like them so much… Pls.. Add them!!

35. Nick says:

1. bring in goal line technology
    2. allow refs to make mistakes (ie. Bad decision making, like not giving a clear penalty)
    3. make goal celebrations more real, instead of players doing their own thing, especially goals in dying seconds, so all the players would do a big huddle
    4. fix the number 11 on kits, it looks pathetic spaced out
    5. have physio staff come out and assist players, injuries and little knocks.

36. Yaniv says:

1. We need to get the Israeli league! if there isnt a way to get the license from them, at least have the patch available for download and people can pay to add ther own leagues. It would double SALES!

2. I wish Fifa take out the option of returning to Arena when you press start to pause the game for a sec, someone always presses accidentally on a button he didnt mean to press and we have to go all the way back to the arena to set up the game all over again.

3. Im sure there are alot of fans that like to play 2vs2 matches with there friends at home with 4 controllers like i do. i think Fifa should have a special feature for 2on2 and have statistics also for every color (blue,red,green,yellow) btw please try to make the GREEN color a different color, it looks like the pitch and is confusing, White or orange could be a good option.

4. Through balls should be a little more accurate, and lob through balls while standing on the 16 meter line should not ALWAYS END UP IN THE GOALKEEPERS HANDS!

37. Liam Mcglynn says:

Have handballs in the penalty area. plenty of times ive seen it hit a hand and nothing happens. referees should make bad decisions like in real life also the linesman should give off side when onside n vice versa like in real life.

38. Huw Roma says:

I was playing FIFA 13 last night as Barcelona against Real Madrid. At half time it was 2-2 in a thrilling match. As they went off the picth Alan Smith said it was a boring match with no action and how surprised he was. This is the kind of thing I wish they’d fix. Also while playing as myself I scored my 32nd goal of the season in the 31st game only for Smith to say ‘he doesn’t get many, but when he does they count!’ Give me a break man.

39. Liam says:

Make the game as realistic as possible like a proper football match 1)add a voice for the referee to hear what he is saying about he desisions 2) add a page for live scores to see your friends scores and stats 3) bet xp with odds depending to the players skill to earn xp 4) have a warm up session in stadium with your team on the night for 10/15mins then back pause menu to edit team tatics etc 5)if it starts raining too much end the game or let the offical decide whats best 6) have a team were you can have people around the world pick either player or assiant manguer if thier are high enough level and only control one team so its not got 2 teams of chelsea ect. thats all dont have to take every idea it could go on forever just try and make it more REALISTIC please. thankyou

40. Huw Roma says:

You could go on forever about the things wrong with the game. While playing FIFA 12 on my PS Vita I have never been awarded one penalty in over 1000 games. That’s hardly the sign of a realistic game. There’s never handballs, nobody ever dives and the whole thing is fantasy. I don’t know how many times the CPU just decides to score and there’s nothing you can do about it. The crappiest team in the league suddenly starts playing like Brazil 1970, with one guy taking on my whole team and scoring effortlessly, despite having no shots or ball posession in the entire game up until that point. There’s times I’ve wanted to smash the Vita in pure rage at the asinine CPU.

41. Anonymous says:

•In manager mode, you should have a touch line view will watching the game.
    • In player career mode, you should have a camera angle that let’s you see through the players eyes (more realistic for individual players) and as their vision stat increases, widen the angle or somehow make it obvious when a team mate wants the ball.
    • “Be the referee” should be a career mode option – self explanatory

42. Tom says:

I want these leagues:
    Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Rep. of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England (Premier League, Championship, League 1 and League 2) Denmark, Netherlands (Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie), Belgium (Pro League and Eerste Divisie), Germany (First, Second and Third Bundesliga), Poland, France (Ligue 1 and 2), Switzerland, Austria, Czech, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine, Portugal (Primeira and Segunda Division), Spain (Liga BBVA and Adelante), Italy (Serie A and B) Croatia, Serbia, Greece, Turkey (Süper and 1. Lig), Israel, U.S.A (MLS and NASL), Mexico, Brazil (Serie A and B), Argentina, Ecuador, South Africa, Tunisia, Egypt, Ghana, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, India, China, South Korea, Japan, Australia, New Zealand.

