ESPN2 TV Ratings For Wolves v Aston Villa Revealed
It’s no surprise that last Saturday’s Wolverhampton Wanderers against Aston Villa tie didn’t garner a massive audience on ESPN2. In fact, it was the third lowest viewed match of the season on ESPN2.
Here are the Nielsen ratings for the Premier League matches televised by ESPN2 so far this season (from highest to lowest audience figures):
- Liverpool v Aston Villa, Mon., Aug. 24, 3 pm, 398,391 viewers
- Wigan v Man United, Sat., Aug. 22, 10 am, 374,799
- Manchester City v West Ham United, Mon., Sept. 28, 3pm, 293,600
- Portsmouth v Everton, Sat., Sept. 26, 7:45am, 270,927
- Bolton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur, Sat., Oct. 3, 10am, 265,508
- Chelsea v Burnley, Sat., Aug. 29, 7:45 am, 253,934
- Liverpool v Burnley, Sat., Sept. 12, 10 am, 253,779
- Aston Villa v Manchester City, Mon., Oct. 5, 3 pm, 248,956
- Fulham v Hull City, Mon., Oct. 19, 3 pm, 209,207
- Aston Villa v Chelsea, Sat., Oct. 17, 7:45 am, 206,886
- Wolverhampton Wanderers v Aston Villa, Sat., Oct. 24, 7:45 am, 204,882
- Burnley v Sunderland, Sat., Sept. 19, 7:45 am, 199,380
- Chelsea v Hull City, Sat., Aug. 15, 7:45 am, 164,485
Despite the disappointing number of viewers for the Birmingham derby, the telecast still generated more viewers than Sunday’s match-up between Barcelona and Real Zaragoza on ESPN2, which had 136,352 viewers according to Nielsen Ratings.
The true test for ESPN2 will be this Saturday’s biggest game of the season for the Disney-owned channel when Arsenal faces Tottenham Hotspur in the north London derby which kicks off at 8:45am ET. Coverage begins at 8:30am. Arsenal plus Tottenham Hotspur in HD on a Saturday morning. Does it get any better than that?