SAT, 3PM ET
ICC
ICC
SUN, 10AM ET
ARS
MCFC

Manchester City Home Shirt for 2013-14 Season Leaked [PHOTO]

manchester city new home shirt Manchester City Home Shirt for 2013 14 Season Leaked [PHOTO]

A leaked photo of Manchester City’s new home shirt for the 2013-14 season has been leaked on the Internet.

The photo (pictured above) shows the brand-new Nike design. It’s the first from Nike, who are taking over from Umbro at the end of this season. The sky blue shirt features a white rounded collar with blue trim, while the cuffs on the shirt sleeves features the same white and dark blue combination.

While it’s a simple design, this is another example of an unimaginative design by Nike. It has no soul. It has no redeeming factors or memorable features. It’s a carbon copy Nike design that lacks creativity. It’s a poor effort from a company who has had a checkered past with their soccer shirt designs.

In addition to the Manchester City home shirt, new shirts have been leaked for Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

What do you think of the new shirt? Share your opinion in the comments section below.

H/T Football Shirts.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Manchester City. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Manchester City Home Shirt for 2013-14 Season Leaked [PHOTO]

1. Tim says:

How they can take such an iconic shirt and make it so damn boring is beyond me. Nike rarely, if ever, hits the design sweet spot – either bland or hideous.

2. Man City Blue says:

Oh my God. Did Stevie Wonder design this travesty, absolutely horrible. I wont be buying this for me or anyone else. Bad Bad Bad Bad

3. Lafaitele says:

i ALMOST like it. It has an interesring look to it, but something is missing from it. Hopefully they take some more cracks at it

4. M Owen says:

when was it Iconic to begin with?

5. gaz says:

It’s looks ok!, would need to look closer at the collar and cuffs and try it on maybe?.

6. Dean Stell says:

Heh….these leaked shirts always have the worst photography. I honestly wonder about the circumstances the photos are taken under. Is it like everyone in the room with THE SHIRT goes to the restroom and the culprit ducks into the conference room, wait while his iPhone’s camera app takes 10 seconds to load and then frantically snaps lousy picture before the folks come back from the bathroom?

7. bluemoon70 says:

This is Nike’s first crack at the City kit. I doubt this is what they would come up with. Plus, even leaked shirts don’t ever come out this early. I don’t believe it.

• The Gaffer says:

Leaked shirts do come out this early. In fact, they usually come out earlier than this. I don’t believe it’s their first crack. I believe it’s the real deal.

8. Mark says:

I can absolutely guarantee you this is NOT next seasons MCFC home kit. End of story.

• The Gaffer says:

Come back in July and see for yourself ;)

• Mark says:

I’ll know the details of the kit way before July, trust me

• The Gaffer says:

So why not reveal them now to prove it… unless you work for City or Nike?

• Daniel says:

It’s quite obvious this piece of shirt is not genuine, it’s way too early for it to even get leaked. Look at the ebroidered shield surrounding the badge, that went out of fashion in the 90′s! This shirt has been made in some sweat shop by 13 year old Thai kids so they can put it in a market stall somewhere in Bangkok so they can sell it to the masses of idiotic wankers who actually think its a real one or are too cheap to pay for an original. Come on people, this happens every year, have you not noticed the trend?

9. Bishopville Red says:

The more I see kits, the more I realize how much better Umbro are at this than the others.

Sometimes they’re outrageous (see 1990′s & GK kits) but they always try something significant. The recent “Tailored by Umbro” series has been fabulous.

SB

10. yuuuup says:

FAKE, badge looks like off one of the old thomas cook era shirts

11. Frill Artist says:

Plastic design for a plastic club.

• Melon Man says:

It lacks that certain homeliness that the current Manchester United shirt has, which can also be used to dry wet plates and cutlery upon.

Mind you, at least it doesn’t look like the wearer is going to spontaneously engage in a spot of egg-chasing like the other offering from Trafford did a couple of season’s ago :)

• Why? says:

Hilarious. How ironic coming from a plastic fan!!

• Marc L says:

I have to temporarily suspend my “treat American plastic rags with only quiet contempt” rule to respond to this.

So. Not enough going on up there in Michigan (IIRC) so that you have to constantly run smack about how YOUR club is just so great? Like what was your thought process? Oooooh! I’ll follow an EPL club! I’ll pick MAN UNITED so that I can glory hunt trophy after trophy and go around talking junk to other people!

I’m American but I go to matches in England multiple times a year and have for the better part of a decade. I’ve come to know some Mancunian Reds who are pretty good guys, all things considered.

One of them showed me a picture of his granddad at the OT in 1939. And then him with his dad and graddad in 1976. And you know what? THOSE GUYS UTTERLY HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU. ALL OF THEM DO. EVERY LAST ONE THAT I HAVE EVER SPOKEN TO HATES PLASTIC RAGS LIKE YOURSELF. They have contempt for you.

So next time you talk junk to City or LFC or whoever before prancing about your Mom’s basement in your sparkling new Van Pervy shirt, just think on the fact that real Reds would rip the likes of you apart and sell you for scrap. Verbally, if you’re lucky. But some of those boys are pretty rough characters and it might even go past that.

12. Andy says:

That looks very fake. It looks like the kind of knock-off you would buy from some street vendor. If it is real, then very embarrassing effort by Nike.

13. Mufc77 says:

Looks like $hit as usual then again Utds new top isn’t exactly the best either. The last couple of “leaked” jerseys that’s been posted here have turned out to be accurate.

It amazes me how a company like Nike can continue to design such ugly jerseys year after year. It will be interesting to see if the Glaizers stay with Nike or jump ship to Adidas when our deal with Nike expires. Whoever we end up with its going to cost the a boat load of money to be associated with us again.

14. john griffiths says:

what a pile of tosh, no chance that this is the kit for next season, i would put my house on it! first off it won’t have that around the badge! codswallop if you ask me :-)

15. BillAndy22 says:

The tag on the neck looks like a typical Adidas tag from years ago. Can’t see Nike copying that in a hurry.

16. Wayne says:

Absolute sh*t design, boring, no style..Its like going back 20 years.. I thought the Rags current picnic table shirt was bad but this is a very close second….Get rid of NIKE

17. karl gaffney says:

i can’t actually believe people think this is gonna be the kit and are saying how bad it looks, ’cause it really isn’t going to be the kit for next season i guarantee! some people

18. Harry Cee says:

Even as a MUFC supporter I agree that this is a DRY looking kit. I really wonder about Nike sometimes. I even hate some of the design changes they made when taking over the NFL this season.

19. Marc L says:

Oh, so totally fake. I have seen a different leaked design that looks a bit more convincing.

20. Daniel says:

Hahaha no chance! Not even Nike could make such a poor looking shirt. Quality wise it looks like one of those knock off shirts from Thailand that float around on ebay all the time, not a sausage! No chance will this be real.

21. MmMMmmMm says:

Clean and simple. I like it. Less is more. You want gaudy overdesign, go watch Serie A.

22. m kelly says:

Should have stayed with umbro nike is rubbish at kits and over priced

23. micko blue says:

Nike kits lack style, just look at the rags checked effort umbro by far the best there is .. shame on city ill stick to the retro shirt from now on

24. jtm371 says:

nike sucks go with Adidas. they have screwed up the NFL jerseys with a fake collar with some of the teams awful. plus they still back L armstrong.

25. lun gwite says:

can anyone think of something bettr.