FIFA 12 Wishlist: 5 New Features That The Game Needs

fifa 12 screenshot 01 FIFA 12 Wishlist: 5 New Features That The Game Needs

The EA Sports FIFA series is one of the best selling games among the sports genre.  For over a decade the game has brought the soccer playing experience to living rooms around the world.  Each updated version introduces new aspects from playing style to graphics.  But even with the most entertaining games, a series can begin to lose its originality and amusement.  Reading through various message boards, I found many gamers were unhappy with some of the aspects of the most recent version, FIFA 11.

With the FIFA 12 game set to be released in the Fall, there have been leaks of screenshots and some new aspects to the game.  Although, it appears that the new features will add to the game playing experience, there are a few more that I would like addressed.

They are:

1.  Franchise Mode: The most recent versions have included a Career Mode, but I want a true Franchise mode similar to what is included in other EA sports games.  I think it would be very interesting to sign players to a team’s academy as well as scout players from around the world.  This might be too in depth for the casual soccer fans, but I think that hardcore fans would enjoy this feature.

2.  Improved Player Development: One thing that has bothered me about FIFA 11 is that many of the players don’t improve their ratings over time no matter how much that a person uses them.  I would like FIFA to use a feature that is included in many of the EA sports games, which is to have specific drills to help a player improve from season to season.  For example, in the Madden Football series, when using the New England Patriots, a gamer can improve Tom Brady’s throwing accuracy rating by performing throwing drills.  So in the case of FIFA, if a gamer wanted to improve Andy Carroll’s dribbling skills, there would be soccer specific drills available to do this.

3. Kit and Stadium Design: In real soccer, a club’s kit and sponsors can change from year to year.  The same is true for a club’s stadium.  I think that would be an interesting feature to help break up the monotony of Career Mode.

4.  Start From Scratch: Again this is something that is available in other EA sports franchises.  I think that ability to start a soccer club from scratch, design the kits, set the budget, hire coaches, choose your league etc. would be an interesting feature.  Then, for example, if the Club was in England, it would be placed in the lowest league and be given the opportunity to move its way up.

5.  All Time Clubs and Players: Imagine playing the 1968 Manchester United team against the current club or Pele’s Brazilian teams against the World Cup winners Spain.  Bringing back the greats of the game would add quite a bit of excitement and would add a fresh experience for the user.

These are just a few improvements that I would like added to FIFA 12.  There are hundreds of you out there who play and love the game as much as I do. What features and improvements would you make?

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

88 Responses to FIFA 12 Wishlist: 5 New Features That The Game Needs

1. Evan says:

I like the idea of creating a club. That would be siiiickkk.

• Tommy says:

You actually can create a club (uniforms and all) via EA Sports Football World (or whatever they call it). It’s rather time consuming and complicated, but you can download the created team to your system and play with them (you may even be able to add them to a specific league and take another team out or something, but I’m not sure; it’s likely that they are only available for Kick-Off and Unranked PVP matches). However, I have a killer squad named Os Mutantes that features players like Cobi Jones, Kobe Bryant, Luka Modric, and a few of my friends from the RL.

• CTBlues says:

I did this but it very lacking in comparison to the other EA Sports game. You can only use the created team in Tournament Mode not in franchise mode, you have to create every player on the team instead of being able to generate the remaining players you need. I would like to be able to add teams to leagues and form conferences or divisions.

I agree with all your points Matt the only thing I would add to yours is a better stadium creator with you able to change the climate and location of the stadium and the addition of some of the major MLS stadiums (RedBull Arena, Home Depot Center, Quest Field, etc) they wouldn’t even have much work to do on Quest Field because it is already in Madden.

2. Kwaku says:

I think they should improve the be a pro and its gameplay engine. I am a FIFA fan but when it comes to controlling just one player I prefer PES. When u start be a pro u jump straight into the starting lineup whilst on PES u have to play training matches and impress your coach. Also on FIFA your teammates try to pass u the ball everytime u call for it (poor AI) whilst on PES they only pass based on your positioning. However still a FIFA boy for life

3. Greg says:

Definitely second the idea of classic teams and a more robust career/franchise mode.

My biggest demand other than those would be more stadiums. I understand we’re talking about a ton of teams here and its not worth the developers time to create, say Pizza Hut Park, but we should be able to get more of the world’s noteworthy stadiums into the game. Even if they can’t be on the disc itself, they could be provided as affordable downloadable content.

• moussa ali says:

i think that in career mode, if your good enough then u shud receive international job offers and FIFA desprately need to add a champions league mode or at least champions league on career mode to stay above PES a youth academy and scouting from fifa 10 and 07 wud be gud plus picking percific drills to better certain players ability .

4. Earl Reed says:

The whole career/franchise mode is important for any sports game IMO. But at this point, I wonder if EA has given up building a robust franchise mode because of the dominance of Football Manager. I know that, after playing FIFA09 in Manager Mode, and then buying FM 11, there is no comparison. FM had the gameplay aspects that I wanted from FIFA. I’m into realism more than gameplay. Just like every other EA Sports franchise, the game becomes unrealistic as you get better. Yes, they have varying difficulty levels, but I invariably end up getting too good for one difficulty, and then don’t have enough time to excel at the tougher level. That ends up causing me to lose interest.

What I find about the EA games is that they worry about aesthetics in places where it makes the game more difficult. For instance, if I want to search to find a player to target for a transfer, the interface makes it tough to sort through and manipulate lists. In FM, it’s very easy to narrow searches, sort by columns, add columns to your view, and find a player you’d like.

