It looks like Bobby Zamora has sour grapes regarding his departure from the greener pastures of Fulham to the relegation threatened Queens Park Rangers. The gifted striker claims that most Fulham players are unhappy with Martin Jol and that many players, himself included, didn’t see eye-to-eye with Jol, which is why many of them such as Dembele, Dempsey and Andy Johnson left.
To me, this sounds like a striker who is lashing out to deflect the blame and pressure away from himself, with the club sitting at the bottom of the league, and to try to switch the subject to something else entirely.
Mark your calendars for December 15 when QPR hosts Fulham. Who knows whether Mark Hughes will be in charge by then.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Most Fulham players are unhappy with Martin Jol, claims Bobby Zamora — The Guardian
- Ferguson considering move to take Robert Lewandowski to Man United — The Telegraph
- Arsenal’s Abou Diaby out for three weeks — Premier League
- Why Man City should fear Robert Lewandowski — BBC Sport
- Why Gary Neville is out on his own when it comes to TV punditry — The Guardian
- Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar announces international retirement — The Independent
- Jonny Evans leg injury a concern for Manchester United ahead of Newcastle trip — The Telegraph
- Npower Will End Its Football League Title Sponsorship At Season’s End — Sports Business Daily
- Wigan’s Jordi Gomez has red rescinded — BBC Sport
- Suso to be offered Liverpool deal — FOX Soccer
- Wigan invite Oman striker Eid Al Farsi on one-week trial — The Daily Mail
- The State of Analytics: Help stop soccer data abuse! — The Footy Blog
- FA Ref arrested on hacking suspicion — The Guardian
- Ex-Germany captain Ballack retires from football — UEFA
- Roy Keane puts possible move to Turkey on hold after being tempted by Blackburn vacancy — The Guardian
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer linked with Blackburn Rovers job — Manchester Evening News
- Steven Fletcher ends Scotland exile and targets World Cup qualifiers — The Telegraph
- Abou Diaby’s vulnerability to injury slows Arsenal on road to recovery — The Guardian
- Ryder Cup hero Sergio Garcia snubs victory press conference for Swansea City visit — Wales Online
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.