In the United States, you can watch the UEFA Super Cup on TV. Real Madrid, the now-14-time Champions League winners, take on Europa League champions Eintracht Frankfurt from Helsinki. You can watch the game on both Paramount+ and CBS Sports Network.
As part of its coverage to broadcast the entirety of the UEFA continental club competitions, CBS has full coverage of this fixture. For the ultimate fan, there is pregame and postgame coverage as well. However, it is not the usual crew that broadcasts either the Champions League or Europa League.
Watch the UEFA Super Cup
Yet, it is on the same platforms. CBS Sports Network, which is available on a number of cable and streaming platforms, has full coverage of the game. This includes a 30-minute pregame show and a postgame program following the game.
The same availability exists if you have a subscription to Paramount+, the paid-streaming service for CBS. Generally speaking, Paramount+ holds each of the Champions League games in the United States, as well as the Europa and Conference Leagues. Therefore, consider this a tune-up for the CBS crew ahead of the full season of competition.
Watch the UEFA Super Cup on TV
Includes: Champions League, Serie A & More
Kickoff is scheduled for 3 p.m. on Wednesday, August 10.
UEFA Super Cup on TV
As stated, the crew for the UEFA Super Cup is somewhat different on TV for this game. Seema Jaswal is the lead studio host, joined by former Liverpool forward Luis García and former USMNT midfielder Jermaine Jones. In fact, Jones played for Eintracht Frankfurt during his playing days. Previously, Jones has appeared on broadcasts from FOX Sports and ESPN.
The rest of the crew are familiar faces for the viewers of the Champions League and Europa League on CBS. Guillem Balagué will be in Helsinki as the on-field reporter. Plus, Christina Unkel is the rules expert on standby.
On the call for the game are Clive Tyldesley and Rob Green, a familiar pair for worldwide soccer fans.
Eintracht Frankfurt versus Real Madrid
The UEFA Super Cup is an annual game between the previous season’s winner of the Champions League and Europa League. Over recent years, the Champions League winner has a stranglehold over the competition. Interestingly, three Europa-League-winning teams won the competition over the last 13 games. In each of those, Atletico Madrid was the Europa-League winning team to defeat a Champions League winner. It did so in 2010, 2012 and 2018.
Plus, these games always entertain. Each of the last four contests, and seven of the last nine, went beyond the regulation 90 minutes.
In this game, Real Madrid seeks its fifth UEFA Super Cup title, which would tie it with Barcelona and Milan for most in the competition’s history. This is Eintracht Frankfurt’s first time qualifying for the UEFA Super Cup.
PHOTO: Oliver Hardt – UEFA/UEFA via Getty Images
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss
- Bundesliga in talks with private equity firms to sell media rights
- Gareth Bale debuts own craft beer ahead of World Cup