Hodgson Calls Up Southampton Trio of Lallana, Rodriguez and Lambert to England Squad: Daily Soccer Report
Roy Hodgson has announced his England squad for the upcoming friendlies against Chile and Germany, and has included the Southampton trio of Adam Lallana, Jay Rodriguez and Rickie Lambert in the squad.
The squad is as follows:
Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Joe Hart and John Ruddy
Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker
Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere.
Forwards: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Jay Rodriguez, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge and Daniel Welbeck.
The call-up for Jay Rodriguez is his first ever for England.
Here’s the video footage from Hodgson’s press conference today:
England plays Chile on November 15 and Germany on November 19.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Saints striker Jay Rodriguez earns first call-up to Roy Hodgson’s England squad — The FA
- Roy Hodgson confirms goalkeeper Joe Hart will sit out one of the two friendlies against Chile or Germany — Independent
- Ronaldo supports peaceful protests but insistent 2014 will be positive for Brazil — Inside World Football
- Bayern Munich target Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero — Football.co.uk
- Hull City’s Sone Aluko out for up to 10 weeks with Achilles injury — BBC Sport
- Roberto Martinez supports extra concussion substitute — Pro Soccer Talk
- Ashley Young has fallen so low at United there may be no way back — The Independent
- Fulham striker Hugo Rodallega out for five to six weeks — Sky Sports
- Tottenham fans have their interest piqued as Brazilian striker Hulk says he wants to reunite with AVB — 101GG
- Roberto Martínez hits back at André Villas-Boas over concussion row — The Guardian
- Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey ‘reminded of responsibilities’ after gesture — Sky Sports
- Nat Lofthouse collection auctioned for over £100,000 — BBC Sport
- Vito Mannone vows to fight to be Sunderland’s No1 — Shields Gazette
- Gus Poyet: Sunderland team learning a new style of play — BBC Sport
- Roberto Martinez is awaiting Roberto Soldado’s apology — ToffeeWeb
- We’re more balanced without Gareth Bale, says Lewis Holtby — Metro
- Adidas denies plot to move Barcelona star Lionel Messi to Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Chelsea — ESPN FC
- Lionel Messi scored an unreal backheel golazo v AC Milan, sadly it was offside — 101GG
UEFA Champions League
- Police lay blame at Celtic fans’ door after trouble in Amsterdam — Sky Sports
- Eight Amsterdam police officers hurt in Celtic clashes — The Independent
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.