The Telegraph are all over the Arsenal story as if they’re taking some sort of pleasure in his demise. Hot on the heels of Arsenal’s loss to Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup, the newspaper has published a graphic showing the diminishing returns under Wenger from 1996 to present.
To be fair to Wenger, the competition has gotten better over the years. Having said that, there is a definite feeling of Wenger (and Arsenal) plateauing. Is he able to motivate his squad as well as he used to? Has he lost his advantage in the transfer market? A lot of these questions will be answered after tomorrow’s Champions League match versus Bayern Munich.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Graphic: Arsenal’s diminishing returns under Arsène Wenger — The Telegraph
- BT and Sky Sports interested in ESPN UK’s football rights — Football Economy
- Sky v BT Vision: just think Manchester United against Manchester City — The Telegraph
- Do Manchester United really have 659 million supporters? — BBC News
- ESPN presenters soaked by sprinklers at Etihad Stadium — The Mail
- Alex Ferguson ‘expects’ Manchester United to push for treble — The Independent
- Manchester City’s Roberto Mancini claims he’s ‘best manager in England’ — The Telegraph
- Daniel Sturridge vows to help Luis Suarez win Premier League Golden Boot — The Independent
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.