FA Commission Discussing January Winter Break for Premier League: Daily Soccer Report
The FA Commission are discussing the possibility of instituting a Premier League winter break, according to The Daily Telegraph reporter Henry Winter.
The Premier League winter break is being proposed between for future January’s between the third round and fourth round of the FA Cup tournament.
Winter’s opinion regarding the proposed change is:
“Xmas/NY games wonderful tradition. Mustn’t be touched.”
I agree with Winter, but I would add that instituting a winter break would be a poor decision because many of the top Premier League clubs would probably use the time to play friendly matches to generate more revenue for the clubs, just as Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are doing in Qatar next week during the winter breaks for Spain and France.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Jose Mourinho wants to be reunited with Gonzalo Higuain — Metro
- Cardiff Chairman says a new manager could still be brought in if a solution isn’t found — The Mirror
- Arsène Wenger admits Arsenal have been psychologically affected by recent high-profile defeats — Telegraph
- West Ham confirm interest in former Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan — The Independent
- Chelsea target Fredy Guarin wants Inter Milan stay — ESPN FC
- Manchester United plot £30m Koke raid on January 1 — The Mirror
- Former Crystal Palace chairman and Brentford manager Ron Noades dies — Sky Sports
- Wesley Sneijder is staying at Galatasaray stopping Manchester United move — The Mail
- Celtic’s Joe Ledley is Crystal Palace target — The Scotsman
- PSG have made Newcastle’s Cabaye their priority in January, hope to sign Chelsea’s Mata too — 101GG
- Tim Sherwood speaks of pride and honor at being appointed Spurs head coach — The Mirror
- Tim Sherwood thrilled by Tottenham job: ‘I bleed the colour of the club’ — The Guardian
- Luis Suarez can’t understand his daughter’s Scouse accent — Metro
- Luke Shaw transfer: Chelsea and Manchester United target is NOT for sale says Southampton boss — The Mirror
- Rio Ferdinand could retire at end of season — ESPN FC
- Southampton wants former €20m Arsenal striker Carlos Vela — FutNSoccer
- Yohan Cabaye won’t leave the Magpies in January — Metro
- Manchester United defender Phil Jones sidelined for two weeks — ESPN FC
- Adam Lallana gets married on Christmas Day to avoid clash with World Cup — Pro Soccer Talk
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.