If it sounds like FIFA 12 is makes advances in these regards, maybe I’ll check it out.

• Dave C says:

I’m wondering if you’re right that EA simply slacks off on the manager mode because it knows it can’t compete with Football Manager. I’ve also wondered if it’s simply a technological issue – can a game handle the amount of data that FM does, while also having the graphics, commentary and game physics that FIFA does? (I haven’t played FM for years, so I might be wrong on this).

Also, you have a good point that it’s possible to get so good at playing FIFA that a realistic manager mode simply isn’t feasible.

Still, I wish they would make some improvements to Manager Mode. I could think of dozens of simple improvements off the top of my head (sorry if the following is a rant!) :

Difficulty
      Firstly, they should make the highest difficulty level hard enough such that if you pick West Brom for example, you should struggle to even stay in the prem, rather than cruising to a Champions League spot, which would address the problem above.

Transfers
      Transfers should be way more realistic – at present, as long as you offer the market price and a decent salary, you’re almost guaranteed to sign the player (assuming you’re a decent level team). I’d like to see OTHER teams compete for the same player, or have the current team refusing to sell.

Also, if I’m Leeds Utd, and I get promoted into the EPL, and I put my 3rd choice goalie on the transfer market (who is 30+ yrs old and hasn’t played a game since being in Lg 1 two seasons ago…it’s unrealistic to receive an offer for him from Manchester Utd or Chelsea)

The scouting system should probably be replaced with some sort of academy system too for generating new players.

AI of opposition’s management
      They should also do something about the AI of other teams’ management and transfer dealings. I play MM, and even after 7 seasons or so, the opposition still field almost exactly the same side as they do now. They hardly ever sign new players, and when do, they never get into the team.

Also, although the computer teams seem to retain the same starting XI for an unfeasibly long time, for some reason they insist on shuffling players out of position unrealistically . e.g. you’ll play against Chelsea and notice that they have Ashley Cole and Boswinga at Centre-back, but they have John Terry at Left-back and Carvalho at right-back. Similarly, Drogba always ends up as an attacking midfielder.

Player form
      Currently, I don’t think it explains in the game how player form is calculated. I have heard that it is based on ratings in the last five games, with an absence from the team counting as a zero (and thus dragging down the player’s avg rating, and thus his form). This is dumb, because it means if you ever rest tired players, their form drops drastically, which is the opposite of reality.

player development
      I agree with Matt’s suggestion that there should be some kind of mini-game to improve player attributes. This would be good for MM, but also I think for Virtual Player too. I have FIFA 10, and it seems dumb that most of the skills for your Virtual Player are achieved by simply doing mundane things over and over again (eg completing 100 “long passes” during your career) or things that are very rare in a game, especially if you don’t already have the required skill attribute (eg scoring volleys and diving headers). I spent a whole day playing against half-star Korean teams just to boost my player’s attributes. There should be a more enjoyable way of doing this!

Stadiums
      This is largely aesthetic, but I think the appearance of your stadium should change if you invest in improving your stadium. Currently, the stadium appearance remains the same regardless of any upgrades to your “stadium manager” staff.

Most important of all: get rid of all the simple bugs that happen every year
      Seriously: the game used to freeze up for no reason after playing several seasons of MM in some versions (I think FIFA 07). Also: I had FIFA ’10, and after several years at one club, I moved to Real Madrid. They had a bank balance of $160m+ when I saw the job offer screen…but when I actually joined them, they were literally billions of dollars in debt. Even if I sold the whole squad, the debt would have been insurmountable. As a result, I couldn’t upgrade my fitness staff, which meant I lost every game due to my knackered old 38 year old squad…and this glitch continued at every team I switched to. EA eventually released a patch to fix this, but it meant having to start the game over from scratch, which is annoying when you’ve wasted several hours of your life on one manager mode career.

Really, this part isn’t rocket science – EA should simply have some tester play MM for a couple of weeks before the release date to spot these kinks. Instead, it feels like they’re submitting an essay without even having done spell check.

• Dave C says:

Wow my post turned out to be longer than the article itself…guess I feel passionate about this issue!

ps I didn’t mean for the whole of the last two paras to be in bold!

• Evan says:

Agree with everything you said. Hopefully FIFA12 is a lot different from 11.

5. OQ81 says:

1. More stadia. It’s disappointing to tour the Premier League without getting to see Craven Cottage or White Hart Lane, for example.

2. Fairer officials. Playing the CPU, I’ve been taken down in the box hundreds of times, with only one PK I can recall. Meanwhile, it seems I’m penalized for any manner of tackle while defending.

3. Better stoppage time logic. I’m stopped in mid-drive at the end of almost every half, whereas in real life play is allowed to develop until a change of possession.

4. License the Champions League. This could be done via a £5 add-on like the major leagues.

5. Easier/more effective skill moves. It seems I learned several of the finger-twisting skills only to never use them because they aren’t very effective in-match.

6. Custom lineups/formations. I hate having to rearrange the team selection before every match when the cups heat up and half the side is fatigued. There should be an option to set 3 to 4 custom sides with corresponding formations so I can instantly select my second or third option for matches of lesser importance.

7. Simplified set piece design. While I love custom set pieces, I doubt very many players have the desire to design 4 separate set pieces for every ten-yard box on attack. The game should have default set pieces for every restarting point, which can then be customised.

