Newcastle United face a busy day in the transfer window today as midfielder Yohan Cabaye looks set to join Paris Saint-Germain for £20million, while Dutch striker Luuk De Jong is heading from Borussia Monchengladbach to Newcastle on a loan deal.
With United striker Papiss Cisse rumored to be heading to the Middle East or Turkey in this transfer window, picking up De Jong (subject to a medical and agreeing terms) will be a good bit of business for the Newcastle club.
For Cabaye, a fee has been agreed between both clubs. The French midfielder is having a medical today before finalizing his move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Newcastle hoping to seal loan move for Holland striker Luuk de Jong — The Guardian
- Yohan Cabaye: Newcastle agree transfer fee with Paris St-Germain — BBC Sport
- Cardiff City confirm the arrival of striker Kenwyne Jones from Stoke — Cardiff City
- Stoke have completed the signing of striker Peter Odemwingie from Cardiff City — Stoke City
- Arsene Wenger to sign 3 year contract at Arsenal worth £24m — 101GG
- West Ham debts rise to £77m as owners make club further loan of £10.5m — The Guardian
- Dave Jones returns to Cardiff City as adviser to Vincent Tan — Wales Online
- Ross Barkley return lifts Everton for Liverpool clash as Roberto Martinez — The Mirror
- Vlad Chiriches caught drunk in Bucharest 2014 — YouTube
- Mohamed Salah agent claims Reds were not decisive enough — The Mirror
- Lifelong Everton fan gets Liverpool tattoo to support boy suffering from mystery illness — Liverpool Echo
- John Guidetti angry at lack of action with Stoke City after loan move — The Guardian
- Wilfried Zaha and Fabio da Silva set for Cardiff move — Manchester United
- Steven Gerrard makes £96,000 donation to Hillsborough Families Support Group — The Mail
- Hearts midfielder Adam King set to join Swansea — Sky Sports
- These old kits deserve respect — Ffwtbol
- Hillsborough ‘cover-up’: ‘Major’ police suspects to be quizzed as allegations of tampering with policemen’s accounts grow further — The Mirror
- Kit deal puts pressure on Arsenal to lower prices — The Independent
- Liverpool win battle for cheaper tickets as Arsenal set to make FA Cup tie a Category B fixture — The Telegraph
- Phil Bardsley set to land new deal at Sunderland just six months after being told he could leave — The Mirror
- Andy Gray’s solid return sets of alarm bells at Sky as options open up — The Mail
- France Football tip Bacary Sagna to sign new Arsenal deal — 101GG
- Can Timothy Chandler make a late World Cup roster dash? — Pro Soccer Talk
- Union acquire U.S. Men’s National Team midfielder Maurice Edu on season long loan — Philadelphia Union
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.