Robin van Persie Ruled Out of League Cup Match Against Liverpool: Daily Soccer Report
David Moyes has ruled Robin van Persie out of tomorrow’s League Cup match against Liverpool due to his injury.
The Dutch striker picked up a groin injury prior to the match against Manchester City. And now Moyes is saying that the player has an ”outside chance” of featuring against West Brom in the Premier League on September 28.
This, obviously, will come as a huge blow to United who look like a different team when van Persie isn’t playing. With confidence low at United, this is a prime opportunity for Liverpool to deliver a psychological blow to United, putting more pressure on manager David Moyes.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Robin van Persie ruled out of League Cup match against Liverpool — Goal
- Sunderland may need to persuade Roberto Di Matteo to take job — Newcastle Journal
- Man United missed out on Gareth Bale after submitting bid, says Real Madrid president — Telegraph
- Gianfranco Zola rejects chance to be Sunderland manager — Shields Gazette
- Fulham’s League Cup clash with Everton is crucial to Martin Jol’s job security and fans’ sanity — Metro
- Commercial activity boost Arsenal’s turnover — FC Business
- Liverpool given green light to sign Xabi Alonso in January transfer window — Metro
- Kenwyne Jones reveals level of disharmony under former Stoke City manager Tony Pulis — Independent
- Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj wanted by Juventus — The Mail
- Arsenal fans calls for further investment – claiming £42.5m signing of Mesut Ozil leaves Arsene Wenger with £80m to spend — Independent
- Patrick Barclay: It wasn’t just Paolo Di Canio who acted barmily at Sunderland — Evening Standard
- Kieron Dyer: I want to raise £1million for Sir Bobby Robson’s charity — Newcastle Chronicle
- Newcastle’s Joe Kinnear has gone missing, posters go up on lamp posts in Tyneside — 101GG
- Mark Schwarzer dropped by Australia following 6-0 humiliation against Brazil — Independent
- The FA reports strong financial performance — FC Business
- Euro 2020: Wales and England bidding to host final and semi-finals — Sky Sports
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.