MON, 3PM ET
TUES, 2:45PM ET
BAR
AJA
TUES, 2:45PM ET
SCH
SPC

What Premier League Essentials Can’t You Live Without?

superman 600x397 What Premier League Essentials Cant You Live Without?

Outside of the TV coverage of the actual matches themselves, what are the things that you can’t live without when it comes to following the Premier League?

For example, what TV shows, radio shows, websites, phone apps, plug-ins, or anything else do you use that are the most important to you — whether they’re legal or illegal? These could be things that help enrich the experience of following or watching your favorite Premier League club. And they don’t have to be things that are in the country where you live. They can be anything worldwide.

Please list your list in the comments section below. The information will be helpful for a project I’m working on, and I want to thank you in advance for taking 30 seconds to share your feedback.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Premier League. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to What Premier League Essentials Can’t You Live Without?

1. Mitch Rapp says:

Playing fantasy footbal on premierleague.com
    Men In Blazers podcast on Grantland.com
    Zonalmarking.net
    whoscored.com
    fantasyfootballscout.co.uk
    and of course epltalk.com

2. patrick starr says:

Match of the Day 1, 2, and 3

3. Casey G. says:

for me, hands down, the ESPNSoccernet Podcast is the best Premier League based podcast.

• CTBlues says:

I really like the espnsoccernet podcast, but I can only take so much John Brewin. I wish he was only on like once a month. His love for ManU bleeds a little too much through a general weekend rap up podcast. I know Dan Mason does his West Ham corner piece but his affiliation with the hammers is pertty much set aside when he talks about the EPL.

4. Jason says:

Sky Sports website for latest news, live scores and also keeping up with cricket scores and news.
    Liverpoolfc.tv for Liverpool news.
    goltv.tv for La Liga and Bundesliga news and tv schedule.
    epltalk.com

5. Andrew says:

-Epltalk.com for something different
    -Skysports.com for news
    -Foxsoccer.com for broadcast schedules
    -Zonal Marking for soccer knowledge
    -Premierleague.com for fantasy
    -Manutd.com for team news
    -Daily Mail

BOOM!

6. larry says:

foxsoccer.tv

I understand there have been some complaints about the live streaming but as a U.S. West Coaster, that really isn’t a factor for me. Looks great OnDemand. Between Fox Soccer Channel, ESPN2/3 and foxsoccer.tv, I watch every game every week whenever I want. Last year, I maybe missed 5 games all year.

The only annoying part is when ESPN2 isn’t the first game of the weekend since they give away all the scores so I have to watch that game last on DVR.

7. Todd says:

The Premier League’s Fantasy game is a must, and to go along with that, Physioroom.com for the best up to date(& accurate) injury notices. I enjoy EPL talk, obviously, and ESPN Soccernet for updates.

8. Franklin says:

A game of Two halves podcast, EPlTalk podcasts, and espn soccernet for news

9. The Gaffer says:

Good feedback so far, everyone. But while websites and podcasts are important, I also want to know what else are on your “can’t live without” lists. Which TV shows, apps, hardware, etc do you watch or use to get the best Premier League coverage possible?

• Todd says:

Goals on Sunday is okay if I have Sunday afternoon free. Mostly I’ll watch Sky Sport News for the updates. I can do without Wynalda’s drivel on FSC.

10. trickybrkn says:

BBC, The gossip section is a great round up of would be moves… KUMB.com, my teams fan site… footymad.net great place to banter with your own club and those of all league clubs. The NY Times soccer blog, guardian.com. and the independent.co.uk and sometimes espn.

11. BA14 says:

FOX soccer app on Sunday mornings when I have to work..catch live streaming action.
    The weekly “fox in the box”

12. Raghuthaman says:

For me it is the following:

INTERNET
    1) EPL Talk
    2) ESPN
    3) FoxSoccer.com
    4) ManUtd.com

PODCASTS
    1) EPL Talk
    2) ESPN Soccernet
    3) ESPN Press Pass
    4) 5 Live Daily
    5) Football Weekly with James Richardson
    6) The Football Ramble
    7) Written Offsides- Can They Score
    8) BBC Red Wednesday
    ** I tried the Men with Blazers podcasts, but those guys do not talk Footy, they talk too much nonsense.

