ESPN2 TV Ratings For 2009-2010 English Premier League: Aug to Jan
It’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to share the TV ratings for ESPN2′s coverage of the Barclay’s Premier League 2009-2010 season, so here are the most recent ratings from late December 2009 through last week.
The new ratings are bolded. See below.
Nielsen Ratings for Premier League Games on ESPN2: August through January 16, 2010:
- Liverpool v Aston Villa, 8/24/2009, Monday, 3pm ET, 398,391 viewers
- Portsmouth v Manchester United, 11/28/2009, Saturday, 10am, 396,995
- Wigan v Man United, 8/22/2009, Saturday, 10am, 374,799
- Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur, 10/31/2009, Saturday, 8:45am, 325,187
- Manchester City v West Ham United, 9/28/2009, Monday, 3pm, 293,600
- Portsmouth v Burnley, 12/5/2009, Saturday, 7:45am, 278,078
- Portsmouth v Liverpool, 12/12/2009, Saturday, 7:45am, 276,160
- Stoke City v Liverpool, 1/16/2010, Saturday, 7:45am, 273,000
- Portsmouth v Everton, 9/26/2009, Saturday, 7:45am, 270,927
- Bolton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur, 10/3/2009, Saturday, 10am, 265,508
- Tottenham v Sunderland, 11/7/2009, Saturday, 10am, 259,831
- Chelsea v Burnley, 8/29/2009, Saturday, 7:45am, 253,934
- Liverpool v Burnley, 9/12/2009, Saturday, 10am, 253,779
- Aston Villa v Manchester City, 10/5/2009, Monday, 3pm, 248,956
- Birmingham City v Chelsea, 12/26/2009, Saturday, 7:45am, 246,000
- Liverpool v Manchester City, 11/21/2009, Saturday, 7:45am, 236,247
- Wolves v Manchester City, 12/28.2009, Monday, 2:45pm, 219,000
- Manchester City v Blackburn Rovers, 1/11/2010, Monday, 3pm, 209,547
- Fulham v Hull City, 10/19/2009, Monday, 3pm, 209,207
- Aston Villa v Chelsea, 10/17/2009, Saturday, 7:45am, 206,886
- Wolverhampton Wanderers v Aston Villa, 10/24/2009, Saturday, 7:45am, 204,882
- Stoke City v Wigan Athletic, 12/12/09, Saturday, 7:45am, 202,000
- Burnley v Sunderland, 9/19/2009, Saturday, 7:45am, 199,380
- Liverpool v Birmingham City, 11/9/2009, Monday, 3pm, 182,138
- Chelsea v Hull City, 8/15/2009, Saturday, 7:45am, 164,485
The new ratings are disappointing in that they didn’t break the 300,000 barrier for number of viewers. However, the games shown haven’t featured clashes between the big sides.
Better news for ESPN (and soccer fans Stateside) is that the Disney owned channel will be featuring some more attractive games within the next couple of months including Liverpool v Everton (February 6), Everton v Manchester United (February 20), Chelsea v Manchester City (February 27), Manchester City v Spurs (March 6) and Manchester United v Fulham (March 13).