Podcast Audio

The last few podcasts have been exciting endeavors as MLS Talk aimed to and hopefully provided the most comprehensive coverage experience of the USMNT run in the Confederations Cup.  However, the rushed nature of the post match shows led to poor quality control and I am sorry to admit that the audio quality of those shows was unacceptable by the long established standard for our podcasts. Please be rest assured that beginning with the next MLS Talk Podcast the audio will return to our usual high quality and the production will be crisper. By releasing the podcasts so quickly after each match we cut corners on production quality and that will not happen again.

Thank you again for listening to the MLS Talk Podcast.

- Kartik

This entry was posted in Leagues: Major League Soccer, Podcast. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Podcast Audio

1. BayVol says:

Thanks for the coverage on the CC. By far the best on the web out there. We all appreciate the quick turnaround due to the nature of the tournament.

Continued success!

2. ajr says:

either way still enjoyed them and never notice any lack in quality

3. park bolivar says:

Absolutely, I can deal with a little snap, crackle, and pop, and adjust the volume a little bit, but, meh, top notch content! It’s like you’re FDR, tellin’ us about association football via fireside chats.

4. timmyg says:

no worries, kartik. i was glued to each release after each match.

quick question though — how do you record your podcasts, via computer?

if too lengthy for a comment, feel free to e-mail me at timmyintransit@gmail.com.

cheers.

5. Stearling says:

So did you choose to ignore Portland v Seattle and the 16,382 of us who attended last nite or is that article forthcoming? ;)

6. Kartik says:

thanks for producing these. I just have to remember to put the volume down anytime you start speaking :)

7. Kartik says:

and I mean that because you’re really loud

8. Park Bolivar………….lol, does sound kind of like a fireside chats!

9. FDR making speeches during the depression perhaps I could recreate. Thanks! PB. :)

10. Casey says:

I really couldn’t tell a differnce. Maybe thats because I was so amazed by the great in depth coverage that I didn’t notice. =)

11. Juan-John says:

The sound quality was bad? Really? Seriously? What — did you get some troll e-mailing you, complaining that they had to adjust the tweeter and woofer on their stereos or something?

Dude, THEY WERE GREAT! Keep up the good work. :-)

12. eplnfl says:

Kartik, all we ask is that you keep them coming. A clear sound track means nothing if the quality is not there. Your top notch as goes the quality of the shows period.

Your US/Brazil podcast was superior stuff. You assembled a quality panel and shortly after maybe the biggest game in US soccer history you were on the air. Your performed your role as moderator and host without a flaw. A professional job by you, a lesser host would have wanted to jump into the conversations but you kept the show going.

So, good luck on future casts and looking forward to the 100th show.

13. bq says:

I really didn’t think the quality was that bad. What’s up with the apology, did The Gaffer get all worked up? By the way, I emailed Chris and he never responded.