In the merry-go-round of the Gareth Bale transfer saga, the latest development is that a source close to Bale says that the Tottenham star is disappointed with Andre Villas-Boas’s comments from yesterday where he said the player is not for sale.
Tottenham manager Villas-Boas said yesterday that Bale is not for sale, and that “These rumors of an imminent transfer are not true.”
However, a source close to Bale (presumably his agent) spoke to Sky Sports today, and here’s what the Sky Sports reporter revealed:
“I’ve been speaking to a source close to Gareth Bale, who says that Bale is both unhappy and disappointed by the comments his manager made in that interview. In particular, that he is not for sale.
“Gareth Bale missed the match with Monaco yesterday because of a foot injury and I’ve been told it’s unlikely he’ll take part in training next week.
“A lot has been said about how much Madrid would be willing to pay for Bale. I’ve simply been told it’s a world record fee, so upwards of £80m.
“It’s not clear whether Bale will put in a transfer request but the source is still pretty confident that the player will be moving to Real Madrid. Nothing is imminent though.”
Here we go again. It appears that the tussle is between Gareth Bale’s agent and Tottenham Hotspur, with Bale’s agent trying to push through a deal for Real Madrid while Spurs are trying to push back and hopefully sign Bale to an extended contract. Who’s going to win in the end? What’s your analysis regarding the back-and-forth dealings? Let us know in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Andre Villas-Boas comments disappoint Gareth Bale, says report — Sky Sports
- 20 mins before kick-off, Man Utd refused to play A-League All Stars due to a cola dispute — 101GG
- Newcastle United’s loan bid for Loic Remy faces competition — Newcastle Chronicle
- Newcastle United could face further delays on Bafetimbi Gomis deal — Newcastle Chronicle
- Wigan prepared to cut price for Newcastle target James McCarthy — Newcastle Chronicle
- Arsenal striker Gervinho arrives for Roma for medical — Football Italia
- Luis Suarez will not go to Arsenal says former Liverpool exec Christian Purslow — BBC Sport
- Chelsea’s David Luiz would take a pay cut to join Barcelona this summer — 101GG
- Real Madrid v Everton International Champions Cup highlights — FOX Soccer
- Sir Alex Ferguson writes an open letter about the growing strength of the English game — Telegraph
- Man United chase Bayern ace Schweinsteiger — FOX Soccer
- Soccer 88 – Daily Mirror sticker album — The Football Attic
- Liverpool too small for Suarez, says Comolli — Metro
- Fulham closing in on deal for QPR playmaker Adel Taarabt — Off The Post
- Pelé present for correct result on New York Cosmos return – a win — The Guardian
- Los Angeles Galaxy v Juventus International Champions Cup highlights — FOX Soccer
- Gus Poyet taking Brighton to court over sacking — Sky Sports
- Jeff Stelling rages at the SSN vidiprinter after it freezes on the opening day of the season — 101GG
- Fans invade pitch during Crawley-Coventry City match — Deadspin
Scottish Professional Football League
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.