West Ham United have been dealt a blow by The FA’s decision to let the three match ban against Andy Carroll stand, despite the club threatening legal action and taking the matter to high court.
Sam Allardyce and West Ham owners David Sullivan and David Gold were hopeful that The FA would overturn its decision to give Carroll a three match ban. With the striker missing most of the season due to injury, the three match ban could be the difference between the Hammers staying up or being relegated this season.
Carroll received the ban after hitting Swansea defender Chico Flores in last Saturday’s relegation clash between the two sides.
Here are today’s world soccer news stories:
- Fulham’s Hugo Rodallega slams ‘disrespectful’ Rene Meulensteen after upsetting substitution — Sky Sports
- West Ham boss Sam Allardyce claims Chico’s Andy Carroll reaction got Michael Laudrup sacked — Wales Online
- Sunderland’s Adam Johnson heaps praise on Jozy Altidore — Sky Sports
- Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: ‘We’re burning to create history by doing derby double’ — Wales Online
- Manchester City set to overtake Arsenal in terms of stadium capacity — The Independent
- Garry Monk to make big Swansea City fitness calls on Michu and Michel Vorm ahead of South Wales derby — Wales Online
- Is soccer destined to become America’s national pastime? — Huffington Post
- Frank De Boer: Liverpool or Tottenham jobs interest Ajax coach — BBC Sport
- Liverpool named number one club in India — Liverpool FC
- Everton punching above financial weight as trip to top-four rivals Tottenham looms — Sporting Intelligence
- Glenn Hoddle confirms he will NOT take the vacant manager’s job at Swansea — The Mirror
- Sepp Blatter hints at 2015 Fifa presidency run — BBC Sport
- Referee who sent off Cristiano Ronaldo suspended for a month — The Guardian
- Leeds sale held up by Football League as they claim they are yet to receive ‘all the information it has requested’ regarding Massimo Cellino’s takeover — Independent
- Football League clubs say yes to safe standing — FC Business
- David Beckham’s plan for Miami MLS club hinges on a stadium deal — Sports Illustrated
- Toronto FC to grab Brazilian national team ‘keeper Julio Cesar on loan — Pro Soccer Tlk
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.