SAT, 8:45AM ET
HUL
SOU
SAT, 11AM ET
STO
WHU

Are These the USMNT Home and Away Shirts for the 2014 World Cup? [PHOTOS]

usmnt home away shirts 2014 world cup Are These the USMNT Home and Away Shirts for the 2014 World Cup? [PHOTOS]

Are these the USMNT home and away shirts that the USA will wear at FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil?

The leaked images are supposedly the new home and away jerseys that the US men’s national team will wear. Before we discuss the designs, it’s important to note that the shirt designs have retained the centennial national team crest that has been worn by the USA this year. Hopefully the US Soccer Federation have decided to keep the 100-year crest as their new, permanent crest. If so, it’s a wise choice and will be a huge hit with US soccer fans.

The USA home shirt features a white shirt complemented with a blue sash across the chest, blue sleeves and white cuffs. The shirt also features a blue collar and 1he aforementioned US Soccer team crest. Overall, while very stylish, the home shirt looks more like a Ralph Lauren polo shirt than a soccer shirt, but I still quite like the design.

The USMNT away shirt is more traditional in style, featuring a white round collar and navy blue shirt.

Whether the home and away shirts are the authentic shirts that the USMNT will wear next summer, we’ll have to wait and see. But according to the source material, it’s a trusted source with connections to Nike.

If these are the USMNT home and away shirts for FIFA World Cup 2014, what are your thoughts about them? Love them, hate them or indifferent? Share your feedback in the comments section below.

And don’t forget to browse through all of the USMNT and world soccer shirts in the World Soccer Talk shop.

H/T SportsLogo.

This entry was posted in Leagues: Major League Soccer, US National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Are These the USMNT Home and Away Shirts for the 2014 World Cup? [PHOTOS]

1. Rubio says:

Oh dear me. The shirt on the left is insane. Love it. Love it. Love it.

2. Justin says:

I like these, especially the throwback collar on the white kit. Simplicity is nice on the blue as well, but need to see the shorts/socks to make a real judgement call.

Now, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the “waldo” stripes were starting to grow on me. Particularly because it is rather iconic and no other international team rocks stripes… But I suppose the sash has its own history.

3. Bishopville Red says:

Not a bad looking kit, but seeing as they’re going back to Brazil, they really should have gone for the Gaetjens:

SB

4. Harry Cee says:

I. LOVE. THE. WHITE KIT!!!!

5. DZ says:

As long as they keep that badge in perpetuity and DO NOT revert to that sophomoric US Soccer badge, I’m happy. Thought the horiz stripes were OK, but have always liked the sash versions. Both look good in my view, away kit is a bit bland.

6. Evan says:

Absolutely brilliant.

7. Dean Stell says:

I don’t mind either of them too much. I kinda think the sash looks dumb. I don’t mind it on the PLAYERS when they are playing, but I don’t really like going out in public wearing a replica shirt with a sash. Sashes are for beauty queens.

As several other commentators have noted, I LOVE the Waldo-stripes. I just like red better as a color than blue. I just don’t like seeing Chelsea colors on my country’s kit. :)

• adams says:

Agree, the waldo-stripes (especially with blue shorts) are very nice.

I’m totally fine with the sash in general, the red top with blue sash and blue pants i think as been the best look. However I hate this white kit, HATE it.

Just the sash? Fine.

Just the sleeves colored? Fine. (kinda of a reverse arsenal with blue (arsenal fan here))

BUT BOTH!? ugh….dreadful

8. andrew says:

I highly doubt these are real. I think the Centennial Crest was a one off. That crest is just too hard to trademark and I don’t see them sticking with it, as much as they should.

9. MG12 says:

These look horrible. The away shirt looks like a t-shirt with a white collar, while the home shirt looks like a polo shirt and would look more suitable on a 1980′s fraternity rugy team.

10. goatslookshifty says:

It looks like a Polo shirt(the sport, not the style)and the blue one is just as naff as the England home kit.

11. Smokey Bacon says:

The white one would look better with white sleeves but overall very nice. Agree the badge is much nicer than the old one. Shame these kits will only get 3 games :)

12. Frank says:

Also for the love of God keep that crest FOREVER! the other one screams sporting goods store.

13. Eplnfl says:

Love the solid blue.

14. CTBlues says:

I love them both and will be stoked if they keep that crest permanently.

15. StellaWasAlwaysDown says:

Love the current stripes, but these are nice. I agree with most of the above comments about keeping the crest permanently.

I know we are trying to be taken seriously as a national team, but I kinda miss some of the whacky 90′s designs! Let it all out! Have fun with it. :)

16. KapUSMC says:

BRING BACK THE DENIM!

17. Marc E says:

Kill the white. Diagonals are always a reach and a miss, and there’s too much blue if the opponent’s road kit is navy.