MISC
    1) Soccerlens.com
    2) World Soccer Shop
    3) Kitbag
    4) Football United Blogs
    5) Redcafe.net

I know that is a lot, but since I have fallen in love with the game, I just cant get enough. I am also looking for any new blogs or sites.

13. Raghuthaman says:

I should also mention that eBay is where I get most of my footy related gear. Great deals.

14. Mufc77 says:

To be honest there isn’t much I can’t live without. As long as I can watch all the United games on FSC/Espn I’m set. I used to watch the old Fox fotball phone in show with the the Chelsea geezer and the other fat fella that supported Liverpool, not because they where great football pundits but because it covered the EPL.I have zero interest in the MLS and have never watched a game. Don’t really have much use for apps either.

My daily morning ritual at work would be reading The Guardian or Independent web site for any football biz followed by the Republik of Mancunia web site for Utd news. Then finaly stumble over here to Epl talk for a bit of banter with fans from other teams.

The only other blog I would follow would be Articles posted by The Swiss Ramble who I had never herd of until you mentioned him on here.

• Alan Knut says:

Same here! I just need to watch my team. So… internet connection is all I really need. I don’t use a specific site, I could find a free stream anywhere so I dont’ rely on a single source. I mostly use Epltalk for their TV schedule.

I dislike internet punditry, so I can easily do without seeing that again. Not a lot of smart people out there…

Apps are just light programs that compile data that is in greater abundance on the internet.

15. Jack Tomczuk says:

The Premier League review show is really nice because there is no Match of the Day shown in the United States, at least not on my television. As far as podcasts, I listen to a ton of them and most have already been mentioned, so I won’t list them.

Websites include EPL Talk, The Guardian website, and the rest of the British media sites. As far as programs, Sopcast is a very useful program, not that I’ve ever used it…

16. Jason says:

The most important hardware is a computer. I use a laptop to visit websites for EPL news and views (sky sports, epl talk, fox sports, espn) and most importantly to access foxsoccer.tv which I watch on the laptop when there’s another game on FS or I connect it to my 50″ HD TV. I also use my home desktop to visit the above web sites for schedules and news. At work I use my desktop computer to watch games on foxsoccer.tv and espn3.com.

17. Harry Cee says:

Most important essentials:

- other fans who I can share the love of the game with

- since no one wanted or forgot to say it… footytube.com

- Flipboard app on my iPad to keep up with all of the news

18. @stevephil says:

Great post. For me it is quite a bit:

Internet:

Inside Tottenham FC
    Official Barclays Premier League
    TheGame
    5 Live Football Daily
    606 Football Phone In

19. goody1701 says:

For the SiriusXM subscribers, there is “The Football Show” Weekdays 7 am – 9 am ET (Ch 92 (Sirius) or Ch. 207 (XM) ). “Legendary soccer star Giorgio Chinaglia(NY Cosmos) and Charlie Stillitano cover the best teams and leagues from around the globe with expert analysis and interviews with the sport’s most intriguing personalities.”

They are very well connected to football clubs in England, Spain and Italy.

If I could only keep one source outside the actual games themselves, this would be it.

20. MG says:

EPLTalk
    MatchHighlight.com
    101GreatGoals.com
    (footytube to a lesser extent)
    ESPN Scorecenter app
    Arsenal.com
    Arseblog.com
    The Tuesday Club podcast (Ian Stone, Alan Davies etc)
    Footballistically Arsenal Podcast
    Arsenal Fan’s Forum Podcast, hosted by Tom Watt (great listen and a must for all Gooner)
    ESPN Soccernet Podcast
    Football Weekly (Guardian podcast)
    The Whistleblowers podcast
    etc

21. Sluggo63 says:

I’m on the road quite a bit with work, so my SlingBox is essential for watching football on the weekends. Also, in order to be able to watch foxsoccer.tv in other countries, a VPN is also a MUST for me.

Add to this all the standard blogs/websites that are listed above.

22. Kenda Boyum says:

Nice post. I was watching continuously this site and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specifically the last part I care for such info much. I was looking for this particular info for a long time. Thanks and best of luck.