Rest of World:
    CD Motagua, Alajuelense, W Connection, Universidad de Chile, Club Libertad, CA Peñarol, Flora Tallinn, FK Ventspils, BATE Borisov, FC Vaduz, MSK Zilina, Sheriff Tiraspol, FK Zeljeznicar, FK Buducnost, Skënderbeu Korçë, Levski Sofia, FC Aktobe, Pyunik, ES Sétif, TP Mazembe, Hilal Al-Quds

International:
    All countries from FIFA 13 + these:
    Panama, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Honduras, Trinidad & T, Suriname, Wales, Latvia, Belarus, Slovakia, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Israel, Georgia, Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Zambia, Angola, Qatar, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Korea DPR, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Fiji, Solomon Islands

43. A.M says:

Would be nice to have a spectator mode in Pro Club.

44. Ibrahim says:

fifa is doing great in egypt , we hope w see egyptian league in fifa 14

45. Stefano Fantoni says:

Without exaggeration I think maybe it would be all well and good to add the championships of Turkey Greece and Ukraine (perhaps even that of Argentina).
    Also complete correctly the faces of the players.

46. Liam Mcglynn says:

The commentary needs looking at. sometimes what they are saying doesn’t equate to whats goin on. example alan smith said that its not been a great start to the season and was dissapointing when i was in 2nd place only on goal difference after winning 8 and drawing 2 in my 1st 10 games. They just need to be more with it in terms of whats actually happening on the pitch.

Another thing that would be great put the champions cup (champions league) in the exhibition mode. I like playing in the champions league but cant always be bothered to play a full career mode to try to win it. you can play the FA cup and league cup why not the champions cup?

47. Matt says:

Be able to use easfc credits to buy fifa points for fut

48. Cammy celtic fc says:

there should be the lower scottish league added into fifa 14 . there has been speculation for long and they added rangers last year but forgot every other team in their league . it would be good to start at a team like clyde and see where it takes you in your career

49. Carl says:

Add Welsh National team please.

Bering back camp nou

50. Carl says:

Please add the WALES NATIONAL TEAM…

51. SBK16 says:

Improvements In FIFA14:-
    1. I-League
    AFC Champions Cup
    Turkish League…needs to be added

2. An option for users with low graphic card…they would get to play with less graphics, but the game should run smooth

3.Camp Nou and Salt Lake City Stadium(2nd biggest)…

4.Sergio Aguero and Sergio Ramos Face Improvement

5.Connection between Junior clubs and Senior Clubs
    eg.1) Real Madrid and RM Castills
    2)Barca and Barca B

52. CheezleMcWeezle says:

Add all he leagues that can make it into the champions league and europa please.

53. CheezleMcWeezle says:

Add the morrocan, ukraine,, welsh and iceland national teams. Add the youth league to the premier league so the youngsters have a chance to play. More south american teams. Have a option that makes u able to search by how many years left on contract. More detail to the contracts espically when loaning someone out please.

54. Craig says:

These are ideas for career mode only!!….
    I’d like the managers to be more realistic in their face & I would like them to be more involved during the match & I would like to be able to use lets say Pep Guardiola!! I’d like more international teams like Japan how do they not have a team?! I’d Like to have under 21s tournaments & reserve games during the year so my youth player can grow better & faster,
    I’d like to able to change players positions such as move David Luiz to CDM,
    A big one for me is using my team AFC Bournemouth taking them through the leagues into the champions league & still playing in a small stadium that holds around 10000 people I’d like to be able to make the stadium bigger & make the stadium more colourful such as more signs & sponsourship, It would be nice to choose where to go & who to play in preseason, more & better commentary!

55. Craig says:

Another big thing for me is as soon as a player hits 30 years of age his stamina & alot of his attributes suddenly drops!

