Fabrice Muamba, the Bolton midfielder who collapsed on the pitch at White Hart Lane last season, has blamed his collapse on intensive training he was doing at the club.
If true, it makes you wonder how closely Premier League clubs are keeping an eye on how much their players train, to ensure that they balance the sessions.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Fabrice Muamba puts collapse down to intensive training — The Mail
- Daniel Agger insists Liverpool have improved despite worse league position than 12 months ago — The Independent
- Bantr Goes International To Offer Soccer Fans A First Screen Experience — Apparently — TechCrunch
- Liverpool negotiating with Chelsea over Daniel Sturridge transfer — The Independent
- Rafa Benitez rules out Romelu Lukaku return to Chelsea — Sky Sports
- Champions League exertions are no excuse for Arsenal’s woeful domestic form — The Independent
- Andy Carroll interviewed by police after alleged assault on photographer in Dublin — The Telegraph
- Ryan Nelsen demands players take responsibility for QPR plight — The Independent
- Old Trafford is the only stage big enough for Mourinho — Life’s A Pitch
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.