Improved player development is my top request from the 5 in the article.

• MG says:

The majority of what you stated would be nice, ESPECIALLY more stadia. This is crucial for me, though it might seem superficial to some. It matters to me.

Another would be EA’s implementation of chants, instead of making their consumers do the work. I don’t like that you have to add chants by first burning them to a disc. It should be easy for them (should be too much to ask) to implement at least a few classic club chants here and there. It isn’t important but it would make the game seem that much more realistic.

• Dave C says:

re: improved stoppage time logic…I’ve had FIFA 07 and FIFA 10, so I can’t speak for FIFA ’11 or other versions, but if anything, I have found that the final whistle never stops you in the middle of an attack. Like real-life, it only ever seems to blow if the ball is around the half-way line. FIFA seems to stick to this rule of thumb to a ridiculous extent, such that if you have possesion in the attacking third, you can delay the final whistle almost indefinitely by simply passing around the edge of the penalty box.

6. sean says:

The only thing I’d really like to see because it has frustrated me so many times (this may not bother the more experienced players, but I am sh*t and it bugs me) is that whenever I press the “change player” button, I want it to change the player I am controlling.

There have been many times when I’ve played a through ball/pass/lob/chip and the CPU has me control one player, when there is another player that is close by that I really want to take control of because they are in a tactically better position/direction. This mostly happens when I have a winger make a run down the line and I try to play the pass to them, sometimes one of the forwards will come and claim the ball

7. MrTuktoyaktuk says:

World stadiums add-on would be nice. Or league stadium modules, that would be awesome.

8. Chris says:

When playing in Career Mode as a Player, I wish that as your player improves, that teams would try and come in for you in the transfer market. In the same vain, I wish the same would happen as a Manager. As your reputation improves, more/better clubs come in for you.

• OQ81 says:

>>As your reputation improves, more/better clubs come in for you.

This does happen to managers in Career Mode. I got offers to manage at several good clubs after winning the Premier League.

I’ve never had a transfer offer as a player, though, but that could be because of price/wages. I notice my cheaper players for sale always get picked up while those over about £20M languish on the roster.

9. FIFA FANATIC!! says:

I agree with all these 5 Features that you have stated. And I wholeheartedly agree with adding depth to the “Career Mode” it gets very repetitive. I for one have an obsession with finding great players with “Game Faces”. Formations are also another thing that I enjoy. I also like the “Be a pro” but I was upset that they took out the opportunity to play for your country, if FIFA 12 or any other after would include the world cup for “Be a pro” it would be the best FIFA game ever! I really hope something like this crystalizes soon. But that’s just me being an optimist.

10. Ryan B says:

I like the suggestions ahead. But can we discuss the fundamental error in menus that when I get booted from an online menu or an online match that I have to start back at the home screen and navigate back to where I just was. I bet I have spent hours of my life throughout the years navigating back to the online mode. Save us EA!

• OQ81 says:

Even the offline mode menus are frustratingly laggy, and navigating transfers takes ages.

Speaking of transfers, they should add a randomising element so that an incoming player might be much better or perhaps somewhat worse than he was on his previous team. It would be fun to scout and hire an inexpensive Chicharito-type player and have him improve +5 overall into a difference-maker in training. This could go along with overall player improvement as described above.

• Dave C says:

On the subject of menus…luckily I have a big HD TV, but I remember playing the game on an older TV a while back, and the tiny fonts and grey-on-black color scheme of the menus are almost entirely impossible to read in SD. I know everyone seems to have HD now, but it would be nice if EA could think of those who don’t. Do menus really need to be so small?

11. FC Asheville says:

” Playing the CPU, I’ve been taken down in the box hundreds of times, with only one PK I can recall. Meanwhile, it seems I’m penalized for any manner of tackle while defending.”

This! I NEVER get free kicks playing the computer…NEVER.

Also a very simple improvement would be more dialoque for commentators. If I hear “with power and purpose” one more time for Jamie Carragher….!

Real refs would be easy as well.

12. Jeremy says:

I decided months ago that if there isn’t drastic improvement to the franchise/career mode this year I will forgo a FIFA upgrade and just buy FM and use my old copy of FIFA when I want enjoyable gameplay.

13. Robert says:

I fear we may have to wait until FIFA13 or beyond (or never, as the commenter above notes regarding Football Manager) for a significant improvement in Franchise Mode. It was curtailed in FIFA12, and all of the news and videos seem to point to an improvement in gameplay. This is a welcome advance, for FIFA12′s collisions and passing leave much to be desired.

I do miss the career mode in FIFA10, it seems more realistic that a player would start on a reserve side and move up. I also think it’s strange that created players are never substituted, or never are substitutes. I think it would make the game more realistic, and would conceivably save your player’s legs so he’s not dropped for the next game due to “lack of fitness.”

• Mekias says:

While they haven’t said anything regarding career mode for Fifa 12, I’m still holding out hope that it’s significantly improved.

Let’s face it, career mode in Fifa 11 was about the weakest career/franchise mode in the past 10 years from any sports game. The only thing it allowed you to do was buy/sell players and even then the player growth was horrible. When not in a transfer window, you had absolutely nothing to do outside of playing games. Not to mention all the countless bugs.

I love taking a team from League 2 up through the ranks and into the Premier League but team building was just too pathetic in Fifa 11.

14. OQ81 says:

Matt/Gaffer, you should see about sending this article and comments to EA. Likely too late for FIFA 12, and they probably have heard the same, but good ideas anyway.

