Arsenal midfielder Alex Song is close to landing a deal with Barcelona, which will certainly outrage Gunners manager Arsene Wenger after everything the manager has done to help grow Song as a superb lynchpin in the centre of the field for Arsenal.
Whether a deal is close or if it’s newspaper tattle, we’ll have to wait and see. But it’s certainly an interesting story to watch.
Tonight marks a new feature to EPL Talk — a nightly news round-up of all of the major stories that you’ll read in tomorrow’s British online newspapers. It’s tomorrow’s EPL news today, delivered to you before you call it a night. I hope you like the idea.
Here are the latest Premier League news headlines:
- Barcelona close to clinching £15m move for Arsenal’s Song — The Independent
- Arsenal and Manchester United making progress over Robin van Persie transfer — The Telegraph
- Everton close to £6m signing of Belgium striker Kevin Mirallas — The Guardian
- Manchester United on verge of signing Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez — The Independent
- Wigan have signed Levante’s Ivory Coast striker Arouna Kone for around £2.7million — The Daily Mail
- Aaron Ramsey willing to forget his injury feud with Ryan Shawcross — The Independent
- Darren Fletcher returns to Manchester United squad for match against Aberdeen — The Telegraph
- Swansea have accepted a bid from Blackpool for Stephen Dobbie — Sky Sports
- Chris Coleman defends West Ham withdrawals from Wales squad — The Guardian
- Manchester United star Danny Welbeck has agreed a new deal at Old Trafford — Sky Sports
- Frank Lampard will captain England against Italy — The Daily Mail
- Roy Hodgson puts England revolution on hold and opts for evolution — The Guardian
- Huddersfield to sign Simon Church on loan from Reading — The Daily Mail
- England’s manager Roy Hodgson hopes that John Terry will be cleared — The Guardian