Roy Hodgson is concerned over the lack of English talent in the Premier League. While this shouldn’t be a surprise to Hodgson, it’s a bit of a cop-out in my opinion. There is plenty of English talent in the Premier League. You just have to be willing to try out players such as Grant Holt, Nathan Dyer, Danny Graham, Matt Jarvis, etc.
Here are the England and Premier League news headlines for today:
- Roy Hodgson concerned over lack of English talent in Premier League — The Telegraph
- Chelsea face battle to retain Oriol Romeu amid Valencia interest — The Independent
- Shinji Kagawa hands Man United another injury headache — The Daily Mail
- West Ham is waiting on FIFA clarification over whether they have signed Abiola Badirou — Sky Sports
- Petr Cech will not play in tonight’s friendly international against Finland — Chelsea FC
- Uefa withholds prize money from 23 clubs in first fair play sanctions — The Guardian