• Dave C says:

If you google search for “bugs/glitches/problems/wishlists for FIFA”, you’ll see we’re not the only ones complaining about this…if EA screw up (again), they can’t use the excuse that they didn’t realize people had these problems.

I found dozens of forums were people were complaining about the bugs I mentioned – random freezing during manager mode (that you can never progress beyond), and the billion-dollar debt glitch.

Other common problems have been having the menu screen tell you that you don’t have sufficient players to field a full squad, and therefore must forfeit the game (even when it is not true), and a purely aesthetic oversight (but annoying to a purist like me) in FIFA 07 that meant whenever you signed a new player, he was automatically assigned the #2 shirt, regardless of his position or if someone else in the squad already wore #2. Things like that make me think EA simply don’t road-test their games before releasing them.

15. Miguel says:

Awesome ideas man, i agree with all of them!, fifa 11 sux at them BIG TIME

16. Harry says:

I feel that the shooting is one of the main features that need to be addressed. Too many times you can score the perfect finese goal from outside the box with any decent player but yet when you shoot from 30 yards you have next to no chance of it going in. If they made stuff like this a bit more unpredictable then the gameplay would be a million times better.

17. SlickJoe says:

I would like for their to be a concede the victory option, or offer mercy like in EA’s football games. I’m tired of people quiting once a goal or two is scored, and feel that some people would just accept the loss without taking the hit to their DNF%.

Also along the lines of online play, can anyone tell my why if I go to quick ranked match that 90+% of the time I am the away team? I must have played 200 games over the course of the year and all too often find myself in the opposing team’s stadium.

18. [OPTI]Madschester United says:

0. Besides getting a slew of All-time great teams (United 68, Real Madrid 2002, Denmark 1992, Holland 1988, Brazil 1994, etc…) and players (Cantona, Klinsmann, Matthäus, Voller, Van Basten, Gullit, Pele, Romario, Bebeto, Schmeichel), I would also like to see:

1. Reduced loading times between screens and make game snappier… I shouldn’t have to wait 3-5 seconds to “save” no changes or a team formation or take 30 seconds to make a sub (I know, 30 seconds sounds like nothing, but it adds up over a season).

2. Improve in-game screen and substitutions — takes too long

3. Allow captain armband to be changed by user during a game (It could happen)

4. Improve trick shots to not be so complicate (R1+L2+halfcircle is impossible to time properly).

5. Fix general problems with freezing…

If the basics aren’t great, the game is not perfect…

19. Pete Redknapp says:

I’ve always wanted to see a little more atmosphere in these FIFA games. You score a 30-yard belter and crowd reaction is no different to when you score from 6 yards.

Also in real when a winger reaches to the point where he can deliver a cross, the defence always move in for possession, whereas if you watch football on TV you’ll notice they wont do that unless you accidently dribble to close to the byline. Usually the defence would just stand if your way to try cross the ball, while you can pull off some step-overs or get your full-back to over-lap you.

I would also love for stadiums to have banners and scarfs waving, some different ad boards, and the fans to wear replica kits so we can get that home or away feel.

I couldn’t care less about the game modes, i want mass improvements on the pitch from Fifa 11. Playing against Chelsea at Olt Trafford feels no different to playing someone like Charlton Athletic, because the only thing that’s different is the players. The game feels the same, the fans look and feel the same…

Also another thing that most sports games have nowadays is a TV coverage style thing, with the cutscenes and camera angles and such.

A final point that no one seems to be interested in anymore, that i think we should bring up again… Andy Gray, yes or no? (personally i’d say no).

20. Billy says:

Atmosphere is a big one for career mode players. Being able to make something your own outside of the players on the pitch. I can remember other EA franchises toying with stadium creators and the like (even setting parking fees, which may be a bit much but it was interesting to toy with). After a few seasons in CM things can get stale and playing at home feels no different then playing anywhere else. Just as playing Chelsea in 2011 feels on different then playing them in 2017.

FIFA 11 made huge strides with their online creation feature but it stopped short. A wish list would include being able to work with that engine in CM. changing kit design and what not. Hopefully even being able to few a few extended team stats and player stats. Transfers would work well to be online as well. It’s tedious to do it using a controller.

The model EA created that allows the player to create things online then download it to the console is where the key to game improvements could come from. It knocks down walls that limit what a disc can hold and really opens things up creatively. If they did did that I would probably have to warn my boss about decreased productivity next fall!

21. Jeff says:

I agree with all 5 suggestions the original poster made.

EA really needs to add to the career mode. Little by little they keep taking things away that made it great. What happened to the players form? Anyone who knows the sport a players performance is all dependent on their current form. This needs to be added back in.

Player progression use to be in this series just a few years ago. What happened to it? It’s in Fifa 11 but players very rarely progress and it’s not even worth looking at. Actually most of the time your players degress and sometimes for no reason.

Also, individual current season stats need to be added back in the game. This seems to flip flop every season along with after game stats. This year it was in so I’m sure next year it won’t be.

I’ve been asking for a kit design feature for years. In this day and age every club changes their kit every year. It would be cool if you can design the new kit after each season is over.

