MON, 3PM ET
BAR
AJA
TUES, 2:45PM ET
SCH
SPC

Arsenal’s Diminishing Returns Under Arsène Wenger [GRAPHIC]: The Daily EPL

arsene wenger Arsenals Diminishing Returns Under Arsène Wenger [GRAPHIC]: The Daily EPL

The Telegraph are all over the Arsenal story as if they’re taking some sort of pleasure in his demise. Hot on the heels of Arsenal’s loss to Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup, the newspaper has published a graphic showing the diminishing returns under Wenger from 1996 to present.

To be fair to Wenger, the competition has gotten better over the years. Having said that, there is a definite feeling of Wenger (and Arsenal) plateauing. Is he able to motivate his squad as well as he used to? Has he lost his advantage in the transfer market? A lot of these questions will be answered after tomorrow’s Champions League match versus Bayern Munich.

Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:

The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.

7 Responses to Arsenal’s Diminishing Returns Under Arsène Wenger [GRAPHIC]: The Daily EPL

1. Guy says:

I am no fan of the Whinger’s, but everything after perfection is downhill. How many teams (and their fans) would love to have that run?

I know all things are relative, but still……

• IanCransonsKnees says:

I agree, do the same for Liverpool and Man Utd over the past 40 years and you’ll see opposing trajectories.

Hell try it for the likes of Stoke, Wigan, Reading and Swansea.

2. Todd says:

I have a hard time seeing Arsenal getting anything off of Bayern Munich. At the moment its also looking a difficult task to overtake Tottenham in the table. Going to be an even more interesting summer for them.

3. RevGunner says:

I love how the media outlets love to go crazy when Arsenal lose a game. It shows that they don’t understand the club or the current state of the game. I think it has to do with Arsenal being consistent and not making knee jerk reactions like other clubs in Europe. I love Wenger and this club. It’d be good to shake out some bandwagon fans.

• IanCransonsKnees says:

They’re not on much of a bandwagon at the moment.

• Hoosiergunner says:

Well put. It’s easy to kick someone when they are down (just go back and read the less-than-intelligent comments from the post on this weekend’s loss), but we’ll weather this out and come out even stronger than before (and without the help of mercenary players or a revolving door of coaches). We always do. Arsenal is a top-notch club with an attention span longer than a week. If this is our low… I am pretty sure I know plenty of clubs that would kill to be where we are now. Patience. Keep the faith.

4. I do agree that Arsenal seem to get it worse than other clubs. However, I think it’s because of his refusal to adapt and change to a system during a game to get the result. Is this a good or a bad thing? All I’ll say is the Mourinho’s and Ferguson’s of this world would change system.