Referee Mark Clattenburg has been removed from this weekend’s fixtures as the Football Association is set to examine Chelsea’s racism claim. Clattenburg’s diabolical refereeing decisions was one thing. But now his alleged words have created a storm of controversy.
Here are the Premier League news headlines tonight:
- Mark Clattenburg is stood down as FA examines Chelsea racism claim — The Guardian
- Chelsea stand by Clattenburg claims as FA starts investigation — The Independent
- Steven Gerrard describes Everton as big, physical long-ball merchants — The Guardian
- Met Police have been asked to investigate whether Mark Clattenburg made racist remarks — Sky Sports
- Manchester City’s Micah Richards out for eight weeks with knee injury — The Guardian
- IMC acquires Premier League rights in Caribbean — Premier League
- Wayne Rooney the only Englishman in the running for Fifa Ballon D’Or — The Independent
- Demba Ba could be a doubt for Liverpool trip — The Independent
- Capital One Cup: full match previews — The Telegraph
- BT acquires rights to leagues in Italy, France, Brazil and USA — SportsPro
- Swansea City set to make changes for “special” clash at Liverpool FC — Wales Online
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.