22. Harry says:

One thing i would like to see all across the board is a more dynamic commentating package similar to what is seen in the NBA 2K games. Talk about what’s happened in the past few games, player’s streaks and so on. EA has gotten so lazy in this department….also more booing when playing away…I’m just saying…

23. JAK says:

I’d really like to see the career/franchise mode redone. It’s very difficult to build up a team to be able to play in other cup matches throughout the week. Scouting would make it much easier,

I’d like to see the create a team option. I always enjoy creating teams in football, basketball, hockey, etc… The ability to create enough teams to develop your own league, cups, etc…would be amazing. Possibly use sponsors that are already included in the game, have a stadium builder, some kit designs to choose from.

The game is good already, but there is definitely room to improve the game. As long as they still have the Ultimate Team, I’ll be happy.

24. MAK says:

*I agree with a lot of the changes you guys have suggested. Another one that gets on my nerves is that I hate that when a player is injured or suspended in manager mode you have to change the roster in the menu screen instead of just changing it before a match so it saves the new roster as default.

25. sam says:

every itineration’s improvements are mostly graphical. i wouldn’t be surprised if fifa 14 is advertised with increased detail on sweat and hair. the interface and menu need a huge overhaul, particular when it comes to managing your team, and transfers. for instance, theres only a simple list utilising half the screen for team management, and if during transfer season i want to to compare the selling price, weekly salary and contract length of a current player, i have to move in and out of 4 separate menus

26. Fabio says:

the kits changin every year for career mode i sa great idea!

27. WIRIRFTT says:

Jeld-Wen Field. Nuf said #RCTID

28. Thorn says:

My problem hasn’t been with the content, but the gameplay. Fifa 11 is one of the most frustrating games to play on World Class or higher difficulties.

It’s not that I mind difficulty. It’s that I mind cheating to win. The AI pulls, pushes your player around through extended animations to keep you off the ball. I don’t know how many times I’ve tackled a guy just to watch the AI beat me to ball again or have my player collide with another player. The off balance animations over extend. When the ref calls a penalty, your current player will stand there protesting…while the AI kicks the ball. Are you kidding me?

Further, I’ve lost games predominately in the last 5 minutes of a match. This is almost always the case in close games. And quite often, I’ve seen the AI use my own players against me.

I really probably wouldn’t care so much, if I could at least control my players with less extended animations. That alone is just retarded and unrealistic.

The accomplishment aspect for improving your VP is great, except with Fifa 11, some of them are ridiculous to pull off and I’ve had several that never seem to trigger. I don’t know how many within 3 yards I’ve scored, but none have been counted. Volley shots stack on one accomplishment, but not on another. And really, 5 assists on World Class? Back to back 3 assist games? I mean you practically have to cheat to get those.

Maybe I just suck :) Or refuse to boost…I understand you want some elitism, but maybe that should be dedicated to those who play longer, not who boost or get lucky?

The 50/50/50 reqs only give you a +1 bonus too…seems kinda lame for all that work.

Anyway, I’m only pointing these out cause they are what frustrate me. However, everyone here has made some really great points on improvements, esp load times, kit design, menus/presentation.

VP is awesome, I wish they’d incorporate that into other EA games more often. I know hockey does at least.

29. Thorn says:

Through passes/lobs I don’t know how many times I’ve done this, but the game either really sucks at auto aim or the speed stat is a bunch of hooey because the defender 99/100 times will get to the ball.

30. FIFA Fanatic says:

Personally, it is time for EA to alter the player likeliness of many of its players. Even though FIFA 2011 contains some “player faces”, only the more popularized players look like themselves. Although, the PES series sucks severely in terms of gameplay (gameplay does not flow well at all, players are robotic, and in all honesty the game plays too slow to truly resemble the intense pace of professional soccer), the series has done an admirable job of creating players that actually look realistic. The FIFA franchise undoubtedly falters in the player likeliness area as 2/3s of the game’s players look almost exactly the same. The point of playing a sports video game is to be able to compete as your favorite players, and do so in a manner that makes the gamer feel as though they are actually the player himself. FIFA’s utter lack of player likeliness has tarnished the franchise for years, and it is time for the game’s engineers to finally do something about it. I love FIFA, hate PES, but EA must make their game more realistic; simple as that.

Another thing I would like to see in FIFA 12 are enhanced game modes, like those available in PES 2011. In PES, players receive individual trophies in a trophy presentation format, partake in realistic international walk-outs, tournament champions are rewarded with a life-like trophy presentation (unlike FIFA where the trophy presentation has been the same for what seems like a decade), and major tournaments can actually be played including Champions League, UEFA League, and World Cup. FIFA has NONE of this, except maybe Champions League (1/2 assed), which EA doesn’t even refer to as Champions League in the game due to their failure to seek appropriate licensing. FIFA calls itself the “best soccer franchise available”, and maintains nearly 70% market share in the soccer video game industry; however, with the exception of gameplay (which is undoubtedly of extreme importance for involved gamers), PES is certainly the more aesthetically pleasing game. I just wish FIFA would amp up their effort somewhat, as I honestly cannot find myself ever being enthralled by the PES series. For true soccer lovers, PES simply does not deliver on gameplay, which is a MAJOR disappointment (honestly, it plays like a freaking Atari game…playing actually games is intensely frustration and outwardly boring.

Next, I too would love to see EA allow a more freedom in jersey selection and creation. Why can’t gamers choose/interchange sock, short, and jersey types when selecting a team to play with?! Surely this can’t be that difficult to add can it? Also, gamers can create players, tournaments, careers, etc. Why can’t they create jerseys and teams? Time to step it up.

