Daniel Levy Could Keep Tim Sherwood in Charge At Tottenham Until Summer: Daily Soccer Report
Tottenham Hotspur face a perilous situation where they have very few worthy options of managers to hire that will be able to step into the cauldron at White Hart Lane, play attractive football and help the club qualify for the UEFA Champions League. With so few managers being available, The Daily Mail newspaper reports that their sources indicate that interim manager Tim Sherwood could be in charge until the summer.
Both Frank de Boer and Rafa Benitez have been indicated as suitable replacements for Andre Villas-Boas but both managers won’t leave their clubs mid-season. Meanwhile, other managers such as Louis Van Gaal and Fabio Capello could be considered, but both men are managing World Cup teams and they won’t want to disrupt their preparations for the national teams in the run-up to the World Cup 2014 tournament.
Tottenham Chairman Daniel Levy has put his club in a difficult position where it’s a tough time to find a replacement. The only name that comes to my mind of someone who can step in and turn things around for Tottenham, and who is available right now, is Roberto Di Matteo.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Daniel Levy could keep Tim Sherwood in charge until summer — The Mail
- Spurs left frustrated in search for manager — The Telegraph
- Premier League title is Man City’s to lose says Brendan Rodgers — BBC Sport
- Tottenham Hotspur plunged into utter chaos when Franco Baldini offered to resign after AVB left — Telegraph
- José Mourinho ends his long-running feud with André Villas-Boas — The Guardian
- Richard Scudamore wants player betting ban to stop match fixing — BBC Sport
- Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan ponders Malky Mackay’s fate following huge fans’ backlash — Wales Online
- More comedy at Cardiff, as Vincent Tan-appointed Kazakh quits over work permit — Malaysian Insider
- I won’t resign as Cardiff City boss, vows Malky Mackay — Evening Standard
- Sven-Goran Eriksson tipped to replace Malky Mackay at Cardiff City — The Mail
- Next Cardiff manager: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is a target — The Mirror
- Jake Livermore broke expensive camera celebrating Hull goal, pays back owner — Bleacher Report
- Chelsea and Real Madrid eye move for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney — Metro
- Suarez has an exit clause in his new Liverpool contract for not reaching the Champions League — 101GG
- Dutch master Louis van Gaal eyes Premier League job after next summer’s World Cup — The Mirror
- Tottenham target Holland boss Louis Van Gaal — Metro
- Hull closing in on £2m deal for Filip Djordjevic as club considers new bid for Shane Long — The Mail
- Arsenal set to target Real Madrid pair Iker Casillas and Alvaro Morata in January — Metro
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.