MON, 3PM ET
ATL
OLY
TUES, 2:45PM ET
JUV
MAL

Manchester United Home Shirt for 2011-12 Season: New Leaked Photo

manchester united home shirt 2011 2012 Manchester United Home Shirt for 2011 12 Season: New Leaked Photo

A new photograph of what appears to be Manchester United’s home shirt for the 2011-2012 season has been leaked on the Internet.

The new photo appears to be consistent with the one of the new Man United home jersey that we leaked in December. The latest image is much clearer and shows a simple yet elegant design. The unique feature is the black and white collar that accentuates the shirt. The remainder of the shirt is a solid red color except for the white Nike swoosh logo and sponsor name.

For the largest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 clubs, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

What do you think of Man United’s new home shirt for next season, if the photograph is in fact the approved design? Share your opinion in the comments section below.

Spotted at Football Shirts.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Manchester United Home Shirt for 2011-12 Season: New Leaked Photo

1. Davey says:

Didn’t they just bring out a new jersey this season?? Now I know I cant talk as I have bought every new Newcastle jersey for last 3 seasons, but it is getting a bit ridiculous, teams bringing out 2-3 new jerseys every season. The mark up on replica kits is unreal, but I guess as long as we keep buyin’ em they will keep em comin’!!!!

• Troy says:

To be honest with you, I can’t remember a year off the top of my head (I’m only 26) when Utd used the same kits in back to back years. Like you, I’ve bought every kit for the last five years. And have recently begun looking into picking up some snazzy ones from the 90′s, unfortunately they’re crazy expensive most of the time (especially if you’re looking to pick up one of King Eric).

If this is the new kit, it’s not bad. I think this year’s had a nice flashback feel to it (the collar and striping) but it’s a little too cluttered as well. My favorite in the last 5 years was in 07/08. It was simple and just mainly featured the striping above and below the numbers and name on the back.

• David says:

They used the same home kit from start of the 07 season through the end of 09 season

• Troy says:

While I believe you are correct about the home kits, in 08-09 United did away with the black away kits (which were awesome) and replaced them with the blue one (ugh) and the white one.

• King Eric says:

It was part of the Glazer’s plan since they took over to basically come out with a new kit each season to increase shirt sales and revenue. No quality in the newer kits to be honest.

• angus says:

2000-2001 & 2001-2002

• MikeyB says:

The last home kit to be used for 2 years was the AIG one with the white stripe on the back. We have never used the same set of three shirts in consecutive seasons since the 80′s necause the policy was always to to change the home shirt and one away one season and then change the other away shirt the following season. Oh, and if you’re after 90′s shirts, ebay is the place. I pick most of mine up for less than 10 quid on there.

• paul says:

r u from newcastle

2. Walter says:

Such a boring looking design!! almost identical to to 2008-2009 design , sooner we get adidas back making the kits the better. A child could do better than this.

• Marc says:

I like the Umbro designs a lot better than the Nike ones.

• Bishopville Red says:

Adidas kits are crap now. Same old boring templates for everyone. At least Nike does something a bit different for their big clubs.

The Umbro kits were the golden age of great kits, but Nike has made same good ones too. A couple dogs, but some good ones too.

I prefer this year’s effort. I like collars. My biggest beef is that the size of the crest is way too small. Go check out the treble winning kit (best ever) and see how big the club crest was. Brilliant.

• King Eric says:

I’m a fan of collars too and that was my favorite by far, also liked the 93-94 home kit – classic! This year’s white away kit is atrocious. When I saw the leaked image last year, I thought it was a training top, not an actual match shirt. If they stuck the collar on this year’s away shirt, maybe in black, then it would be much better. Not buying another United shirt until the Glazers are out! This year’s green/gold Sharp shirt by M.U.S.T./Tekkers is pretty nice and affordable.

3. Troy says:

I will say as well that it’s a hell of a lot nicer to have AON on the shirt instead of AIG in the states. When the financial crisis happened a few years back, AIG was one of the companies that took a boatload of taxpayer-funded money from the government and thus, everytime I wore a kit, I’d get some comment about AIG (as if I advocated what the theives did) by people too dumb to know it’s a football shirt.

• dave says:

Man utd are not the only team to change shirts too much look at chelsea a new home shirt every year since 1998! man utd try to keep home shirts 2 seasons but change of sponsore didn’t help

4. tonyspeed says:

I hate nike. Not only are their shirt designs absolute rubbish, but they have downgraded the quality of their replica shirts and are now selling “authentic” shirts for about $170 dollars. Just like they downgraded the mercurial so they could come out with the elite at $300+. They are the greediest, most disgusting company.

5. Stuart says:

For the largest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 clubs, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

Where’s Blackpool?

6. David Akpan says:

Is too odd for an eye to see, the design look identical to that of hand-ball jersey.

7. uoeiy says:

• Troy says:

Why would you cut and paste my comment as if it was your own? That’s creepy.

• Troy says:

P.S. I clicked on your name and all it did was bring me to a crappy blog where all the posts are cut and pasted from actual news stories. How lame.

8. Stuart says:

Though I’m not an Man U fan the cool thing about the past shirts was the black chevron. This shirt is pretty lame, it’s a red shirt with a black and white collar, why would I bother?

9. Tom says:

You guys talking about Umbro should know that Umbro was bought by Nike a few years back and it’s really just a Nike label now. Same design teams and all.

10. Why have they included the barcode on the collar? Don’t like the shirt. Mind you I didn’t like last year’s and it grew on me.

11. George says:

This shirt looks like one of the old shirts from the 80′s, from Adidas. Mark Hughes can be seen wearing it. Probably from a FA Cup Final, that was the only thing we were winning then!

12. Micka says:

i don’t think this will be the kit next year and if it is i think i’ll stick with this years one :D

anyway, reason i don’t think it will be is because i saw this jersey on ebay around January and thought it was a shabby fake.
    However, I could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time :P

13. Joanna says:

I liked the ones with the gold name and number, just elegant

14. Ross says:

Don’t like it that much looks similar to either the 2001/02 or 2002/03 shirt which was OK but a bit plain, and the Adidas shirt (in the link) is awful. Really Adidas could do better than Nike not just for these kits but also for the Premier League matchball leakd photo of 2011/12 ball here :http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv189/zudomiriku/zudo%20II/Nike_Premier_League_Ball_11_12_Leaked.jpg sorry for the quality.

15. Reece says:

Wouldn’t surprise me if this was true, but i find it ridiculous that we’ll pay 40 quid for a different collar design, only reason I’m going to get this is because its simpler than the other shirt and I need one that fits better and doesn’t have my name printed on it so that i look like a wannabe twat manc fan xD

16. Sev says:

I’ve got no idea why anybody would buy a Glazer era shirt. I’m lucky to own various United shirts from the past two decades. This is similar to the 00/02 Home shirt, which in my opinion was the best looking strip United has ever worn, next to the 92/94 Third of course. All the new shirts being are ugly and get uglier by the season. Though I’ll admit, if they added Black/White/Black hoops on the sleeve ends and made the material of the shirt ‘Sportwool-ish’ then it’d be pretty nice.

Love United, Hate Glazer.

Cheers.

17. sajad says:

the design is important but not alot but the quality is themost important
    i am fan of manchester since 2003
    i am a soccer player and my wish is playing in manutd