Lastly, player ratings NEED to be adjusted. For example, Lionel Messi is ranked I 91 or 92 in FIFA 2011, and in all honestly, due to his physically attributes, sucks balls in the game. Furthermore, there are only 3-5 players in FIFA 2011 that are actually ranked above a 90. This is crap in my opinion, and ultimately acts to negatively affect gameplay as player ability is unrealistic. Messi should dominate regardless of the gamer, this is clearly not the case at present. It likely would only improve the game if some/most players in the game were given 3-4 additional attribute points to their overall rating. Personally, I took the liberty to painstakingly edit individuals players throughout the game to more appropriately reflect their real-life capabilities, and the game is much more fun to play overall.

Finally, I’m not necessarily huge on player development and youth academies as these players never look like themselves in FIFA as they are young, little known talents, yet such an addition would be a nice touch for FIFA 12. Also, I would be absolutely thrilled if EA altered FIFA 12 to allow for players to be called-up for international duty during career play, and the ability to manage an international team in the World Cup in manager mode would be absolutely awesome! The previously stated changes would be great additions for FIFA 12 in my opinion, and would inevitably oust PES as a reputable soccer video game franchise…which is a long time coming for me.

I always see forums online such as this one, yet rarely comment as it appears representatives at EA neglect them entirely. If there is one major fault with the FIFA franchise, it is the fact that EA entirely ignores the wishes of the gamers who actually purchase and play their game. It saddens me greatly. I mean, the last major development in FIFA has been the ability the control the goalie in gameplay…honestly, who wanted that? Have you ever tried to actually play it? It’s completely boring. Who wants to play a game of FIFA for 15 minutes just to get 4-6 touches on the ball as a goalkeeper. WORTHLESS…do away with it and come up with something people actually want.

31. FIFA Fanatic says:

Thorn,

I have an easy solution for you…if you suck on World Class, change the difficulty until you get better so you don’t have to cheat. Try Professional. If you have been playing the FIFA franchise for very long at all, you should surely be able to handle the computer on World Class as it isn’t that hard to score. It is harder to score of FIFA 11 than in years past, but that’s how soccer should be. You aren’t likely to score 10 goals like on Amateur, but it is entirely possible to score. Believe me, I play exclusively on World Class, and rarely, if ever, lose. I score every game. Just a thought, don’t mean to be an ass.

• Sam says:

I second that, and a solution to through balls, if you play it close to the defender hell pull and slow you down you gotta play a good ball for him to get to I only play through balls and lobs when im looking for te final pass and its usually 50/50 if not me usually.

32. Ned says:

I think definitely they need to revamp Be a Pro mode. I feel that the only thing I do in that mode is play games and improve. What about if after each game, you approached the media and answered a few questions about the game. You can select your responses to questions and create your own reputation. You can be the bad boy Balotelli or a media angel. That is how your popularity would increase and how you might get looks from the national team.

• LFCsandiego says:

Brilliant idea. Making the be a pro mode feel like the movie Goal and Goal 2 would be an awesome upgrade.

33. Giancarlo says:

One thing I would LOVE to see is the customization of the Virtual Pro set pieces, eg; Ronaldinho, Ronaldo etc. They have custom stances, I would love to take a penalty as slow and calm as Messi or do a side walk up like Ronaldinho.

34. Richard says:

I think on the new FIFA they should tweek the transfer market as if you want to buy a player you should offer a player in part exchange as they do in the real world as in cash plus player that would be good

35. raff says:

1. When you’re choosing who you’re captain is and corner takers are, please include a vice captain option!.. I play as Liverpool and I’m sick of subbing Gerrard and Poulsen who comes on or Lucas getting the armband just b’cos that’s who’s replaced him!
    2. More stadiums, and if you are going to put stadiums in then get them right, example.. I sumtimes play as Dortmund great stadium, but you can’t even have the black and yellow nets they use??.. Can’t be that hard surely
    3. Not just being able to leave clubs at the end of a season, for instance if youre having a great season with say, Sampdoria, then the likes of Milan or Juventus shud want you!
    4 Realistic transfers, Ronaldinho always seems to only ever go back to Barcelona, and if you turn down a club they come back again 3 or 4 times only putting the offer up a few hundred pounds.. You shud be able to tell them how much you want.. And the option to loan a player you just bought back to the club you bought him from, usefull for younger players

If I carry on I’ll be here all day, that’s all for now!!

36. Mo says:

On top of this list, what is quite essential is that top 100 national teams of the world should exist. This is a very negative point for FIFA marketing as the other rivals consider this very carefully.

37. Jammo says:

I think you should make your own team and make players and put them in your team and use the team in career mode and upgrade every thing like in fifa 06 and 07

