You have to see this video to believe it. Unbelievably, the Serbian FA has released what appears to be a doctored video showing how wonderfully well behaved their supporters were during the mid-week Serbia against England u21 match. They’ve carefully crafted a highlight reel, which completely avoids all of the post final whistle monkey chanting and provocation aimed at England players. And, instead, they’ve produced a video that selectively shows the crowd acting well behaved.
All that’s seemingly missing from this video is a laugh track, and it’d be complete. Listen to the audio from the video below, and it almost sounds like the applause is canned, filtered in to make it seem that the crowd is applauding the England footballers, particularly Danny Rose. What nonsense.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Serbian FA release smear video on YouTube challenging Danny Rose’s racist chant claims — 101 Great Goals
- Several networks submit bids for US Rights To EPL ahead of today’s deadline — Sports Business Daily
- Why the blazers ousted FA chairman Bernstein — The Daily Mail
- Brendan Rodgers confident Liverpool will fund January striker signing — The Guardian
- Tottenham blow as Scott Parker ruled out until Christmas — The Daily Mail
- Roy Hodgson concedes England are in a dog fight for World Cup qualification — The Guardian
- Lazio fined £32,500 for fans’ monkey chants at Spurs stars — The Daily Mail
- Joe Allen: I want to improve at Liverpool to reach level of Luka Modric — The Telegraph
- Cheapest season ticket at Newport County costs more that that of Man City — Wales Online
- Man United to build £25m Carrington medical centre to prevent injury woes — The Daily Mail
- Man United’s chief executive David Gill named FA vice-chairman — The Independent
- Chelsea punish John Terry but keep him as captain — The Guardian
- Southampton’s £12m signing Gaston Ramirez out for six weeks — The Independent
- Serbian FA issues qualified apology — The Guardian
- Reading striker Adam Le Fondre signs new deal — Sky Sports
- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea: Key tactical battles — Cartilage Free Captain
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.