World Soccer Talk Is Seeking a Managing Editor Intern
Do you know someone who might want to intern with World Soccer Talk as a managing editor?
We’re currently seeking a hardcore soccer fan who has a core set of writing and proofing skills, and is interested in gaining valuable experience working for one of the leading independent soccer sites on the Web.
In the role of Managing Editor intern, the person will learn how to:
• Use a content management system such as WordPress,
• Write effective headlines,
• Manage contributing writers (including assigning stories and copyediting articles),
• Utilize Google Analytics to discover trends,
• Use tools to develop story ideas and stay on top of breaking stories,
• Work virtually for one of the leading soccer sites in the country, in a incredibly exciting environment,
• And work with major soccer brands on stories in the run-up to the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
The skills and hands-on experience the intern will learn in this position will be extremely valuable to help land a future job in sports or other industries. The Managing Editor intern needs to be energetic, possess excellent communication skills, be a stickler for details and can manage his or her time effectively.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send all enquiries to web[at]worldsoccertalk[dot]com.