SUN, 8:30AM ET
EVE
CRY
SUN, 3PM ET
LEV
BAR

Premiership Countdown: 41 Days to Go

fa premier league logo large.0 Premiership Countdown: 41 Days to GoAlthough the Premiership TV schedules for Fox Soccer Channel and Setanta Sports haven’t been released yet, EPL Talk has put on its thinking cap and can deduce that the following matches will be shown in North America.

Saturday, August 19th, 7:45am ET
Sheffield United v Liverpool (TBD)

Saturday, August 19th, 10am ET
To be determined (Setanta Sports)

Saturday, August 19th, 12:15pm ET
Bolton v Spurs (Fox Soccer Channel)

Saturday, August 19th, 3pm ET
To be determined [tape delayed] (Fox Soccer Channel)

Sunday, August 20th, 8:30am ET
Manchester United v Fulham (Setanta Sports)

Sunday, August 20th, 1pm ET
Chelsea v Manchester City [tape delayed] (Fox Soccer Channel)

If you missed the news about Setanta Sports sublicensing the rights to select Premiership matches in North America, read the story here.

For the latest English Premier TV listings and much more, visit EPLTalk.com and be sure to visit it throughout this summer as the listings will be updated often.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Premiership Countdown: 41 Days to Go

1. JC says:

Gaffer, can you find out if any or all of Setanta’s coverage will be live on their broadband service? I live in an apartment in New York City which means I’m unable to get DirectTV (and I assume there’s a lot of soccer fans in NYC with the same problem).

Setanta offers some broadcasts over the internet, I’m hoping you might have a contact who might know something. Here’s the link to their broadband page:

Thanks!!

2. The Gaffer says:

JC:

No worries. I put a call in to Setanta on Friday and they said they’ll be in touch with me this week. So as soon as I get more news, I’ll let you and the readers know.

However, I don’t think the Premiership matches will be available on Setanta Broadband (see review of the service in the second issue of the EPL Talk Magazine). Reason being is that Setanta Sports sublicensed the video rights only from Fox Soccer Channel, and I don’t believe that included the Internet rights.

I’ll get clarification on that, though, and will report back with the news.

3. Dennis says:

Gaffer, your 7:45 AM est game is incorrect…it wont be Sheffield United vs. Liverpool.

FSC is not showing the 7:45 AM game this year to appease those on the west coast.

They will be showing a 10 AM est match live, followed by a 12:00 PM est match live then a 3 PM est match on tape delay.

4. The Gaffer says:

Dennis:

Say it isn’t so! If FSC won’t be showing the 7:45am Saturday matches, that’s terrible news for Premiership fans in America.

Dennis, where did you hear this news about the 7:45am games not being shown?

In the meantime, I’ll contact FSC to see if I can get clarification.

5. The Gaffer says:

All,

I just found out that there’s still a lot of work being done “behind-the-scenes” regarding Premiership matches being shown in North America.

Unfortunately, until everything is official, I can’t say anything. But stay tuned to this blog for all of the latest news and inside scoop.

Best regards,

6. Dennis says:

Gaffer, it would be great news for us West Coasters who have to get up at 4:30 AM for the first live match…and then have to wait 2+ hours for the next one, although the German Bundesliga has been follwoing the first EPL game.

How can 4 stratight hours of Live premiership be a disaster? Are East Coasters that attached to their 7:30 AM game?

7. Dennis says:

Here is where I read it…good soccer source although he didn’t link it.

8. Anonymous says:

Am I understanding this right?
    FSC is just not going to broadcast the 4:45 PST game even though they have the rights to do so? Are they going to air them on a delay?
    And the games being broadcast on Setanta are going to be the games that would otherwise be on PPV?

I understand the need to “spread the wealth”, but good grief.

9. Dennis says:

Here is the link…thanks to FSquid

10. The Gaffer says:

All will be revealed in the next few days when the announcement can be made official, but keep on checking back to this site for the official word. I can’t say anything more than that right now, sorry.

*If* the 7:45am ET/4:45am PT Saturday game was removed, this would be disappointing because it’s usually one of the glamor matches of the weekend. For example, remember the Chelsea versus Man United match near the end of the season where Rooney got injured and Joe Cole won Chelsea the match (and inevitably the title)?

Imagine if we missed that. There are other reasons too why the 7:45/4:45am match would be a shame to lose, but let’s wait until the official announcement so we know what the outcome is.

All I can say is that there will be some big changes.