MON, 3PM ET
ATL
OLY
TUES, 2:45PM ET
JUV
MAL

Everton Agrees Three-Year Deal With Nike to Become its New Kit Manufacturer

goodison park Everton Agrees Three Year Deal With Nike to Become its New Kit Manufacturer

Everton has agreed a three-year deal with Nike to be their kit manufacturers beginning with the 2012-13 season.

The Toffees may wear their new Nike home shirt as early as their final home match of the season against Newcastle United on Sunday, May 13, 2012, according to the Liverpool Echo newspaper.

The deal comes as a result of Everton’s established £30m contract with sports retailers Kitbag to market the club’s merchandise worldwide.

This is the first time a club from Liverpool has worn Nike. Everton currently wear football kits designed by Le Coq Sportif, while Umbro has been a mainstay in the design of their shirts in previous years. Liverpool FC is renowned for wearing Adidas and Umbro brands, but Liverpool will wear shirts made by Warrior Sports beginning next season.

What do you make of the news? Are you looking forward to seeing what design Nike reveals for Everton, or would you have preferred if Everton had selected a different manufacturer instead?

This entry was posted in Everton, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Everton Agrees Three-Year Deal With Nike to Become its New Kit Manufacturer

1. Sed says:

I’m hopeful that this will mean that it will be easier to purchase an Everton kit here in the US!

• RBP says:

That’s unlikely to happen, they have a contract with Kitbag who deals with the actual distribution of the kits, unfortunately the Nike deal won’t affect that.

2. Ryan says:

I hope they wear pink again, so I can laugh at them.

…I kid. Good for Everton, Nike produces some sharp kits.

3. Jake I says:

Awesome! Will finally be buying an Everton kit, at the shorts for sure! Been waiting for this!

4. Eric says:

This is great from the stand point of getting the Everton name out there in more places around the world. It should make it much easier for someone looking to buy a kit. I went to the Everton vs. DC United match this past summer at RFK Stadium and was disappointed I wasn’t able to get my hands on any Everton apparel.

Nike will have their work cut out for them though. Le Coq Sportif designed two fantastic kits this year. Hopefully Nike will be able to do the same next year.

5. RBP says:

Le Coq Sportif was really hit or miss with their designs for Everton, though I think all three this year are absolutely wonderful. That being said, taking a look at all the kits Nike has done for the Euros this year, I’m really excited. They’ve made some really gorgeous outfits.

• Bishopville Red says:

I agree that LCS was hit or miss, but I did appreciate the effort they put in to it. Nike has made sharp kits in the past, but more of what I’m seeing around the Euro national teams is disappointing. I hope Everton can get their shirt into more hands with a Nike deal, but I really hope the shirt is worth buying.

6. JD Wahoo says:

I agree that having Nike’s marketing muscle behind Everton is a good thing in general, but not sure I understand the comments about difficulty in buying kits – they are all available at Everton’s website for shipping to the US. My wife bought me a Leighton Baines home shirt for my birthday, and I’m thinking of getting the amber kit as well. I certainly won’t object to having them available in stores, though.

LCS was definitely hit-or-miss – the 09-10 home kit that appeared to have a built-in sports bra was perhaps the low point in the history of kit manufacturers worldwide, but last year’s off-white third kit was one of my favorite kits ever. Wish I’d thought to order it before they sold out.

7. Mike says:

Although you can buy the Everton kit at the team website, shipping to the US was absolute murder. I think I ended up paying about 90-100 dollars for a short sleeve shirt after the shipping and dollar to pound conversion. Id more then likely buy a home and away if available in the states for the same price of one from England.

• evan says:

I found it to be the other way around.
      The shirts on Man City’s official store were around 50-60 dollars with shipping to the US.
      Soccer.com or worldsoccershop wanted 80 dollars, not including the price of shipping for the same shirt. Buying from a US seller doesn’t guarantee a low price.

Man City always has great sales and deals on club merchandise.

8. MJMarch says:

LCS made some surprisingy good kits for Everton, but a Nike deal is certainly an upgrade. Good for Everton.

9. Brian says:

Last year’s third-kit was a masterpiece…one of my favorite shirts of the year (though as an Evertonian, I am terribly biased). And I ended up getting two for the price of one because of a SNAFU on Everton’s website.

10. Nickyirishboy says:

Unbelievable!!! I’m waiting decent kits of Toffees’ kits manufactured by Nike!!!

11. Mark says:

Umbro is owned by Nike so technically a Liverpool club HAS worn Nike. Fulham and Aston Villa left Nike due to quality issues so will be interesting to follow. Also looking forward to see how Under Armour (Spurs) and Warrior (Liverpool) fare in the EPL next season

12. roger says: