MON, 3PM ET
ATH1
TUES, 2:45PM ET
PSG3
AJA1

Arsenal Away Shirt for 2011-12 Season: New Photos Leaked

arsenal away shirt 11 Arsenal Away Shirt for 2011 12 Season: New Photos Leaked

New photos have been leaked on the Internet showing Arsenal’s away shirt for the 2011-12 Premier League season.

Designed by Nike, the photo reveals an Arsenal away shirt that is dark blue and cyan blue. With a diagonal design on the short, the upper half is dark blue, while the lower half is cyan blue. One sleeve is dark blue, while the other one is cyan blue. The back, meanwhile, is dark blue.

Arsenal’s crest to celebrate its 125th year anniversary is in reverse type to make it stand out from the dark background.

What do you think of the new shirt design? Share your opinion in the comments section below. And don’t forget, for the widest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 teams, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

More pictures after the jump.

arsenal away kit 21 Arsenal Away Shirt for 2011 12 Season: New Photos Leaked

arsenal away shirt 31 Arsenal Away Shirt for 2011 12 Season: New Photos Leaked

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

84 Responses to Arsenal Away Shirt for 2011-12 Season: New Photos Leaked

1. JonTron says:

I personally do not like it…I know that the blue kits generally sell better, but I have always been a fan of the yellow ones. There’s always next season (haha there has to be some sort of joke on Arsenal in that statement…)

2. sam says:

I don’t get it…This is a commemorative season so why not go with the traditional away colors?

3. Grant says:

….and the Gunners are on the track…..AND THEY’RE OFF!….is Fabulgas in the lead with Arseshaving and Arveepee neck and neck for second, followed up by Chamakh My Beach Up, and the three-legged racing Ram-shere! They’re rounding the last furlong and….oh my lord, here comes The Verminator!

4. Chike Nicholas says:

The best of the away jerseys of ??next season i have seen ???S???????????? ??? far

5. Jake Islas says:

didn’t like this design when the first leaked photos came out, but I have to say now I think once it’s seen on the pitch I think it will look great. every year when a new kit comes out and it looks ugly it seems that most of them eventually look great on the pitch, i.e. United white away kit last year.

Unfortunately, on the pitch appearance does not equal me purchasing one as I don’t think it will look good to just wear.

6. the realist says:

as a football jersey, I like it. as an Arsenal football jersey, doesn’t seem right and I don’t like it.

• nc says:

Well put. I’d also add that seeing the shorts/socks that will go with it will be important . Those navy away shirts with the collar they wore a couple years ago were atrocious.

7. irish gooner says:

i like it!!!!!!,,,will look great with nasri on the back :)

• gingergod says:

you need a scumchester untied shirt to make nasri plausible on the back ;-). must say i do actually like this and i like the liverpoo away also and the spurs 3rd is class

8. Prinz wolez says:

In every away kit of the season they are using different colour. I like the away shirt

9. Dahir jakusko says:

Infact its perfect for the season of revolution. G 4 real.

10. wabyak says:

I like design away jersey,is a nice one

11. Desmond loveridge says:

Wow nice kit arsenal

12. ArsenalFC says:

I dont have a problem with the look, but at least have the badge in RED. Red is Arsenal’s traditional color and the badge should reflect that. This football industry of sponsors, board members, and owners seem to be getting more and more out of touch with the true fans. They get to control how the jersey looks, how much to pay for ticket prices. As an Arsenal fan living in the States, I was upset to hear that they’ve increased the prices of season ticket holders after 6 years of winning nothing and I get to watch them for just $13 a month on FSC. The first priority should always be the local fans supporting that club, not global fans.

13. solo says:

I like it but it’s not all about the jersey but winning trophies.

14. kunle kesh says:

Arsenal all the way…always bringing mad designs every time….never afrais to do something unusual…dis is unusual but looks great…would look nice on my black or blue denim and my black toms or sneakers…haha!
    Gunners fu lyfe…2011/2012 season is ours all d way! I believe!

15. Docbrody says:

I like it. I think its one of the cooler kits I’ve seen in the last 10 years.

16. Gillian says:

Um, no.

17. Nelson says:

Not a fan. Last years away kit was the best in the EPL IMO. That’s what sucks, when you get one you really like it’s only for a year.

18. ken says:

the colors combination is really tasteless, the design is awfully flat, it must be that bloody peter hill wood whose got this ideas… hope it wasnt a bad sign of further bad times for all of us Arsenal fans

19. Norfolk Enchants says:

I really like it. Took awhile to grow on me. I’ll be getting one. Better than the away kits from this year. Didn’t care for the yellow and maroon.

20. nicoman says:

too many gooners need to have a look at the Arsenal history of away shirts. Yellow was not our away colour until 1950s. This is a very classy design and colour combination. Spot on for a change now get the player to wear it.

21. Aaron says:

I honestly don’t like it, I mean I liked this seasons yellow but my favorite shirt is the white shirt with v neck and red shorts . I wish Nike would make one like that, there is another picture on the web of an arsenal jersey I don’t like the other one because it looks like the spurs.

22. papeeylo says:

Waoh wat a great kit dis make me 2remember 5season ago where d Gunners worn Blue jersey wit red colour wit O2 sponsor wat a Great……hope 2get mine Inshal Allah.

23. Tacklr says:

Too bad, as it will still clash with Barca colours when we play them at Camp Nou next season. Err… And don’t get me wrong, but isn’t it a regular fixture to play vs. Barca every year? May be we will reserve our banana colours for that certain fixture.

24. Oooh2bAgooNa says:

hated it when the first leak came out but now that i see the formal design it’s not bad and will probably grow on me as the season progresses. as someone said earlier it wasn’t until the 50′s that we started having yellow as our main away color. the long sleeve of this will look even cooler as i have personally always been a fan of different color sleeves and we’ll be the only major club to do so. let’s not complain too much lads it’s not like the kit wins the trophies.

25. Alex R says:

Love it, Arsenal need a new type of kit, all its been is red, red oh yeah red!!!!! but i love this new away kit.

26. JJ Deede says:

It’s an old Wycombe Wanderers kit.

Or is it to appeal simultaneously to both Oxford and Cambridge graduates, as they at least may potentially earn enough to buy season tickets at the new inflated prices.

27. Elliot says:

Much better than the one they had last season.

28. qendrim says:

i’d like to have away kits like 2004-05 they were the best kits ever..:d
    and these are not bad ..I Like them

29. AP says:

Everyone has jumped into the blue bandwagon…Go True Blues

30. jermaine defoe says:

when’s it available then?

31. its nice shirt new year , i wish we with it…………………///???????

32. emrah says:

I’m in love with it – Best kit we’ve had since my 23 yrs as a gooner.

Why is everyone moaning about the style? Why do you all want a Retro old school yellow kit?
    Time moves on, designs change, and Arsenal move ‘forward’.

Also, why moan about the colour? Arsenal have had many blue shirts over the years. If you don’t like it, keep quiet and don’t buy it.

33. peter wadsworth says:

Seriously, please Arsenal, consult with someone with a fashion sense about these away kits. You’re on a global stage and you need to look good, not like this.

34. matthew eke says:

it’s ok

35. JonTron says:

i just think it looks like a training shirt..

36. prakash says:

very oood

37. DeeTee says:

This is a cool Kit. Love it and can wait to have it

38. weldu says:

wow it is nice specially the yellow t shirt

39. VAN PERSIE MLAY says:

I like …it to show something more internal authority on the pitch

40. quan says:

The line should be in the middle straight down. i prefer the dark- blue colour away one that they used in Champoin Leagues last year i remember when Vanpersie was still fresh and with Arshavin and Fab , we were the most dangerous team in Cp.

41. kim says:

I don’t like it. its devoid of our tradition. why not our yellow?

42. fir says:

Dull ! the diagonal design is catastophic! At least have the whole short dark blue with the arsenal crest bright maroon

43. fir says:

Ooops missed out on the sleeves- they can be CYAN with the whole shirt in dark blue and club crest bright maroon

44. This is ridiculous jersey. This jersey is good for a black skin other than white. This will make it very diffecult to identify a player in this kind of color. Now what is going to be the color of the letters to be used for writting names of players and their numbers if I may ask? I guess is going to be black. So try to judge what am trying to talk about.

