Everton Football Club are exploring options to build a new ground near Goodison Park in Liverpool.
“We have identified a site close to Goodison and we have a [Liverpool] council at the moment who are extremely positive in their desire to help us,” said Everton chairman Bill Kenwright. “If we take forward what we’re looking at now, I think you would be happier than sharing with the Reds.”
Kenwright didn’t rule out the chance of sharing a ground with Liverpool, but with the Anfield club pushing through their own plans to redevelop the ground, the chances of a ground share between both clubs are becoming less likely.
Everton have released very few details regarding the site, but Chief Executive Robert Elstone revealed the Blues have been in “constant dialogue” with Liverpool City Council over a new stadium.
Will this be another failed exercise by Everton in their plans to find a new ground? Or do they have a better chance of getting this one off the ground with the cooperation of the local council? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Everton are exploring a site for a potential new stadium ‘close’ to Goodison Park — Everton FC
- Carlos Tevez completes £7.6m move from Manchester City to Juventus — The Guardian
- Tottenham’s Franco Baldini will hold talks with David Villa before the end of the week — The Mail
- Carlos Tevez told he must complete his 250 hours community service — The Mirror
- West Ham confident of signing Ecuador winger Jefferson Montero — The Guardian
- Hull City to table bid for Gent striker Ilomboe Mboyo but face competition from Swansea — The Mail
- Steven Gerrard says he is on course to return to pre-season training after operation — BBC Sport
- Sunderland agree fee with Le Havre for Benjamin Mendy — The Mail
- Corinthians have confirmed that the departure of Tottenham target Paulinho is “imminent” — Sky Sports
- Wanyama’s agents are being petty, says angry Celtic boss Lennon — The Mail
- Juventus fans waiting at airport mob Carlos Tevez, who is given Del Piero’s No. 10 shirt — Dirty Tackle
- Artwork: Football grounds from the streets — The Guardian
- Hull City defender James Chester has signed a new three-year deal — Sky Sports
- Tim Cahill contemplating EPL loan move? — Pro Soccer Talk
- Aston Villa has confirmed Norwich goalkeeper Jed Steer will become club’s 6th summer signing — Sky Sports
- Do not adjust your sets: why those golden goals don’t look so golden — The Guardian
- Rene Meulensteen has left his role as Manchester United first-team coach — Sky Sports
- FA prepared to consider Glenn Hoddle’s plan for England’s next generation — The Telegraph
- Chile U20s 1 England U20s 1: match report — The Telegraph
- Jens Lehmann labels Bundesliga the ‘Boredom League’ — Dirty Tackle
- Wigan have agreed the free transfer of midfielder Chris McCann from Burnley — Sky Sports
- Brighton appoint Oscar García as head coach to replace Gus Poyet — The Guardian
- Jacques Maghoma has agreed a two-year deal with Sheffield Wednesday — Sky Sports
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.