38. Daniel says:

1. make the rating of the players more realistic. in the first 10 minutes of the match your lucky if your rating goes up to 6.3 or higher, but goes down even if you do something wrong. and in the last 15 minutes your rating drops very little (apart form the usual 0.1 drop randomly between 85 and 90 mins). goalkeeper rating needs to be changed the most.
    2. make pro ranked matches actually work i’ve spend god knows how long trying to find a match and just get your oppenent has left or lost connection. they also need to make it possible that inplay the captain (and maybe have a vice captain) that both vote to kick tthe goalkeeper out and be able to kick normal players as many a times i’ll play a match and some idiot will be on my team and either not be playing properly or just bee awful and ruin it for everyone else and sometimes a goalkeeper wil get kicked for doing nothing wrong.
    3. better refeering/ refs make some refs in favour of more teams. for example; the top 6 teams in the premeir league get away with a lot more than the rest in real life whereas in fifa the computer and usually who i play against get away with everything. the refeeringneeds to improve as many a times i do the perfect tackle and i’m redded.
    4.create your own team, stadiums, kits and maybe footballs, it wouldd add a new dimension to the game of creating stuff and editing.
    5. make players and teams more realistic to there real life abilities, for example i find just as easy if not easier to pass the ball around as chelsea or man united than as barcelona, and if barcelona took a proper corner (which they do’t do much in real life) they wouldn’t score yet its the same odds as if you took it and had a bunch of giants where in the box.
    6. saving replays i also think needs too be completely redone as most of the replays i save dont allow me to save the whole piece as theres not eenough space to store more than roughly 10 seconds of video.
    7. i also agree with the more international teams but i think there should be more club teams; for example argentina have quite a well known club based team, and maybe have lower division teams like tthe conference lague for england, it would be quite fun to try and get the likes of forest green FC into the premeir league.
    8. they need to improve pro clubs. it has huge potential but isn’t used well enough.
    9. have online 90minutes matches 11 on 11 with subs and managers maybe. on a saturday when all the other matches are on and have the same matches that are on that weekend but have the matches 2-3 hours before the real live match so you could kind of predict who would win.

i could go on about the improvements and am sorry about spelling errors and grammar. i think fifa is stil a top game but with these improvements and others could get much better.

39. BarcaBoy says:

I understand the reason for Andy Gray not being approved but whats it going to be like without him screaming down the mic and making FIFA 50% mre exiting. Personally I can’t see Alan Smith and Martin Tyler being anywhere as good as the most famous duo partner of Tyler, Andy Gray.

I think Gray is untouchable

40. Andy says:

Also, with regards to improved player development, in career mode I loan out a lot of youth players, usually players with rating below 55. However, they don’t improve whilst out on loan! Even if they are getting game time. I think that if you loan out a player, he should be able to develop as well as players on the subs bench.
    Furthermore, After playing about 5 seasons of career mode, there seems to be no players around under the age of 23! Young players develop better. I think each season there should be an update of new players that doesn’t affect your current team, but means you can buy new players to freshen it up a bit and keep playing career mode without your team having an average age of 30!!!!

41. jay says:

you should be able to play the manager in manager mode on the toch line and you can tell the player to warm up if he’s coming on and you should have on career mode and be a pro mode press conferences after andf before a game. Players should also be able to go on international duty and there should also be like players go injured in a car accident etc. fOR THE BE A PRO YOU SHOULD START OF AS A U16 player as you get older or if you get better you could get a call up at a young age like for e.g. Jack Wilsher and should be able to play U16,U17 etc international games and club games just to make the game a little bit better realistic and enjoyable

42. paul says:

the should also add world cup in career mode

43. Jlow says:

UEFA Champions League!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. Loqman Izzat says:

Yeah….

1) I want all FIFA National Teams (ALL 208 NATIONAL TEAMS + LICENSED…ALL 32 PLAYERS PER TEAM…

2) As name FIFA, we want the producer include All Worldwide-First-Level-League…EA can refer at FIFA.com -> World Match Centre … Must be LICENSED

3) Add more 50 stadium LICENSED…Worldwide

4) Create club become more effective and efficiently…no more annoying logos…we can upload ourself…we can pick colour ourself…we can upload our sponosr logo ourself

5) Include all Inter-Continental Competiton LICENSED like UEFA CL, UEFA EL, CONEMBOL CA, AFC CL, OFC CL, FIFA CWC

45. dave says:

hi gamers dont you think its time to bring in managers ,that would be ace.iwould also like to see players in real time injuries ,like being carried off and the odd few players running up n down the touchline , better penalties,,managers coming out to bing subs on , players even talking,and not forgetting lifting trophies,and watching your team in front of the bill bourds with the champgnane ,,,now that would be great,, bye kids

46. LoKo Lu says:

This is my wish list for FIFA 12:

1)More leagues around the world (like the Argentinian Uruguay Chile Colombian Ecuador Bolivia Peru Venezuela Paraguay some of the important leagues in africa asia and oce)

2) In the career mode not only stick to the regular clubs but also have a national team mode, been able to choose player and participate in national team competitions, like a national team manager will do.

3)Been able to make your own players like a academy of basic forces kind of mode, so instead of buy players you can spend that money in producing you own player like Barcelona.

4)More club related international and continental competitions like the UEFA Champions League Copa Libertadores UEFA Europa League (Asia Africa Oce and CONCACAF too but ill be happy with UEFA and Libertadores for a start)

5)Have all the National teams that conform FIFA (Chile Colombia and Paraguay are the big missed)

6) In that National team Manager mode that i mention earlier include the world cup (cant believe that the biggest soccer game in the world don’t have the biggest event in the world)

47. Gabriel Winter says:

I think one thing that FIFA should definently take a look at it the crowd. There some isuse there eg: i’m not sure but I think its in the FIWC stadium ; when you score a goal and only about 5,000 fans move the rest just stand still. Also the grapics of the crowd members are apualling this is 2011 not 1980. One more thing is that I would like to hear the crowd singing songs unique to that club eg: for liverpool you’ll never walk alone, Fields of Anfiled road,poor scouser tommy ect.

48. Scott ladd says:

Put linfield and glentoran in fifa 12 because they arent in any fifa’s thanks.

49. Scott ladd says:

And put the whole of the irish league with cliftonville, crusaders, linfield etc

50. Scott ladd says:

Also say if i was cardiff city and i get promoted to premier league the championship badge is still on their top.

