TUES, 2:45PM ET
ARS
BES
WED, 2:45PM ET
BRA
LUFC

EA Sports Previews FIFA 12′s New Player Impact Engine: Video

We’ve heard a lot of talk already about the improved Player Impact Engine which will debut in FIFA 12 on September 27 in the US and September in Europe, but what does the addition of “real world physicality” really mean in a video game?

In the above video, FIFA 12′s Lead Gameplay Producer Aaron McHardy shows several examples of the dramatic differences between the Player Impact Engine in FIFA 12 compared to FIFA 11. Not only do the tackles look more authentic, but so too does the contact between the colliding players are more.

In other news, Andy Gray will not be the co-commentator for FIFA 12. Joining lead commentator Martin Tyler will be co-commentator Alan Smith instead. FIFA 12 will also feature a second commentary team. Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend will share the mic for tournament gameplay.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to EA Sports Previews FIFA 12′s New Player Impact Engine: Video

1. Andrew says:

I can’t even put into words how disappointing it is that Alan Smith will be in FIFA. I wonder how long it’ll be before I get sick of Tyldesley and Townsend and switch to Arabic or some other language I don’t speak. I’m guessing Tyldesley and Townsend will be mostly recycled commentary from their last few appearances in EA games, and while it’s nice that Martin Tyler will finally have a few new lines, I do wonder if Alan Smith’s grating voice and bias against any non-London team will come through as clearly in game as it does on his television broadcasts.

All in all, not a big complaint, I suppose. After all, I play the game for the gameplay, not the commentators. But it would be nice to have ones that I actually like other than Martin Tyler.

• Edikan says:

I would really like if they got Ian Darke. I love his commentating. It adds as well as brings more excitement to the game. Alan Smith = boring. Though it will be an interesting change.

• Lars says:

I normally turn off the commentators after a couple of days of play…Or, once they’ve cycled through all their repertoire of sayings.

2. Marc says:

Just bought a 360 just for this game. Can’t wait until it comes out. No more Fifa on the Wii for me.

3. Connor says:

Should have been Chris Coleman.

4. Cesar says:

HA! You think the announcers for EPL matches are bad try watching La Liga on GolTV. The Barcelona bias is excruciatingly painful especially from Ray Hudson who must wear blaugrana undies.

• [OPTI]Madschester United says:

GolTV commentary is so bad, I switch to Spanish just for the effect (I don’t understand spanish).

“MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIII…..”
      “This is WORLD CLASS from Barca…”

It makes me vomit…

5. Dan says:

pretty sure this video has been out for near of a month. Wish people would stop cluttering up google with re-posts, it makes it harder to find actual news

• The Gaffer says:

Dan, the video was released yesterday by EA Sports. It’s brand new.

• Brad says:

Gaffer, while EA Sports might have just released it on their site, the video has been out for a while. If you scroll down on this link you will see that it was posted on Fifa Soccer Blog a few weeks ago (June 17th):

I appreciate the Fifa 12 updates but this video is definitely not brand new. I also recommend fifasoccerblog.com for anyone looking for up to the date FIFA 12 news. They always have new info right when it becomes available.

• Keith says:

Dan if your desperate for FIFA 12 news why not RSS feed a blog that talks about it.

Grow up. Sorry it took you 2 seconds to click the back button.

6. LM10 says:

I would rather have Ian Darke, or Ruud Gullit, or, above all else, RAY HUDSON :D

7. felix says:

nie kupujcie polskiej wersji!!!