The 2022/23 Bundesliga predictions likely share one commonality: Bayern Munich wins the Meisterschale. After all, the most successful side in the history of German soccer lays claim to the last ten league titles. Now, it hunts a decade of domination.
This is the one major criticism of the Bundesliga, that it is a one-team league. However, that does not take into account the battle of teams trying to reach Europe. Nor does it feature what is often the most dramatic relegation battles.
On the top of the table, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and even a club like Eintracht Frankfurt, which won last season’s Europa League, all have reason to think top four is more than attainable. Same goes for Bayer Leverkusen, Wolfsburg or an upstart Freiburg.
Werder Bremen and Schalke 04, a pair of historically significant teams in Germany’s top flight, rejoin the fray in the Bundesliga. Despite recent relegations, both clubs have historical and recent success in the Bundesliga. Schalke finished second in the league just five seasons ago in 2017/18. Werder Bremen finished eighth in the league in 2018/19. Plus, both spent just one season down in the 2. Bundesliga.
With the Bundesliga being one of the first leagues to kick off its new campaign, we want to know your predictions for the 2022/23 campaign. With only 18 teams in the league, the bottom two teams face automatic relegation to 2. Bundesliga. The 16th-placed team enters a two-game playoff against the third-place team in the 2. Bundesliga. In fact, that is why Hertha Berlin is still in this season’s Bundesliga. The side prevented Hamburg, another power of German soccer, from rejoining the Bundesliga.
Now, let us know your table predictions for the 2022/23 campaign using the comment section below.
2022/23 Bundesliga predictions
The 2022/23 Bundesliga campaign kicks off on Friday, August 5. Eintracht Frankfurt battles defending champions Bayern Munich with both teams holding high aspirations for this season. Coverage throughout the season comes on ESPN+.
Watch German soccer
Also includes: 2 Bundesliga, La Liga & More
1. Bayern Munich
2. RB Leipzig
3. Borussia Dortmund
4. Eintracht Frankfurt
5. SC Freiburg
6. Bayer Leverkusen
8. Union Berlin
9. Borussia Monchengladbach
12. Hertha Berlin
14. Schalke 04
15. Werder Bremen
16. FC Koln
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Barcelona finally register Lewandowski on eve of new season
- English teen Bynoe-Gittens propels Dortmund to 3-1 comeback win over Freiburg
- Willian leaves Corinthians following death threats
- Seven-time winner Messi misses out on Ballon d’Or nomination
- EPL commentators on NBC: August 13 to 15
- Rush from potential tenants for Cruyff’s boyhood home
- Tottenham boss Conte relishing heated Chelsea challenge
- Haaland’s will to win impresses Guardiola
- Benzema, Courtois and De Bruyne nominated for UEFA award
- Serbia’s Kostic completes Juventus move