45. Donfada says:

Please arsenal yellow has been our away kit,the blue colour is not nice and i support all our fans who spoke against it.

46. Nazz A says:

why blue and black…O.o

47. the kids are all fine,but our main problem is dis, goooners need to pay strikers like odewineger,gevinho.cahill,samber,etoo.please pay all dis players,goooners will be reform again for good

48. Wale Coker says:

Cool. i love it.

49. Treach says:

The best i’ve ever seen in recent years…..God bless who ever brought this idea…most wisdom to his/her brain for more better ideas on how to carry silver wares…..white short and white socks will be a perfect match..will win and be the best kit in the whole Europe all around the world this season…Gunners 4 life

50. JONATHAN E. N. TOE says:

it should not be about away kit we want the team to begin winning trophies and laurels, get experienced players and blend them with the young ones or else, the like of nasri, fabragas, walcott, van persie and etc will quit the club

51. GUNNER says:

anyone know the release date for this bad boy?

52. Wambu Enos says:

it is dark, more intimidating and cool. dark insgreat! i dont like the yellow shirt. let us stay with this.

53. kipkoech says:

it is ok with me

54. kipkoech says:

it good for a change,wenger pls buy players

55. Deng Kongor says:

That is a very nice. Arsenal has no problem with kit either away or home but with last the last league games. I am urging the Arsenal team to let us celebrate this reason, we are really thirsty for prides.

56. arsenal is always clean and clear as such lets forge ahead for the greatness,with this new kit the next season is ours,uppppppppppppppppppp master gunners.

57. Chico says:

Woulda preferred yellow but it looks nice anyway, my prob with it is that it’s the same colors as United’s

58. Erick Maliaki says:

the shirt away gams for Arsenal for the year 2011/2012 is no too bad because you cant compare it with the yellow one

59. Coastal Gun says:

Anyone who ever saw the 1991-1993 away kit cannot possibly call this the worst of all time! That kit looked like the bottom of the trench under the latrines at Glasto the year they used yellow bog roll! Seriously, the only thing that made it worse was that it replaced the 1988-1991 shirt which was the yellow body with blue sleeves and second only to the iconic 1970’2 Charlie george falling down at Wembley shirt. Interestingly kits didn’t used to change that often, between 1969 and 1981 our first team strip only changed to the extent that Unbro added a logo or two in 1978. In fact they probably used the same kit season after season literally, I remember an advert for washing powder featuring the Highbury washer wench applauding the products ability to wash reds and whites in the same load without ending up with pink sleeves or still dirty kit. I doubt todays prima donnas where the same shirt twice… imagine trying to get the “Vicks” stain out on a low temperature? For the record this kit’s okay, better than last years rgubarb and custard effort, but the diagonal is too fussy in my view, I like it simple. Bring back the iconic 1970-71 home and away kits, get a sponsor with a cool logo and return to the lonely cannon badge without those damned wings. Okay I’m dreaming!

60. Coastal Gun says:

… and that should have read “I doubt todays prima donnas WEAR the same shirt twice…” and it was the 1970′s when Charlie George did the double!

61. OcakaCharles says:

I personally like like the dicoration and the design as well becouse it deos not resemble of any other team which use similar colour. and i believe it will give moral to both suppoters and the players.R eally it looks wonderful.

62. berhanu says:

oh!it nice ..i love it very much.

63. jacco says:

i love it

64. suraj lanre says:

I’m particular about winning trophies not just putting on jerseys. Arsene wenger should try n change his tactics n also recruit more matured players, atleast 3, one in defence, one in d midfield n d last one in attack. I tink wit dis,d backlay premiership is within reach.

65. smallz says:

i think this new kit is alright and just maybe we might land a trophy this season and keep going from strength to strength so come on you gooners lets try and make it this happen

66. Alexandra says:

Prebooked mine already – booyah!