Inter to summon De Boer after latest defeat – report

Milan (AFP) – Inter Milan will host crisis talks with coach Frank De Boer, according to reports, as the Serie A giants slipped to their third consecutive league defeat to fall further out of title contention.

Inter invested heavily in the close season and parachuted former Ajax coach De Boer in to replace Roberto Mancini two weeks before the start of the season.

But Inter’s 2-1 defeat at Atalanta on Sunday made it three league defeats in a row, following a shock home defeat to Cagliari last week and a 2-1 reverse at Roma earlier this month.

The last time Inter lost three on the trot was in 2013 when Andrea Stramaccioni was at the helm.

A report by Rai Sport said De Boer is set to meet with club management and Chinese owners Suning on Wednesday.

Inter host Torino at the San Siro the same day but De Boer, who spent the bulk of his career at Ajax and Barcelona, said for him it’s business as usual.

“I don’t know what’s happening (behind the scenes), I am here and I’ll be analysing this match to prepare better for the ones coming up, hopefully with a view towards beating Torino,” said De Boer.

“That’s all I can do right now, work hard with the players and the staff. I know it’s a difficult moment and the result is important, but in the short time I’ve been here I’ve come to understand how well I can do with this team.

“Results are decisive, but we’ve made quite a few positive steps forward.”

Inter last tasted glory in 2011 with their seventh Italian Cup triumph.

A season earlier, Jose Mourinho led Inter to the league, Cup and Champions League treble, adding the Italian SuperCup a few months later.

Leave a Reply