FRI, 2:30PM ET
CHI
HOU
FRI, 8:30PM ET
USA
MEX

EA Sports Unveils North American Cover for FIFA 12 Game: Guess Who Is Featured

fifa 12 north america cover1 EA Sports Unveils North American Cover for FIFA 12 Game: Guess Who Is Featured

EA Sports has unveiled the cover for FIFA 12 which will be distributed in the United States.

Gracing the cover are Landon Donovan, Wayne Rooney and Rafa Marquez. That takes care of MLS/US soccer fans, eurosnobs and the hispanic market — which make up a large contingent of soccer fans in the US of A. Having Landon Donovan featured (again) isn’t a surprise (doesn’t he seem to be the poster child for almost everything US soccer-related in the States).

Meanwhile, the UK version of the game will feature Jack Wilshere and Wayne Rooney on the cover.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to EA Sports Unveils North American Cover for FIFA 12 Game: Guess Who Is Featured

1. Brian says:

Eurosnobs??? Really? And this is an EPL site? I guess I’ll stop subscribing if you insist on insulting your core audience (fans of the EPL).

• The Gaffer says:

Brian, I think Alex was doing some tongue-in-cheek humor.

We value our core audience and would never intentionally upset them. I’m in the same boat too.

• Robin says:

Gaffer I understand what you are saying but come on I am from England (which of course is in Europe) and your from Wales which is also in Europe and you tell me you can sit there and deal with the term eurosnob. Heck I might be British but I still love my Major League Soccer (I have to go on the Red Bulls facebook page almost every second to calm down angry fans), I cheer for the USMNT, and I even watch my fair share of MLB, NBA, and NHL.

• ThompsonLives says:

You’re quite right, Gaffer. But the term still irks me. Yes, I’m a Eurosnob. Excuse the hell out of me for wanting to watch the sport at its highest level. I don’t watch the USFL or Canadian Football, either. I watch the NFL.

Using “Eurosnob” logic, no one overseas should watch the NBA.

• Nathan says:

Pipe down…it’s not gaffers fault u have low self esteem

• Matt says:

clearly tongue-in-cheek. I actually laughed at it.

• Pakapala says:

<<>>

@ThompsonLives
        There’s a difference between watching the NBA and watching the NBA exclusively under the pretense that your national league is not top notch basketball.
        Using your logic (watching only the top league in the world), everyone around the world should only follow the EPL or La Liga and forget about supporting their own local team or league, whether they’re in Brazil, US, France, Sweden, etc…

• ThompsonLives says:

Never said I only watch the PL. If I did, please point out that part of my comment. But I certainly watch it a lot more often than MLS, for myriad reasons. 1. It’s more entertaining. 2. I have longer ties to my PL team than any team in MLS. 3. PL matches are on at a much more convenient time for me.

Also, compared with the NBA, there isn’t another league that could consider itself top-notch basketball. I’ve seen Euroleague games. Meh.

2. Allen says:

Effing Rafael Marquez.

3. @RichardMUFC says:

I’m

4. Steve says:

I was hoping for Dempsey and Chicarito.

5. sam says:

Jesus christo! These 3 goons again?? If I see Wayne Rooney’s ugly mug one more time I might just hurl.

6. Matt says:

Marquez=fail. Should have been Chicharito or even Dos Santos. not that thug.

• TJ says:

I agree with Chicharito or someone besides Marquez. However, that person shouldn’t be Dos Santos. Giovani gets absolutely no game time at Spurs. If there was any kind of market for his services, he would out of the EPL. It appears there isn’t and he will spend another season riding Spurs bench. Dos Santos isn’t the man to put on a cover of anything.

7. Jason Gatties says:

Can EA toss Clint a bone one of these years? I mean after all, he is our best current national team player. If the Fulham jersey confuses my dumb fellow countrymen, put him on the cover in his USA kit.

8. BD says:

Hmm….So I guess I will be buying FIFA 12 the day it comes out. I will put the disc in my PS3 and throw the cover away. No need to look at that. Tired of Rooney, Donovan = OVERRATED, Marquez = hilarious.

9. mauro says:

YO QUISIERA SAVER POR Q PUTAS MADRES SIEMPRE AHY UN COBER UGLY ..
    SIEMPRE HAY UN MEXICANO NO TENGO NADA CONTRA ELLOS PERO DIME .. HAY DIOS MIO POR Q NUNCA UN SUDAMERICANO Q ALGUIEN ME EPLIQUE PLEASE ..

10. WHY???? STUPID EA says:

WHY??? IS DONOVAN IN THE CENTER IS HE SPECIAL OR SOMETHING? IN THAT CASE WHY ISN’T MARQUEZ IN THE CENTER HE IS WAY WAY BETTER THN DONOVAN, HE HAS WON MANY, MANY MORE THINGS THAN DONOVAN. LET ROONEY BE IN THE CENTER HE IS BETTER THAN BOTH HE PLAYS IN EUROPE. STUPID EA SPORTS CANADA KISSING THE U.S. ASS

11. Escrapini says:

I wish I was a fly on the wall during the meeting in which U.S. Soccer decided to make the painfully average Donovan the poster-boy for Soccer in the U.S