Newcastle United are still interested in bringing Andy Carroll back to Tyneside, so in order for the deal to go through, Liverpool are interested in getting Hatem Ben Arfa heading to Anfield as part of the deal, according to The Guardian.
It sounds like a brilliant deal to me, but I can’t see it happening. Newcastle United would be mad to let go of Hatem Ben Arfa. Newcastle knows that Liverpool doesn’t want Carroll, who’s on loan at West Ham, so the Geordies can play hardball in my opinion and refuse to let Ben Arfa go as part of the deal.
What do you think? How would Ben Arfa look in this Liverpool side, and should Newcastle say yes to the deal or not?
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Liverpool consider move for Newcastle forward Hatem Ben Arfa — The Guardian
- The Premier League attempts to pull 101 Great Goals.com from the Apple app store — 101 Great Goals
- Luiz Felipe Scolari still harbours regrets over missing out on England coaching job — Telegraph
- Debrecen keeper was asked to fix Liverpool game but says he is clean — The Guardian
- UK residents: Sign this petition to call on the MoD to award Walter Tull the Military Cross — THFC
- Liverpool pay tribute to the victims of 1958 Manchester United Munich air disaster — 101GG
- ‘World-class’ Wilshere to start in new England engine-room alongside Gerrard — The Guardian
- Wales boss Chris Coleman considering striker role for Gareth Bale — The Independent
- Premier League want improved legislation on betting industry — The Mail
- Garry Monk has signed a 1-year extension to his current contract with Swansea — Sky Sports
- Michel Platini’s Champions League plan is invitation to the corrupt — The Mail
- Tom Ince double as England Under-21s cruise to friendly victory — The Independent
- Dai Lama gives his blessings to Swansea City ahead of League Cup Final — Evening Post
- Roy Hodgson must grab chance to banish England’s fear against Brazil — The Guardian
- Norwich have confirmed the loan signing of Sporting Kansas City’s Kei Kamara — The Independent
- West Ham confirm three-year shirt sponsorship deal with Alpari — The Mail
- Clubs ‘want Europa League winners to qualify for Champions League’ — The Independent
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.