56. Matt says:

1) Every stadium is unique to it’s squad. I understand that there is a finite amount of space on each disc, but it’s absurd that iconic stadiums like Goodison Park and Villa Park aren’t included in the game, let alone the grounds of lesser known clubs. If only there was a way to download additional content from some external data source…
    2) Along those lines: stadium enhancements should be both available and evident in game when upgrades are made. This should of course affect the transfer budget you receive for the following year(s).
    3) Reserve/Youth games.
    4) Youth squads for each team, especially if it’s at one of your old clubs. I found a 90-94 overall potential with a current rating between 64-68 as a 14 year old at Everton, but I got sacked for not winning the title in my second season, so this kid is gone.
    5) Coaching carousel: under-achieving managers should be fired and seek replacement jobs. If Arsenal finishes 10th, Wenger should be managing somewhere else next year, and Arsenal should seek a replacement coach who has a real name.
    6) Better title celebrations. Winning the league should be a massive accomplishment, with celebrations both in the stadium and in the community (ie a parade).
    7) Interactive crowds. This has certainly improved over the last few years. Last minute goals should be met with bedlam. If I’m visiting Etihad stadium and I score at the away end, I should be able to sprint towards my fans and see the crowd surge towards the pitch.
    8) Updating uniform numbers/badges. If I get promoted to the premier league with a championship side, my jersey numbers/names should change from the championship format to the premier league format. And if I’m playing in the “Champions Cup” or “Euro League”, the numbers should change to the sponsored numbers depending on your kit supplier (Nike numbers, adidas numbers etc.) for the cup matches.

57. Clive Jerry says:

There are some changes that I would love to see in the next FIFA edition. One club players – That is, players who stick to their club for years without even considering a move. I still feel that the transfer system needs a lot more work. Players are switching clubs so often it takes away from the realism! Its a fact they need to revamp the stadiums that they currently have, I like the fact that they added the King Fahd International Stadium but even so, I believe that they need to add more – the generic ones have become old (crossing my fingers and hoping that they’ll bring back Camp Nou)I hear that there is talk that the next edition will be running the frostbite engine (euphoria)

58. Craig says:

In the tatics during a game when I press team pressing & high pressure I actually want to see the team change!

59. Stef says:

1. Champions League/Europa League licence.
    2. Better crowds and background graphics.
    3. Changing sleeve patches with promotion or relegation.
    4. iPad app to manage your team in Carreermode.

60. Angus Haig says:

1) I really think they should integrate reserve and youth matches so the players in the reserves can improve rather than just being used very rarely.

2) I think you should be able to sign people on a pre-season contract if they have 6 months left.

3) there should be far more re gen young players that appear in random leagues

61. John says:

Add these leagues:
    3. Bundesliga
    Turkish super League
    Greek Superleague
    Romanian liga 1
    Ukrainan premier League
    South african League
    J League
    Argentinan League
    Colombian League

62. ThOmAs says:

I play FIFA 13 a lot and i think these changes will be very good. It would be nice to see the greek league in FIFA 13 because there are some decent players in that league and the same for the argentian league. and you should improve the player career mode as much as you can, examples- you should be able to suggest stuff to the manager even if your not the captian, one thing that i would really like in the player career mode is that every thing you offer a player in manager mode (contract, bounes etc…) you should be giving that in the player career mode and on your final year of your contract if the club wants you the’ll offer a new contract or another club will offer you a contract and if u want more money you should be able to ask for more money. thats it for now, but could you please make these changes it

63. ThOmAs says:

in manager mode you should make it just like real life and in player career you should be able to pick your work rate

64. John says:

Rest of the world: Mazembe , Rangers , BATE Borisov , APOEL, HAPOEL Tel Aviv , Al Ahly , universidad Da Chile , Colo Colo , allianza Lima , Olimpia , Penarol.

They shall included u21 teams , historic teams and would have been cool with beach soccer.

65. Craig says:

I want them to improve the managers on the sideline! & the youth academy when I sign a player & they go into my roster it’s impossible to loan them out no one wants them what’s the point of having youth players !

66. Francesco says:

I would like very much that Fifa developers put the fans lighting flares during the match and that the fans chanting has an impact on team performance but mainly the focus to be on flares because they give a whole a lot of a new better kind of dimension to the satisfaction of palying the game and creating situation for fans to lit the flare,as i have seen so far PES announced this for his 14 edition so i sincerely hope that fifa will do it to,it would be a great impact to the complete perception of the game…Cheers

67. King says:

I would like to be able to play my youth academy games. And if I start a player in career mode I would like to be able to have the option to start in a youth academy for a season. Say a 15 yr old player on barcelonas youth academy so I can decide how good I come in and how quickly I do or don’t develop..just sayin it wud b awesome

68. big ton says:

fifa please put the greek league its much better then the other leagues.
    JUST DO IT OK

69. Connor says:

1. Make good transfer budgets like Liverpool should have 50 million and Arsenal should have 70 million.

2. If you want to buy some really good players, maybe you can request 75-100 million and tell your owner that you want to buy some star players and you could request 25-50 million and tell your owner that you want to buy some young talent.