51. Charlie C says:

I think they should have a ‘ My Story’ mode, something like jumpers for goalposts where you start young and move up in your career.

Also, visual sim needs to come back

52. mubarak says:

Player of the year like pro evo

And if the calendar during the transfer market should be slower than football manager it should at least half as interesting

Make transfer throughout the year

Improved manager mode sign contracts not just 1 year contracts and resign when ever you want

And the big teams should different styles of play….. Barca should play like possession football and man utd should play like runner ups : D

53. gary says:

i think they should make it more intresting by showing your team lifting the trophy that they’ve won instead of just saying you have won the league without showing you lifting the cup with your team.thanks

54. Karl W says:

I think that all the national teams should be added and then I would like to say something about the virtual pros.. Like in pes i think that you should be able to add features to the face ( like signs of getting old, moles, freckles atuff) of the fifa 12 virtual pro so that he looks more real and that you should be able to modify his body aswell as his head! and finally, the hairstyles look like crap compared to pes 11 don’t get me wrong I love fifa and just want it to be more awesome, also copy hairstyles from all the other fifa guys in the game for example fernando torres or didier drogbas :) and the faces aswell ( of the celberties ) like in pes :) because pes i have to say has better customizing options for a newly created player, and after this aswell as I like the ideas of changing sponsors during the year would be awesome! I look forward to fifa 12 :D

55. ben says:

In FIFA 10 you could scout young and high potential players in the scout transfers, if you add it in FIFA 12 I think it will be much more exiting, and better than the scouts in FIFA 11

56. BEN says:

Scouting: I think the scouting in FIFA 11 was poor, but in FIFA 10 it was very good because you could get young high potential players, and you could get a different manager mode to your friend.

57. alex says:

i thiink fifa should come up with more stadiums so each team gets dey own stadium en also uefa champions league en da crowd reaction should be better and also player development should be worked on

58. Stan says:

I want to be easier to do advanced skills, like Ronaldo’s skills or nani’s skills. The player ratings dont go up when i’ve played 3 seasons with berbatov, i made him top goal scorer all 3 times and his rating goes down.

59. roddy munro says:

create a ref would be good! like ratings out of 99, how lenient he is, how much he gives advantage after a foul, how harsh he is, how accurate, etc.

and i know this seems like a crazy shout, but if a decision is given against you, you should be given the option to argue with the ref or push the other players around to cause massive brawls (like i saw tonight in barcelona v real madrid) haha.

60. Fifa 12 says:

I wish we could get the improved player development put in the game, all other 4 features are all needed but players development is absolutly essential to this game. It makes playing and using your favorite young players way more fun and making an actual team that you can use from a low level and grow.

With the current setup you are forced to use the top 10 teams if you want to compete and have no real chance to use the young players and make them better. I don’t think they added much for this to 12, I guess we can start asking for this feature in 13.

61. matt says:

1-Champions League/Europa League/Fifa World Cups/Euro League
    Both on manager and player mode. It gets boring just playing league games year after year

2-chosing which end to shoot at first. I get really annoyed shooting from left to right in the first half, and right to left EVERY home game. So maby a coin flip?

3-Press conferance.

4-Gossip page of transfers etc

5-kit changes= if promoted from the championship, the lettering should change to the premiership lettering

6-updated transfers and general transfers when in player mode. eg back in 2011 You could have just transfered to chelsea and torres is still on liverpools team in 2013….not that good.

62. saul says:

what i dont understand is why they dont have white hart lane because it was on fifa 08.

63. david says:

I also have thought of the idea of being able to play historic squads like for example Cruyff’s Dream Team against the present Barcelona or 1970 Brazil vs 2002 Brazil.

That would deffinetly make FIFA surpass PES by a long shot!!

64. freshjohn says:

i reckon they should make a player mode so that you can create a player that is in a minor league team like horsham and then be able to buy your own house and live a virtual life in the house and be able to drive around like grand theft auto and go to training and matches with a realistic bus where you can sit and interact with your team and make training realistic like say you have to do speed runs passing and shooting crossing keeping close control defending all mixed up depending on your players position on the field like cf will focus on passing shooting and control and defense will work on defending and keeping.
    they also should do this in manager mode called training mode so you choose what players do what and what players get chosen for the next match and realistic injurys like concussion and broken nose and more bloody cutscenes lololol but most of all knock out system where you can run into drogba with fabio or macheda and get KOed but at same time more crucial consequnces when falling on back or neck and player kills like if rooney falls on his neck he dies and match gets called of lol but also a better gameplay.

65. Charlie C says:

there should be online torunament for whatever club you want not just for ultimate team
    make online leagues or tournaments weekly

66. TTrocks says:

I think that on become a pro you should be subbed when out of energy etc.. it is pointless just running like a mad chicken not being able to sprint…. It is so annoying

67. chad says:

I think you should be able to request to be subbed in be a pro mode and hand in a transfer request if you dont get regular gameplay,not start if you have a bad performance game before or havent improved in training,and also bring back country mode on both career and be a pro mode

68. 08bills says:

I think they should make a football game like GTA where you can buy cars and go and buy houses and stuff aswell as playing on the pitch!! The game age rating will change for this obviously but i think this would take you closer to the footballer experience.

69. 08bills says:

also you should have the ability to turn down offers from clubs at the end of the season and wait for more offers to come in. instead of joining a new club or staying put straight away!