US international winger Brek Shea is poised to sign a deal to join Stoke City in the English Premier League for a transfer fee of $3.5 million, according to ESPN pundit Taylor Twellman.
The current FC Dallas footballer has been inconsistent at the club level, but has the potential to flourish given an opportunity to shine on the world’s stage. Shea previously was invited to train with Arsenal, but nothing resulted from his time at Arsenal’s Shenley Training Centre.
It appears that a medical is the only obstacle in Shea’s path from clinching a deal, but that should be straightforward. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that another American will be heading to the Premier League!
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- American Brek Shea on verge of signing deal with Stoke City — Taylor Twellman
- FA could take action against Luis Suárez, says Sir Alex Ferguson — The Guardian
- Nigel Adkins found out about his Southampton sacking as he watched TV — The Mirror
- Alan Pardew warns Newcastle to beware of Reading’s gamesmanship — The Guardian
- Sam Allardyce charged by FA over comments after Manchester United defeat — The Telegraph
- Some old heads would help Liverpool’s ‘quiet’ squad, says Rodgers — The Guardian
- Southampton sign Norway centre-back Vegard Forren — The Independent
- Chelsea gamble on return of John Terry to shore up home defences — The Guardian
- Ryan Giggs snapped with the same person – 20 years apart — Manchester Evening News
- Aston Villa’s outlook is bleak, whichever way you look at it — The Guardian
- 20 Magnificent Assorted Vintage Football Stickers – Vol #19 — Who Ate All The Pies
- Manchester City’s Roberto Mancini warns Vincent Kompany over tackles — The Guardian
- Stoke City’s Maurice Edu loaned to Bursaspor — Yanks Abroad
- Fans plan protest after Saints replace Adkins with Pochettino — The Guardian
- Reading are preparing an offer for Zambia international defender Stopilla Sunzu — Sky Sports
- Southampton’s Mauricio Pochettino will want new miracles at Saints — The Guardian
- Swansea’s Kemy Agustien has been ruled out of action for 4 weeks with an ankle injury — Sky Sports
- Celtic reject Norwich bid for Gary Hooper — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.