3. All leagues and international teams because when I was manager of Australia, I had New Zealand in Asia qualifiers with me and they are in the Oceania so please have all the leagues and international teams so that does not happen.

4. Be able to customize kits at the end of each season and choose your sponsor.

5. Youth academy with younger kids than 14 as well.

6. Owner mode where you are an owner and you get to give your team money for transfers and upgrades.

7. Please add these cups:

UEFA Champions and Europa League
    FIFA club world cup
    FIFA World cup Asian cup
    African cup of nations
    Copa Libertadores
    CONCACAF Cup (whatever that is called)
    Euro 2016, 2020 and so on

8. Be able to train players so they get a better potential

9. Add awards like golden boot and player of the year awards like FM 2013.

70. Jonathan Whelan says:

I would buy fifa 14 if ea could add in the lower scottish leagues. I know a lot of people who r not buying it this year but if these leagues or even the one league below were added then these people would definately buy the game. Plus also maybe adding the welsh abd northern ireland leagues but especially the scottish lowerleaguse . Theyd get thousands more sales and there would be a lot more enjoyment on career mode and stuff .please add this aspect of the game and u would put a hige smile on a lot of peoples faces

71. George says:

The FIFA games are really starting to disappoint me. Only the well known squads are given the ratings they deserve, which most of the time are quite high. It is not fair to the other teams that always get low end ratings and overalls. EA needs to pay attention to the other leagues, such as the Greek League, and Turkish League. These leagues have very good players in which EA never pay attention to. For instance, Greece is rated 11th in the wo

72. George says:

rld, and their highest rated player is a 79. Please tell me how this makes sense. All i request is for EA to closely pay attention to how underrated/overrated players are.

73. cooler08 says:

- Dynamic lighting
    - Dynamic weather. Including real time weather based on actual weather conditions like in Tiger Woods powered by the Weather Channel
    - Dynamic pitch surfaces
    - Better match atmosphere with more intense crowds particularly for derby matches and finals
    - Proper player shirt fabric physics which show the kit moving naturally
    - Individual body measurements for each player instead of 3 standard player models
    - Higher res player models with less “sheen” and more realistic skin tones
    - Realistic color pallet so the visuals look realistic instead of bright cartoon candy
    - Players should show facial emotion when they score or angry about a ref decision.
    - In Fifa 13 they have audio updates for goals from other matches. Have audio updates for goals in European Cup matches. This would make the group stages in the European Cup much more intense particularly in the last match of the group stages.
    - More dynamic changes from the CPU teams i.e. if a CPU team is losing or drawing at half time they switch tactics or formations at half time.
    - Wind having an effect on the game
    - Individual pitch dimensions in each stadium instead of one standard pitch size
    - CPU AI which uses a different strategy for away matches than at home so Career mode matches involve more strategy
    - AI which is far more organic so matches feel more real and varied so Career mode actually feels like a journey
    - Better editing and customization options i.e. ability to edit the names of unlicensed tournaments and set custom pre-match music for specific tournaments
    - When playing on Legendary, the CPU have more emphasis on intelligent strategic play instead of constant high pressure
    - Enhanced Player personality+ so player more closely resemble the playing styles of their real life counterparts
    - Commentators which remember your previous seasons in Career mode, i.e. if your Arsenal and just missed out on the title last season then they’d talk about it at some point in the season
    - Full time match analysis with pundits talking about the match pitch side. This would need lots of thought put into it though so it’s well varied and not generic, maybe for Fifa 16
    - More intense and enthusiastic celebrations from CPU players particularly if they score a vital goal such as a late winner in a derby match or cup final i.e. them running towards the crowd.
    - More real stadiums; at least 12 or 13 Premiership stadia
    - Online Training mode for Pro Clubs so players can train together online and practice dribbling, shooting, passing, etc.. to improve their skills and team cohesion, taking Pro Clubs to whole new heights.

74. MaxD says:

I would really like the Ukraine league (or anyway teams like Shaktar, Dnipro, Metalist and Kiev to put in Rest of the World) and some more South American team so we could play the Libertadores, or something similar. And may also the possibility to put a player when you make a loan offer.